nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

been reading a manga called kino no tabi and the latest chapters have me.......................a bit pissed.

the manga is about a girl named kino who travels with a talking motorcycle named hermes. they travel from place to place, seeing different countries and cultures while only staying in one country for 3 days.

one of the ones they traveled to was a country of peace that had survived war with another country for nearly 2 centuries. they warred so long, it seemed to go without end. then a woman who lost her husband and 5 sons in the war decided to work with another woman of similar background on the opposite side and helped end the war. how did they do it? they decided to, instead of killing each other, they would kill a primitive tribe called the tatata that lived between the two nations. so every time these two countries would go to "war", they would assemble at the boarder and then start massacring these tribes. and who even had the biggest body count would win the "war". the bodies are then just dumped on the boarder, letting them rot in the sun. the tatata have no say in the matter and can't stop either side from killing them due to them being woefully primitive. (both nations has modern firearms and hovercars while the tatata have only stone axes and arrows.)

That's a primitive work around.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

If a SHR occurs thinking of a guy with Dracomancey. Als turn yourself into a dragon or do dragon things/make stuff up.

and the tatata even went up to kino as she left and said they wanted to kill her slowly and painfully because they have no other outlet for their grief and rage. they can't fight back. they can't talk it out. hell they can't even bury their dead respectfully. even kino understood why they were so pissed off and she didn't want to die, she would've let them do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    been reading a manga called kino no tabi and the latest chapters have me.......................a bit pissed.

the manga is about a girl named kino who travels with a talking motorcycle named hermes. they travel from place to place, seeing different countries and cultures while only staying in one country for 3 days.

one of the ones they traveled to was a country of peace that had survived war with another country for nearly 2 centuries. they warred so long, it seemed to go without end. then a woman who lost her husband and 5 sons in the war decided to work with another woman of similar background on the opposite side and helped end the war. how did they do it? they decided to, instead of killing each other, they would kill a primitive tribe called the tatata that lived between the two nations. so every time these two countries would go to "war", they would assemble at the boarder and then start massacring these tribes. and who even had the biggest body count would win the "war". the bodies are then just dumped on the boarder, letting them rot in the sun. the tatata have no say in the matter and can't stop either side from killing them due to them being woefully primitive. (both nations has modern firearms and hovercars while the tatata have only stone axes and arrows.)

Sounds like they need some JUSTICE!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Sounds like they need some JUSTICE!
    i can kind of understand where they are coming from. they were just tired of the endless war. but their solution is not only morally disgusting but very short term. i mean, the tribe is eventually gonna die out, either by low population numbers or just being killed to death. and then what happens?

it's the theme of the manga. every nation that kino and hermes visits is dying in someway. like one nation where "majority rules" decided everything and through such laws, the total population was reduced to a single man.

but yeah, this manga could use some jiren justice.

That... sounds unbelievably frustrating. For many reasons. Its unrealistic, morally disgusting, the works
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    That... sounds unbelievably frustrating. For many reasons. Its unrealistic, morally disgusting, the works
    well it's a manga about a girl and her talking motorcycle. so i'm thinking that they weren't going for realism.

but everything else is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well it's a manga about a girl and her talking motorcycle. so i'm thinking that they weren't going for realism.

but everything else is correct.
    Hah! Well certainly its not exactly "real" but still the concept is frustrating.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Kino sadly lives in a fucked up world and she's perfectly aware of that fact. She originally came from a village that, as a tradition, administer a drug to children when they reached the age of twelve that would accelerate their aging so that they would reach full adulthood in seconds. They also have their livelihoods decided for them at this age and are expected to perform their duties without complaint and with a smile, no matter how cruel or arduous their work is. When Kino understandably refused to go through with the treatment, her freakin' father tried to stab her.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 12-13-2017 at 07:03 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

so I just finish Episode Ignis and I love it. it was amazing pretty much well done. the music is great, I enjoy the gameplay and I like the story especially the alternate path. ARDYN is great in the episode and a masterful troll. every time he shows up it's such a joy. he practically steals the scene every time he appears .

he has earn his place as one of my favorite Final Fantasy Villains.

this rendition of Ardyn's theme is wonderful!
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Hah! Well certainly its not exactly "real" but still the concept is frustrating.
    it's not so much frustrating as it is.........ironic. how each nation has their own idea of what makes a nation work and watching it backfire in some insane ways. sometimes, it's subtle like with the nations at "war". other times, it's very overt, like with the majority rules nations.

one of the more interesting ones is a nation where social interaction is completely dead. why? because some genius created a serum that gives people the power to read each other's minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Kino sadly lives in a fucked up world and she's perfectly aware of that fact. She originally came from a village that, as a tradition, administer a drug to children when they reached the age of twelve that would accelerate their aging so that they would reach full adulthood in seconds. They also have their careers and jobs decided for them and are expected to perform without complaint and with a smile, no matter how cruel or arduous. When Kino understandably refused to go through with the treatment, her freakin' father tried to stab her.
    yup. and then the whole town came out to help him kill her. and they acted like it all perfectly fine and dandy to murder a child.

As sweet as a talking motorcycle sounds... I'm pretty happy I live in real life given those standards haha :P
    - big_adventure

As sweet as a talking motorcycle sounds... I'm pretty happy I live in real life given those standards haha :P
    fair enough.

but i still insist you read "golden kamui", if only for the legend, tatusma ushiyama