Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Ah, OK then.

My colleague and I were discussing the CW-verse shows the other day, and my take in order of pure enjoyment at the moment (and not necessarily script, plot or acting) is:

Legends of Tomorrow (seriously, this show just keeps getting more fun the more they realise they should just focus on Nate and Rory) > Parts of Flash with Cisco > Supergirl > Parts of Flash without Cisco >>>>>>>>> Ebola > Arrow.

I feel like I’m the one now trapped on Lian Yu, being tortured and forced to survive a living hell but unable to escape from it when I’m watching Arrow these days.

You’d think I’d have learnt by now that we’re never getting back to Season 1&2 Arrow. But I just can’t not watch it.
    See, my issue with the DC shows, and I suppose to a lesser extent the Marvel shows (that AREN'T Netflix), pretty much boils down to the fact that after they hook you in with the initial season(s), they devolve into an utter shit show.

Like.

Arrow S1 ? Good, potentially GREAT even. S2 ? I hear whispers of the decline. S3 ? Apparently it's a crater that just keeps getting deeper with each consecutive season. The Flash ? Same thing. Supergirl ? I've heard that S1 isn't even that good. Agents of SHIELD ? Yep, same dealio. Now, now. You might say that, HEY, it's not that bad. People obviously keep watching for a reason; and that reason is hope.

I see my work is not yet done.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Well, he was keeping up some of the more powerful dudes at Marineford (though they outmuscled him mostly). So maybe.

The main issue for Gaara is that he doesn't really have any way of hurting Crocodile. But then one can debate how much control Gaara would have over Crocodile sand elemental form.
    I suppose it'd depend on how much control Crocodile has over himself.

It'd be like trying to transmute an Eternal.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Gaara vs Crocodile was always about the sand Gaara carried in his gourd was mixed with blood, don't remember if that was true post timeskip any more though

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Less of the ableist language please. It's offensive and not necessary.
    I was going to continue this conversation but then you used a tumblrism and I am not going to do so, that kind of thinking is censorious, fascistic and frankly? I think demeans people with actual disabilities who, by mere nature of living with their conditions tend to cultivate a far thicker skin and sense of humor than people who virtue signal for them give them credit for. And I have zero interest in engaging with someone who uses such terms...they frankly rarely have anything of value to offer.

I will leave it with this though: Masashi Kishimoto did in fact damage the industry, between catering to whackadoos and pushing the fanservice problems to staggering degrees, he created an atmosphere where lazy writing and really bad characterization and one dimensional characters can be pushed because its an easy buck so long as you pander. The overall story telling post Bleach and Naruto in shounen in general has, barring a few great exceptions gone down the drain...and its pretty blatant what the reasons for it are.

This an affliction that I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't driven a lot of older and younger readers to more outrageous but funny stuff or more "serious' grenres of manga..its detrimental and industry wide its removed a lot of the fun shounen was supposed to be about.

Out of all of them, Supergirl is the worst. It is so terrible, poorly written, cheesy dialogue, pathetic attempts at humour, meh acting, and very poor story telling. It is a disaster of a show and I truly hope it tanks. I dropped it mid season 2, I just couldn't stand how bad it is and am kind of astonished anyone would think it is even remotely entertaining. Legends was okay, but now it's as bad as Supergirl. The group act like little more than a bunch of bumbling idiots that cause a lot of their own problems with their incompetence, Sarah is a piss poor leader who is all brawn and no brains, while everyone else has showed to be pretty fucking selfish when you consider what they were doing at the beginning of the season despite what they could do(like Ray using his dwarf star to power an entire city, like Thawne revealed he could have done instead of becoming a wannabe Iron Man) and help a lot of people. Dropped that right after the first episode of this season. It was just too awful to continue anymore.

Flash is okay still, but the last ep was awful, with the three stooges(Iris, Joes wife to be/her daughter, and Felicity) performing as little more than a bunch of bumbling idiots all the while acting with a maturity of teenagers with their "hashtag feminisms!" garbage. Oh yeah, you're real strong and smart women alright, that's why Killer Frost had to save your incompetent asses when your plan failed miserably. And then they let the friggin villain go! Like wtf? "hashtag feminism" indeed you friggin retards. And Plastic Man is getting more and more annoying with each episode, with the last one involving him more or less ruining the bachelor party they had setup, all the while being oblivious that he is doing it. It's slowly declining like Arrow used to.

Arrow atm is getting better. At this point it seems a lot of you are just nitpicking over the most pointless of things because you're so used to it being majorly bad in ways that actually matter that you just feel the need to now take it apart over every little detail. It's nowhere near as bad as Supergirl and Legends, both of which are just trash.

Gotham is still good though, even if it is probably going to end soon since "way too friggin scrawny to be Batman"-Bruce is going to be an adult soon and at that point he's Batman.
    Last edited by Cody; 11-11-2017 at 08:28 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

for me, Legends is still tops. the show is just damn fun. also, mick is one of the best parts. makes me wonder what snart would be doing with the team if he hadn't died. but i will say it has had its share of dumbass moments, like at the end of season 2 when the team decided that "Hey! mick use to be a bad guy. let's not trust him anymore".

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Legends was better in season 2, but ended poorly and so far this season has just been one dumb goof after the other.

Supergirl has moments that are neat, but again, the storyline around Kara is less than stellar. Also dislike heavily their treatment of Martian Manhunter’s overal powers, even though the actor does a really good job.

Flash has fun, but suffers from “speed is power, but only at the end of each episode”. Meaning, Flash is dumb until he and the group suddenly don’t have to be.

Arrow was really bad, but last season elevated it quite a bit and so far, aside from the Internet episode, has overal continued to be good.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Legends was better in season 2, but ended poorly and so far this season has just been one dumb goof after the other.

Supergirl has moments that are neat, but again, the storyline around Kara is less than stellar. Also dislike heavily their treatment of Martian Manhunter’s overal powers, even though the actor does a really good job.

Flash has fun, but suffers from “speed is power, but only at the end of each episode”. Meaning, Flash is dumb until he and the group suddenly don’t have to be.

Arrow was really bad, but last season elevated it quite a bit and so far, aside from the Internet episode, has overal continued to be good.
    ^^^^^This x20.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Understand that a lot of the actors do an excellent job, they really do. The biggest problem each show suffers from is, honestly, lazy writing moments. Example, instead of exploring DC’s established Arthurian characters, we’ll just remove Merlin, make Sara seduce the Queen (being Lancelot), make Arthur lame and NOT include a single character from that time that DC promotes (le Fay, Sir Justin, Jason Blood, etc....).

It was just super lazy.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

What was done to Vandal Savage was..odd err rather

with him.
    Last edited by The Immortal Watch Dog; 11-11-2017 at 06:15 PM.

just wish they got a better actor for him. was less intimating than he was creepy.

meanwhile, in the manga everyone loves, "golden kamui", sugimoto and his boys curbstomped a group of blind bandits. the crazy part?

they did it............BUCK NAKED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Understand that a lot of the actors do an excellent job, they really do. The biggest problem each show suffers from is, honestly, lazy writing moments. Example, instead of exploring DC’s established Arthurian characters, we’ll just remove Merlin, make Sara seduce the Queen (being Lancelot), make Arthur lame and NOT include a single character from that time that DC promotes (le Fay, Sir Justin, Jason Blood, etc....).

It was just super lazy.
    Plus some of the acting is just god awful.

Let's not sugar coat this; and it's not just a DC issue.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Gotham is still good though. Even if it is probably going to end soon since "way too friggin scrawny to be Batman"-Bruce is going to be an adult soon and at that point he's Batman.
    Gotham has this weird thing were some things are totally dumb but damn if the show doesn't have a good sense of style. Like, Azrael was stupidly hammy, but then Penguin blows him up with a rock launcher and it's fucking awesome.

Also, they are making weirdly good use of Professor Pyg, of all villains.

On the Flash, yeah, letting the villain go for no reason was dumb.*

Also, He's Elongated Man, not Plastic Man. Even if he is for all intents and purposes Plastic Man. Kind of like how Arrow is Batman and Atom is Blue Beetle.

*Drunk Barry was fun though.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile