Page 102 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 2529298991001011021031041051061121522026021102 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 23324

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    The only difference from there on would be him having laser vision and his swords coming out of his hands. Obviously different, but still salvageable. Give him his suit, his personality, etc, and the only thing different about him would be his laser vision and Katana claws really.

I mean I get it. What they did was an insult to both the character and the fans. But it wasn't so bad that it wasn't fixable. That is what I am trying to get at here.
    Say you took Captain America and said "OK.... No flag-suit, no shield and for a while no big LEADERSHIP! speeches or patriotic words of any sort, we'll change what you look like, but you'll get this cool plasma rifle and psychic blasts."

Would that be Cap?

Or say they took away Wolverine's claws, healing factor, charming personality and body hair but gave him electrocuting knee-pads and a bandana of truth. Would that be Wolverine?

No. It wouldn't.

Everyone's complaining about Doom in the latest FF movie (and the other movies, to be fair). Because he isn't Doom. If you say you're giving me a strawberry milkshake and I'm really looking forward to the strawberry milkshake but instead you give me Diet Sprite, I'm going to be disappointed.

They had a character they called Deadpool. But it wasn't Deadpool. That's a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    You mean the most recent one where he's dealing with dead president ghosts, etc, and is written by a comedian?

Nope. He's pretty much a walking punchline again. With where I left of, in any case. The run before it, that started at the end of Secret Invasion, was better. But even that turned to shit about halfway through.

Uncanny X-Force has been my favorite representation of him in recent years, outside of Deadpool 'kills'.

The Secret Wars stuff isn't terrible so far, but we'll see.
    Eh, I don't mind him being a walking punchline depending on the situation. Hilarious, inane wackiness is also part of DP's charm.

Now if only they would do a DP/Joker crossover so that he can finally act on his fear of clowns.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Obviously not now. DoFP retconned a lot of things and the new Deadpool movie shows how different things are for Deadpool. I am just saying that he could have been fixable beforehand.
    But they wouldn't have NEEDED to fix Deadpool if they hadn't BROKEN him in the first place. You liked the ideas behind Barakapool, I get that. But the problem isn't the IDEAS used, it's the fact they put those on ideas onto a character that didn't need them.

Now, had they made Barakapool into an entirely original character, possibly named simply Weapon XI, there wouldn't have been any problems.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    But they wouldn't have NEEDED to fix Deadpool if they hadn't BROKEN him in the first place. You liked the ideas behind Barakapool, I get that. But the problem isn't the IDEAS used, it's the fact they put those on ideas onto a character that didn't need them.

Now, had they made Barakapool into an entirely original character, possibly named simply Weapon XI, there wouldn't have been any problems.
    Oh i agree. I am just saying that they could have easily fixed him up a bit.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Honestly if they hadn't sewn his mouth shut it would have been... well it would have still been bad, but sewing his mouth shut was just the ultimate "not getting it" moment from Fox in that whole stupid movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Say you took Captain America and said "OK.... No flag-suit, no shield and for a while no big LEADERSHIP! speeches or patriotic words of any sort, we'll change what you look like, but you'll get this cool plasma rifle and psychic blasts."

Would that be Cap?

Or say they took away Wolverine's claws, healing factor, charming personality and body hair but gave him electrocuting knee-pads and a bandana of truth. Would that be Wolverine?

No. It wouldn't.

Everyone's complaining about Doom in the latest FF movie (and the other movies, to be fair). Because he isn't Doom. If you say you're giving me a strawberry milkshake and I'm really looking forward to the strawberry milkshake but instead you give me Diet Sprite, I'm going to be disappointed.

They had a character they called Deadpool. But it wasn't Deadpool. That's a bad thing.
    There is no victor. Only Doom.

Best part of the entire move right there.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    There is no victor. Only Doom.

Best part of the entire move right there.
    Except apparently the Doom character in the other FF movies said the same thing. :)

Kind of loses its impact.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Oh Goddamn you, Cthulhu! Stop your nefarious and nonsensical schemes to adapt my beloved horror franchises for domestic television!
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 08-11-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

I am making an army of disgruntled fans.

You hush.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

So, one of my jobs is working at a cinema and yesterday I hung out in a screening of Fantastic Four for like the first fifteen minutes.

Holy shit that film is terrible.

Like, everything is bad. Script is awful, the cast (who are all actually quite talented) are wooden and lifeless, plot is arse, pacing is atrocious, even the editing is absolute turds.

I kind of want to see the rest just to see how bad it gets since I've been informed that the third act is absolutely awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    So, one of my jobs is working at a cinema and yesterday I hung out in a screening of Fantastic Four for like the first fifteen minutes.

Holy shit that film is terrible.

Like, everything is bad. Script is awful, the cast (who are all actually quite talented) are wooden and lifeless, plot is arse, pacing is atrocious, even the editing is absolute turds.

I kind of want to see the rest just to see how bad it gets since I've been informed that the third act is absolutely awful.
    This about sums it up.
    WARNING: Spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    This about sums it up.
    Poor Ben, it sucks being the only sane man.

And if the movie really was purposely satirized like that, I probably would've stayed awake for the entire film.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Poor Ben, it sucks being the only sane man.

And if the movie really was purposely satirized like that, I probably would've stayed awake for the entire film.
    Fant4stic Abridged: Coming Soon. Hopefully.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Pass me some of that sad cocaine.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    This about sums it up.
    If that's basically how the movie actually goes down (with comedic exaggeration taken into account), I'm not surprised everyone hates it so much.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate