Page 1058 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 5855895810081048105410551056105710581059106010611062106811081158 ... LastLast
Results 15,856 to 15,870 of 23324
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I think I see the next book series I need to check out.

It’s a big series. Three in this one, and others that are tangentially connected via what he calls his Cosmere universe. Mistborn, Elantris, Warbreaker, etc....all are separate books or series, but take place in the same universe and are slowly connecting. It’s quite facinating and excellent reads.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

this is the greatest trailer in the history of cinema.

Saw Justice League today, globally liked it, though it had maybe a little too much humor for my tastes, and some CGI was seriously too noticeable. However, the story was more cohesive than BvS's theatrical cut, the characters were more likable than some of the previous movies, and we had everything we needed in those 2 hours (though I won't refuse an extended cut to watch the deleted scenes). More details in the spoilers below.

Seriously, spoilers.

Last Chance .

spoilers:

-For the humor part, a little too much on Batman's part, who, for example, at one point basically goes "it's not like I like you or anything, baka" towards Superman (credit goes to Linkara, not me on that one). Flash worked better for that, and there is a very funny moment involving Aquaman and Diana's lasso. I did like Bruce's answer to Clark asking him "Tell me, do you bleed?"
    -The action was pretty good, not too hard to follow.
    -They finally let Cavill's natural charm flow this time, Superman was very fun to watch, less brooding once he gets past his post-resurrection sickness.
    -Speaking of the resurrection, maybe it went a little too quickly, but it was nice seeing the argument on whether or not Clark should be resurrected.
    -Steppenwolf looked good, was played well, though his motivation was a bit standard.
    end of spoilers

Now, for the more Rumbles-y, feats-y part

spoilers:

-Steppenwolf has some good stuff, being able to take Wonder Woman one-on-one, and winning after getting a good fight from Diana. He is fast enough to deflect arrows, and pretty good with that axe of his.

-Batman does not get anything really new, some aim-dodging, his first scene involves him hurricarana-ing a criminal while tying him (I think), and fist-fighting a Parademon at one point.

-The big thing on this one is that, for those who doubted it, DCEU Speedblitz is officially a thing. Diana, in this movie, shows the ability to deflect full-on machine gun fire. And then, we get to Barry, who, when he goes into what I shall call "Flash Time", makes most people look like statues, or at least snails, in the case of the aforementioned Diana. I have been unable to truly quantify his speed for now, I will see the movie again next Monday, so I will be more careful. And then, we get to...

-Superman, who in this movie is the big winner in terms of feats. Immediately after his resurrection, he gets into a fight against the League, following a dysfunctioning in Cyborg's weapon system. He basically pimpslaps Aquaman and Victor, wins a headbutt contest with Diana, and at one point, those three gang up on Clark. Cue Barry trying to intervene with his speed, trying to get behind Clark. However, once he gets close, Clark's eye starts following him, then he turns his neck towards him, at almost normal speed while in "Flash time". Cue Barry going "oh, crap". What ensues is Clark trying to tag Barry, and managing to do so by landing close to him and shoulder bumping him, in a manner reminescent of their first encounter in the new 52. Later on, almost all hope is lost, when he arrives for the final fight, and shows that the only reason he didn't manhandle Steppenwolf by himself is that he had to help rescue civilians, by carrying their whole goddamn five or six stories, three columns building while flying, and catching up to Barry (though that would be travel speed). Oh, and he helps Diana destroy Steppenwolf's axe with freeze breath.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 11-15-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Ended up playing a heist in GTA online with apparently a group of guys who trust each other on mics and I was the random guy who is silent the whole time.

And....I miraculously wasn’t the guy who mess things up.

Hellbioy is fun in injustice 2

Extraordinary Member

Introducing, for the first and only time, the latest member of the TFS OC pantheon, Midnight the Wolf!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    I have no problems being the team shield if they actually use the shield. I've had McCrees go off and die in the ass end of nowhere at the beginning of the game, so when an enemy Winston jumps on our Mercy I just can't kill the monkey fast enough.
    See I have no real issue with this either, if they wanna hide behind it, I'll throw it up. But they don't, usually. Or they'll go and do something stupid, then bring the party to me and the healer gets squashed by someone because of it.

I've learned that Reinhardts work best when there's an element of unpredictability to their play. A Reinhardt who never charges or moves forward with hammer swings unless necessary becomes predictable, and an easy target. A Reinhardt who insists on charging every time is a poor man's D.Va. Taking calculated risks as Reinhardt forces the enemy to fear you. It narrows enemy options and expands your own. What's more, when you use your shield, enemies are less focused on running away from you and in fact often cluster together nicely for all of Reinhardt's offensive abilities. Reinhardt's shield is by far his greatest asset, but it's important to remember that every tool in his arsenal has great potential.
    Well of course it has potential, it's Precision German Engineering.

Jokes aside, I tend to use the shield as a bait more often than not. You pop it, and they all wanna shoot through it, which is great because it means some of them have to get close. Or in the case of your TypicalGenji™, they try to get behind you to stab you to death. Which basically opens them up for a free Wall-slam. Otherwise though, I'm pretty much the most aggressive you can be as a Reinhardt, dash in, start swinging the hammer like a madman. Sometimes it pulls enough focus for the actual damage to kill them from behind, sometimes they ignore me and I bop the healer.

Generally speaking it's a win-win**

**I don't play competitive.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I do play competitive, and have been focused down to death in the time it takes me to fire strike and put my shield back up.

Teams in QP are definitely much more conducive to a hyper-aggro Rein.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Ended up playing a heist in GTA online with apparently a group of guys who trust each other on mics and I was the random guy who is silent the whole time.

And....I miraculously wasn’t the guy who mess things up.
    OXBOX is doing Heists again?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

I do play competitive, and have been focused down to death in the time it takes me to fire strike and put my shield back up.

Teams in QP are definitely much more conducive to a hyper-aggro Rein.
    Yea, I've only just hit Lv25, I'll likely end up doing my placement matches and stop there.

I've put enough time into ranked League of Legends, to keep me from getting too invested in another ranked scene.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Yea, I've only just hit Lv25, I'll likely end up doing my placement matches and stop there.

I've put enough time into ranked League of Legends, to keep me from getting too invested in another ranked scene.
    While this season has been brutal to me (dropped from 3400+ to 2600+), I generally don't look at my rank much day to day. I figure it'll work out to whatever my general skill level is. I just play competitive because of the higher likelihood of a decent team composition.

While this season has been brutal to me (dropped from 3400+ to 2600+), I generally don't look at my rank much day to day. I figure it'll work out to whatever my general skill level is. I just play competitive because of the higher likelihood of a decent team composition.
    I legitimately thrive in the chaos.

An enemy team of solely offensive enemies ? Looks like I'm getting PotG this match. All defensive ? Looks like a free win. Team composition is nice and all, but I enjoy watching the life drain from my opponents eyes as I melee their Roadhog to death as D.Va, or bellow "I have you in my sights" and proceed to mow down the 4-Healer, 2-Tank composition as Grandpa Shoot'a'Man.

I already put enough effort into fitting team comps together in League, and now that they've completely reworked the rune and mastery system, it's a chaotic mess again, and I am basically back to my former glory. Also, I've been playing a lot of Evelynn. There's just something about a Succubus that gets these tentacles oscillating.

Arx Inosaan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar