Page 518 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 1841846850851451551651751851952052152252856861810181518 ... LastLast
Results 7,756 to 7,770 of 23324

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    YOU! Anima. NOW!
    Ah! Glad we still care!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Agreed. I started hating Shades, and grew to like him. Sign of a good character.
    Shades starts off looking like he's just got a silly one-note schnick doesn't he? But he proves us wrong.

I should go back and watch it.

My problem with it was not that Cage didn't get his shots in. He did. It's just that they seemed to do between squat and nothing to Diamondback. He'd take a heavy hit, and then get up grinning. Whereas Diamondback was making Cage bleed, making him spit blood, and really working him. Even seemed to hit harder.

Then...Cage just tanks everything and basically lays him out.

For me? That was just weak. Shades of 'Now I have something to fight for, so I will magically beat the snot out of someone who has been rather severely dominating me to this point...and I'm injured, to boot.'

Mileage, varies, etc.
    Yeah, Diamondback was definitely feeling the hits, groaning and slow to get up. And Cage is apparently holding back for at least part of the fight.

*sits in the minority who liked the ME ending*

Not that it makes me special, I just liked it.
    Lots of special snowflakes in Canada this time of year.

I thought ME3's ending was reasonable given the story structure they chose. Personally, I think the hate (post-DLC) wouldn't have been so bad if Shepard wasn't getting lectured by a child-form AI, taken after the likeness of a dead child which Bioware pushed heavily as symbolic of Shepard's feelings of helplessness and failure but which never resonated emotionally. Cinematically, I would have been more satisfied being given those choices by a colossal reaper-shaped hologram.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

things are heating up.

yuma (zeXel) vs. sawatari (ARC-V)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    That's kind of surprising given the amount of grass-types they offer. Especially in that Forest.
    Oh, I totally have a bunch of grass types in the PC, probably gonna get my Whimsicott and grind it up a bit. I meant that I need to retrieve it from the PC. So a lot less dire than I might've made it out to be.

I just usually don't have the grass type on my teams.

A nice tidbit about Square-Enix's short-long term goals with FFXV.

Here’s what was shared from director Hajime Tabata:

Short-Term Goal

First, it is to increase the degree of gameplay satisfaction for Chapter 13. By providing a major power up for the Ring Magic and such, we’ve already started on many enhancements. Details on the enhancements and availability will be shared on a later date.

Mid-Term Goal

We will enhance the direction of the game’s second half, and increase the satisfaction level of the story experience. For example, “why did the character named Ravus meet such a fate?” and such, will be just some of the event scenes we plan to add. Since additional event scenes require voiceovers and work on localization for all the languages, we’ve made this into a mid-term goal. We will share more when details for the plan are decided.

Long-Term Goal

We’ll make important characters that appear in the main game into playable characters. Again, we’re also looking into an avatar system that will allow you to make your own original character to play the game.

We will continue to vigorously work on various updates so that players can continue enjoying Final Fantasy XV for a long time to come.

Other

We’ll add a New Game that will allow you to carry over the status from when you cleared the game. Items that will allow you to clear at low levels, invincibility suits, and such will also be provided. Enlarged font display will also be provided to make reading messages easier.

Boss fights with rewards and results, limited-time Mob Hunts, and content that will allow you to play the game live will also be offered.
    Sounds like a cool game plan. I look forward to the Three Amigos (Prompto, Gladiolus and Ignis) being fully playable and customizable along with Luna, Iris, Gentiana, and Cor.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 12-08-2016 at 08:36 AM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Oh, I totally have a bunch of grass types in the PC, probably gonna get my Whimsicott and grind it up a bit. I meant that I need to retrieve it from the PC. So a lot less dire than I might've made it out to be.

I just usually don't have the grass type on my teams.
    Whimsicott Is so old school. Get out Bounsweet and teach everyone to fear your Trop Kick!
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Goddammit, I forgot how addicting Skyrim is. I've already put 4 times the amount of time into it I have FF15 and Fallout 4 combined and I'm haven't even gotten into the DLC yet.
    Fortunam adversarius, nihil prosperum habebitis

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Is that still supposed to come out January 12th? Cause I don't know if I can take another push back

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Is that still supposed to come out January 12th? Cause I don't know if I can take another push back
    It comes out the 12th in Japan. We don't get it until 24th.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Stuff that for some reason isn't getting quoted....
    I'll go check out the Diamondback fight.

Glad to hear you were okay with the ending for ME 3. That's something.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Luke VS Diamondback!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRoIZk9sQMA&t=1s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGWxW4-0h-o
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx_CgVS2q1I
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My main beef with the original ending was the lack of follow up to let us know how the galaxy was doing. Previous Mass Effect games also had brief endings, but at the end of the saga it felt empty for me not to have an epilogue the way the Dragon Age games do. The Extended Cut ending fixed that.

From a narrative structure point of view, building up a mysterious super weapon blueprint as the galaxy's only hope against the Reapers could only end so many ways. While this cycle appeared to be doing extraordinarily well against the Reapers relative to other cycles, to the point that the Reapers would be noticeably reduced for quite a few cycles to come, it was still a hopeless war. The Reapers had a vast an advantage built up over eons. So the Crucible could have simply supercharged the Citadel and blown all the Reapers up, leaving their origin a mystery only the leviathans truly know. It could have simply reprogrammed the Reapers in some fashion. But finding the AI/VI in charge of it all and coming to understand the arrogant futility this entire mess was born from, and choosing how to stop it, was a fine way to end it structurally.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator