1. #21361
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I disagree. The beginning of the Buu saga shows us that Goku is willing to put his desire for a good fight behind doing what is right for the planet. The BS Vegeta and him pulled for not using the DBs to find Geros lab aside, Goku and co really were trying to prevent Buus resurrection. If Goku understood what abilities the gauntlet gives, I can see him not wanting it around since it is like a cheat device. A person doesn't even have to "fight" in the traditional way with it in order to "fight".
    those kind of moments are few and far inbetween for goku really.

  2. #21362
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    13,917

    Default

    If anything I'm just imagining a GTA IV style Superman game where his cousin Kara is always calling up to see if he wants to go bowling.

  3. #21363
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,486

    Default

    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

  4. #21364
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,309

    Default

    as for the superman game........................i don't know. i mean they tried a open world superman game before and i don't remember it working very well.

  5. #21365
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    If anything I'm just imagining a GTA IV style Superman game where his cousin Kara is always calling up to see if he wants to go bowling.
    See, this guy gets it.

  6. #21366
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    as for the superman game........................i don't know. i mean they tried a open world superman game before and i don't remember it working very well.

    I assume you mean Superman 64? That's not because it was Superman, it's because it was made by a company who's best games were racing and chess games, and who were consistently wretched with tie-in games.

    Give Superman to a company that knows how to actually make good games, particularly open world ones? Rockstar would almost have to screw it up on purpose.

  7. #21367
    Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    as for the superman game........................i don't know. i mean they tried a open world superman game before and i don't remember it working very well.
    Oh yeah, I think it's because to make sure nobody is screwing around as Superman, they decided to give the city something akin to a health bar that decreases if you don't do anything the game wants you to.

    ...I think the Lego Batman games might be better on open world superman stuff...But it's lego. Still fun though.

  8. #21368
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I assume you mean Superman 64? That's not because it was Superman, it's because it was made by a company who's best games were racing and chess games, and who were consistently wretched with tie-in games.

    Give Superman to a company that knows how to actually make good games, particularly open world ones? Rockstar would almost have to screw it up on purpose.
    I don't think Superman 64 was an open world game.

    Superman Returns, the tie in game to the movie with the same name, however was open world. It had an interesting mechanic where Superman himself doesn't have a life bar. Instead Metropolis has a bar measuring its destruction. So you can't let the city get too busted up.

  9. #21369
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I don't think Superman 64 was an open world game.

    Superman Returns, the tie in game to the movie with the same name, however was open world. It had an interesting mechanic where Superman himself doesn't have a life bar. Instead Metropolis has a bar measuring its destruction. So you can't let the city get too busted up.
    that's the one i was referring to. i remember playing a demo for it at blockbuster years ago and not really liking it.

  10. #21370
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I don't think Superman 64 was an open world game.
    For some reason, I thought it was, like a virtual city you flew around in and did missions. I guess not.

    Superman Returns, the tie in game to the movie with the same name, however was open world. It had an interesting mechanic where Superman himself doesn't have a life bar. Instead Metropolis has a bar measuring its destruction. So you can't let the city get too busted up.
    HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

    Never even heard of that one. I mean, not a bad idea in theory, but I could see it being difficult to execute in a fun way.

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    that's the one i was referring to. i remember playing a demo for it at blockbuster years ago and not really liking it.
    Well, again, the company that made it, most of their library looks like sports simulators, so open world Superman was probably not the project they were cut out for.

  11. #21371
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,309

    Default

    https://thetakeout.com/dear-god-what...ocialMarketing

    i do not know what possessed him to make such a sandwich...........but i don't know if i should give him a medal or call the vatican for a exorcist.

  12. #21372
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    For some reason, I thought it was, like a virtual city you flew around in and did missions. I guess not.



    HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

    Never even heard of that one. I mean, not a bad idea in theory, but I could see it being difficult to execute in a fun way.



    Well, again, the company that made it, most of their library looks like sports simulators, so open world Superman was probably not the project they were cut out for.
    only through glitches. and boy howdy, that game has glitches to spare.

  13. #21373
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    only through glitches. and boy howdy, that game has glitches to spare.
    Well, it is EA, they probably figured they'd just patch it later.

  14. #21374
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Well, it is EA, they probably figured they'd just patch it later.
    actually superman 64 was done by titus. and as expected, they filed for bankruptcy in 05.

  15. #21375
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    actually superman 64 was done by titus. and as expected, they filed for bankruptcy in 05.
    I think he thought you were refering to the Superman Returns game. EA made that one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •