Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Weiss didn't try to attack anyone, it's not like losing your temper and punching some one (since in that case you still made the conscious decision to attack that person). Having a moment of power incontinence dosn't exactly qualify as an aggressive act by that person.
    ...It absolutely does, yes.

Nicholas was portrayed as being a rather fair and honorable guy, in the wor. When he thought Jaques would be good for the company, it's very doubtful that he had the kind of things Jaques did with the company in mind.
    Which is 1) Speculation 2) In no way translates to Jacques having lied to him 3) Still has nothing to do with my point.

The Schnee family have a rep in Remanent for being corrupt, all things seem to indicate that Jacques is the one responsible for that.
    Actually no, Word of Remnant outright says that Jacques has the best PR team in the world so the family name is still honorable, which is part of why Jacques got upset that Weiss tracked mud over it by almost killing someone in public.

None of which has anything to do with the point, which is that Weiss was acting like an entitled, unstable person.

Jacques could be personally mutilating puppies to make himself a new vest every night and he would still be able to cut Weiss off from all the things she takes for granted, which makes it obvious how entitled and delusional she was for being surprised that he did so after she repeatedly fucked up and insulted him.

For the third time; the issue isn't Weiss disliking Jacques. It's her somehow expecting Jacques to not do anything about her actions when he has all the power in that situation.
    Last edited by Siriel; 10-18-2017 at 01:42 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    ...No wonder why I stopped reading. Ippo is still acting like a dumbass?
    not really still acting like one.

after his bout with gonzales, who was ranked 2nd in the world, ippo was really fucked up. so much so that takamura thought that he was "broken" and maybe shouldn't step in the ring anymore. hell, ippo even said that if he lost again, he was retiring. so after he recovered, he went back to hard training and mastering the new dempsey roll. then cut to the first match back since that loss and he was doing well in the first few rounds. he was only messing up due to ring rust and not having much experience against a southpaw, but otherwise, he was fucked that other dude up with his improved power and speed. it was so bad that the last few chapters, the other guy's coach was considering throwing in the towel, ippo was mauling him so bad.

it's the recent chapters that are aggravating. ippo had him in the corner and he was throwing these stupid long blows that looked so damn stupid. sure they were powerful but they left him open like katz' deli. the other guy just..........put his hand in front of him and ippo sort of just ran into it. then ippo slipped and slammed his head hard on the floor. when he went back to the coach, he told him to stop focusing on the new DR and just win. but ippo being ippo was like "no. i show my gratitude to the coach for training me"

so yeah, i'm worried about him but at the same time, i wanna slap him in the head and say "STOP BEING STUPID!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

after his bout with gonzales, who was ranked 2nd in the world, ippo was really fucked up. so much so that takamura thought that he was "broken" and maybe shouldn't step in the ring anymore. hell, ippo even said that if he lost again, he was retiring. so after he recovered, he went back to hard training and mastering the new dempsey roll. then cut to the first match back since that loss and he was doing well in the first few rounds. he was only messing up due to ring rust and not having much experience against a southpaw, but otherwise, he was fucked that other dude up with his improved power and speed. it was so bad that the last few chapters, the other guy's coach was considering throwing in the towel, ippo was mauling him so bad.

it's the recent chapters that are aggravating. ippo had him in the corner and he was throwing these stupid long blows that looked so damn stupid. sure they were powerful but they left him open like katz' deli. the other guy just..........put his hand in front of him and ippo sort of just ran into it. then ippo slipped and slammed his head hard on the floor. when he went back to the coach, he told him to stop focusing on the new DR and just win. but ippo being ippo was like "no. i show my gratitude to the coach for training me"

so yeah, i'm worried about him but at the same time, i wanna slap him in the head and say "STOP BEING STUPID!"
    It's been a while since I've been really engaged in the series. It's still entertaining and interesting, but it's just not at its highest point nowadays.

Last time was probably when Volg had his world title match. I'm pretty sure that was before the forum reboot.

Man... Volg's title match was awesome.

Extraordinary Member

While I don't mind Ren and Nora getting some development (JNPR are meant to be main characters too). I just don't like how Ruby ultimately ended up getting marginalised for them.
    I disagree that she got marginalised. It was indeed mainly about Ren and Nora, which was well needed since they'd only been to the side for seasons 1 to 3. But Ruby got her fair share of story time. Mainly in that her leadership and decision making skills were put to the test under an increasingly difficult situation, and she passed it all just fine. But mainly the fourth season reinforced her character.

When the going gets tough Ruby keeps a clear head, stays focused on her mission and goal, and just does her best to help people. It's not character development per se, but it was still interesting and a joy to see. Your Mileage May Vary of course.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I disagree that she got marginalised. It was indeed mainly about Ren and Nora, which was well needed since they'd only been to the side for seasons 1 to 3. But Ruby got her fair share of story time. Mainly in that her leadership and decision making skills were put to the test under an increasingly difficult situation, and she passed it all just fine. But mainly the fourth season reinforced her character.

When the going gets tough Ruby keeps a clear head, stays focused on her mission and goal, and just does her best to help people. It's not character development per se, but it was still interesting and a joy to see. Your Mileage May Vary of course.
    I guess so. I think one aspect of Ruby's character is that she is in many ways already the hero she wants to be. She just dosn't realize it.

It's been a while since I've been really engaged in the series. It's still entertaining and interesting, but it's just not at its highest point nowadays.

Last time was probably when Volg had his world title match. I'm pretty sure that was before the forum reboot.

Man... Volg's title match was awesome.
    i feel ya. i still read it but mostly out of obligation. not that it sucks. it's just........lost a little bit for me.

but when you have a series that's been in publication for decades and has over 1100 chapters and counting, you are bound to lose something.

and yes, volg title bout was one of the best of the whole manga.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Probably so they don't get a "Goku vs. Superman" situation where Luffy gets some better feats and they get flooded with demands for a rematch. Because I doubt they can pull "infinite stats" with the winner to justify never doing the fight again.
    Maybe, but Naruto still exists in Boruto and will probably get some new feats there. Though, he might very well just job to make some new threat look scary.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Ah, I see.

Meanwhile, I really need to catch up on Kingdom at least for the current chapter. Mouten is kicking ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Ah, I see.

Meanwhile, I really need to catch up on Kingdom at least for the current chapter. Mouten is kicking ass.
    everyone kicks ass in "kingdom".
    Last edited by master of read; 10-18-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I guess so. I think one aspect of Ruby's character is that she is in many ways already the hero she wants to be. She just dosn't realize it.
    Pretty much, she's just lacking in experience. But I do get that it would probably be more interesting for most if a curveball was thrown in her way.

Hopefully we'll get that with this season along with some more information about her silver eyes.

Extraordinary Member

i feel ya. i still read it but mostly out of obligation. not that it sucks. it's just........lost a little bit for me.

but when you have a series that's been in publication for decades and has over 1100 chapters and counting, you are bound to lose something.

and yes, volg title bout was one of the best of the whole manga.
    Definately, I'm thouroughly impressed by the mangaka's dedication to he series after all these years, and it is understandable that keeping up the quality gets more and more difficult with the years. Especially since he's still playing the long game with all the story arcs surrounding Ippo.

BANNED

Pretty much, she's just lacking in experience. But I do get that it would probably be more interesting for most if a curveball was thrown in her way.

Hopefully we'll get that with this season along with some more information about her silver eyes.
    I kind of hope we learn what the nature of the silver eyes are. We have Oscar here to hopefully fill us in next episode.

Extraordinary Member

I kind of hope we learn what the nature of the silver eyes are. We have Oscar here to hopefully fill us in next episode.
    That should go swimmingly.

Oscar: The voice in my head wants me to talk about your eye color.

Ruby: ...are you sure that's what you wanted to say?

Oscar: I'm not insane. At least I don't think I am. Ask your drunk uncle.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

every kicks ass in "kingdom".
    ....touché. Can't argue with that logic.