Page 245 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 1451952352412422432442452462472482492552953457451245 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 23324

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    With reviews such as 'WW can't save it' and Better apologize to AoA and Amazing Spiderman 2.

HA.

That is all.
    It currently has 39% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Yeah, that's...that's pretty bad.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 03-23-2016 at 12:13 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

So Bowser is facing Ganon in Death Battle.

Considering how DB hates Mario and Ganon has plot device was guessing him though Bowser has survived a shit ton of stuff in his own right.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post

Considering how DB hates Mario and Ganon has plot device was guessing him though Bowser has survived a shit ton of stuff in his own right.
    Well, the Mario franchise on DB is currently 3-2-1 (if we count DK under the Mario banner and the 1 tie is koopa vs. goomba), and Peach HAS beaten a LoZ character (the titular Zelda). But the "can only be killed by very specific weapons" plot device of Ganon's WILL be something to think about... Of course, the same was said about Cinder/Knightmare in Knightmare vs. Guts, so maybe Bowser will be able to pull out something.

Like an Invincibility Star, since Bowser can use power-ups thanks to Super Mario 3D World. Or Bowser just pulls a Thor/Kirby and throws Ganon into the sun.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post

You do remember that they let Princess Peach win against Zelda, even though Zelda should've stomped her(especially if they applied the same BS logic about accumulating skills and experiences from Link's previous reincarnations, even though that isn't how it works), right?

EDIT: GODDAMN YOUR NINJA-ING, DOGPOOL! >_<
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Just came back from BvS. Please note that I am generally more hyped for DC flicks than Marvel movies. I do understand the critics, in that the flow and cohesion of the story left to be desired. However, visuals are great, action is pretty awesome, characterization is globally fine, though character development happened too fast (seriously Zack, you're building a cinematic universe, you could have taken your time for some characters' evolution). The actors globally do a good job. While it is a flawed movie, I did spend a pretty good moment. Also, for those who like drinking games (personally, I'll replace it with a workout game), once the DVD, Blu-Ray, whatever come out:
    -one shot every time a piece of dialogue is a shout out to The Dark Knight Returns.
    -two if it's straight up lifted from TDKR
    -finish the bottle if the visuals are an homage to TDKR

(Yes, we already knew that from the trailers. There are even more in the actual movie.)

Now, from a more Rumbles-esque point of view, feats for the Trinity and a certain big villain, spoilers from here on:

spoilers:

Batfleck:
    -has a pretty good aim-dodging feat in his first in-costume appearance, dodging shots from a cop while hanging on the wall.
    -shows some serious skill in one-on-one battle against Superman, in spite of wearing that cumbersome suit of armor.
    -speaking of which, he apparently built the anti-Supes arsenal within 18 months, which did not seem to be a top priority until the movie's incidents (that, plus the Kryptonite he steals from Lex was the missing piece of the puzzle).
    -In a fight versus an army of thugs, he has magnetic disruptors that deactivate or explode firearms. Once he goes in melee... well, he takes a lot more hits than we've seen in the trailers, think Season 1 MCU Daredevil, except that he is much better armored, basically almost ignoring getting shot several times. The only serious attack that gets in is a knife wound, that he basically ignores. Even then, I suspect the suit's thickness helped a lot.
    -In terms of strength, swinging a heavy crate attached with a rope. Also, I counted the plates he wore during the pull-up feat. Total: 180 lbs for at least three reps. 1RM would be 190 lbs, according to my research. The world record is 206. Keep in mind that the record holder trained with that particular goal in mind, not with the idea of beating the living sh*t of criminals on a nightly basis, and certainly not with the purpose of beating the living sh*t of a superpowered alien.

Cav-El:
    -He has a nice strength feat where he drags a damn big ship: see this image
    -Some good pain tolerance during his fight against Bruce, who doesn't exactly pulls his punches.
    -In terms of speed, catching Batfleck's grenade, which some people here have already seen in tv spots or gif form, maybe catching a falling Lois when he was nowhere in sight a few seconds earlier. Also, crossing the distance between himself and Doomsday's fist in the middle of a punch towards Lex.

Wonder Gal:
    -She is a skilled swordswoman, landing very precise hits on Doomsday, even cutting one of his hands, which wasn't a good idea, see below. (for her defense, she couldn't have known.)
    -She has shown the durability to take some good hits by Doomsday, who was strong enough to make Clark feel his hits.
    -In terms of strength, ehh... she is strong, being able to harm Doomsday, and holding him with her lasso, but how much is strength and how much is the items' magic... I'd need to watch the movie again (which will happen at least once, with my little brothers.).

Doomsday:
    -Has an AoE attack, able to more-or-less level several city blocks.
    -They stated energy attacks strengthened him (probably where he got the energy to do his AoE)
    -When Wondy cut his hand, he regenerated a bony and spiky stump, which, again, isn't a good thing.
    -At least Clark's equal in strength before his first serious regen. Afterwards, he is seen taking on Clark and Diana at the same time.
    -Fast enough to catch Clark mid-attack.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 03-28-2016 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Just came back from BvS. Please note that I am generally more hyped for DC flicks than Marvel movies. I do understand the critics, in that the flow and cohesion of the story left to be desired. However, visuals are great, action is pretty awesome, characterization is globally fine, though character development happened too fast (seriously Zack, you're building a cinematic universe, you could have taken your time for some characters' evolution). The actors globally do a good job. While it is a flawed movie, I did spend a pretty good moment. Also, for those who like drinking games (personally, I'll replace it with a workout game), once the DVD, Blu-Ray, whatever come out:
    -one shot every time a piece of dialogue is a shout out to The Dark Knight Returns.
    -two if it's straight up lifted from TDKR
    -finish the bottle if the visuals are an homage to TDKR

(Yes, we already knew that from the trailers. There are even more in the actual movie.)
    so its reception will probably be in the same vein as the first MoS you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Fast View Post
    so its reception will probably be in the same vein as the first MoS you think?
    Sounds about right. The people near me globally appreciated it, but it will be panned critically speaking.

Extraordinary Member

Just saw BvSoJ. Am sleepy but here are some unfiltered thoughts.

It's an ok but flawed movie, similar to how MoS is a good but flawed movie. There's lots of cool scenes, the visuals are overall spectacular (could still use some more color though), the performances are good and the action (especially in the final fight) is great. But it's all dragged down a bit by pacing and cohesion issues (mainly at the start for the latter) and it just feels like they're trying a bit too hard at being a grown up super hero movie and miss the mark.

Overall, it was fun but could've been better.

Oh and Wonder Woman is basically a glorified cameo in this. But she's a really awesome glorified cameo and her theme music is amazing.

No end credits scene.

Out boxed by a kid.
    His career is over.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Out boxed by a kid.
    His career is over.
    Check your pm box as the RPGs compel me with updates. Please?

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Sounds about right. The people near me globally appreciated it, but it will be panned critically speaking.
    Panned?

They're tearing it apart. They're basically the Punisher to its Mob.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Out of curiosity, any other references to Iron Fist/K'un L'un in Daredevil season II?

We're just finishing Season 1, and so far it has just been Gao and her operation.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Out of curiosity, any other references to Iron Fist/K'un L'un in Daredevil season II?

We're just finishing Season 1, and so far it has just been Gao and her operation.
    Can't think of any but Gao does show up briefly again.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Hm. Okay, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for more comments from her and suspiciously-familiar stamps on drug packages.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate