Page 1517 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 51710171417146715071513151415151516151715181519152015211527 ... LastLast
Results 22,741 to 22,755 of 23324
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    There's a video somewhere of a former Bleach fan lighting their entire Bleach manga collection on fire because of the official pairings in the final chapter.

There's also this unnerving sense of self-entitlement on display. As if the creator's owe them something more than just producing the content.

Eugh.
    if they wanna burn their manga, more power to them.

but death threats? i may not have liked how bleach ended but i draw the line with death threats. it's just shows how low and hopeless you are a person to want to wish death on someone for a piece of fiction. hence why i, like a lot of other people here, don't really go deep into fandoms for certain pieces of fiction. it just gets weird, maddening and creepy for my tastes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Fans are the worst.

These people either don't know what real problems are, or they have real problems that can't be fixed, so they take it out on someone else.
    I think Star Wars fans are probably the most prominent example. I mean sure the prequels sucked. But the ten year long tantrum they threw over them, was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    It's even more fun when they blame you for ruining their life because your story was too conceptually disturbing.
    Yeah, I think the one that takes the trophy home is Star Wars and the prequels. Like holy **** I remember shirts saying "Lucas ruined my life!", and the relentless criticism of the poor kid who played Anakin and the guy who played Jar Jar Binks was as disgusting as it was disturbing. Yeah, the first two movies of the prequels sucked, but to take it so personally? Jesus.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    I think Star Wars fans are probably the most prominent example. I mean sure the prequels sucked. But the ten year long tantrum they threw over them, was ridiculous.
    JINX! You owe me a coke.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I still remember the NaruSaku fans petitioning to ban Naruto from the US when NaruHina became the official pairing.
    So were these people oblivious to the the fact that NaruHina was allways way more popular? How did they react when people pointed it out to them? Granted even if NaruSaku was the more popular one, that petition would still be ridiculous.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    So were these people oblivious to the the fact that NaruHina was allways way more popular? How did they react when people pointed it out to them? Granted even if NaruSaku was the more popular one, that petition would still be ridiculous.
    i'm a narusaku fan and this is the first time i'm hearing of this.

granted, i didn't interact with nearly anyone in the fandom, outside of this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

okay I get so it's ignoring Robocop 2 and 3.

https://screenrant.com/neill-blomkam...ovie-r-rating/
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

granted, i didn't interact with nearly anyone in the fandom, outside of this site.
    It was a pretty big deal when it happened. Alongside the petition there was a friggin prayer group at a school praying the author would change his mind. There was also this NaruSaku forum which produce posts of such entertainment value that the mods had the put the entire forum in lockdown in order to prevent non-members from posting there, and to prevent anyone from seeing those posts. But it was so long ago that I think the forum is no more, and a lot of the story around it has been lost in the Internets abyss.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member

if they wanna burn their manga, more power to them.
    No, burning up in a childish fit is not a "more power to them" thing, ironic or otherwise. It's just a fire hazard caused for a dumb reason.

Like, send that collection to recycling or sell it on ebay something.

It's totally true.

The "wilder" NaruSaku got real desperate in the months after the series ended.

Extraordinary Member

And now that we've established that the deeper parts of most fandoms are generally awful I feel like cheering myself up.

Damnit, they freaking nailed this scene. Before it aired I was hoping for You Say Run to play during this, but Worthy Rival, Written and Read as Friend just works so much better for the mood that's conveyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    No, burning up in a childish fit is not a "more power to them" thing, ironic or otherwise. It's just a fire hazard caused for a dumb reason.

Like, send that collection to recycling or sell it on ebay something.

It's totally true.

The "wilder" NaruSaku got real desperate in the months after the series ended.
    i don't really see it that way. if someone buys something and it's theirs, they are free to do it whatever they want with it. it's stupid, yes but they are free to be stupid as long as they ain't hurting anyone. i guess i'm just use to such reactions here in the states. like back when NWA was hot in the 90s and parents groups would buy their albums just to crush them, cut'em up and burn them in massive bon fires. me myself? i wouldn't do it. i'd rather sell them and get my money back as opposed to destorying them and waste my money. but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    It was a pretty big deal when it happened. Alongside the petition there was a friggin prayer group at a school praying the author would change his mind. There was also this NaruSaku forum which produce posts of such entertainment value that the mods had the put the entire forum in lockdown in order to prevent non-members from posting there, and to prevent anyone from seeing those posts. But it was so long ago that I think the forum is no more, and a lot of the story around it has been lost in the Internets abyss.
    considering all the **** i've heard fans doing in other fandoms, i totally believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Len, you're welcome for reviving Broly.
    You had nothing to do with Broly and we both know it. Taking a character who was a mix of the Hulk and Doomsday and giving him a new origin, personality(possibly) and a more coherent motivation to be a sadistic ******* is too tame for you. Dragon Ball Heroes seems more like the type of chaotic madness that I would expect of you.

And yes, fandoms are horrible. All of them. And no, there are no exceptions, so shut up. Now, can we please move on to more pleasant topics that don't encourage me to become a raging misanthrope?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!