Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    They haven't made any new videos in a year, at any rate.
    They put out a video over Christmas explaining the situation. Peter moved to Germany for a while and has just found out that he and his girlfriend are expecting a child (a girl as it happens) and Lloyd has been making a tv show and released a separate album of his own.

Their sign was that ERB isn't dead but the hiatus will continue for a while until they're both more in position to work on it again.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

the rare anime tricycle.
    Don't remind me how badly this anime broke my heart. I couldn't even finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    They put out a video over Christmas explaining the situation. Peter moved to Germany for a while and has just found out that he and his girlfriend are expecting a child (a girl as it happens) and Lloyd has been making a tv show and released a separate album of his own.

Their sign was that ERB isn't dead but the hiatus will continue for a while until they're both more in position to work on it again.
    Ah, so that's what happened. Thanks! Well, at least it's for happy reasons.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Don't remind me how badly this anime broke my heart. I couldn't even finish it.
    Is that Iron Blooded Orphans? I remember starting it but stopping around episode 6/7, I think. What happened?
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Is that Iron Blooded Orphans? I remember starting it but stopping around episode 6/7, I think. What happened?
    spoilers:
    Both the MCs die. The original villain dies. Most of the Iron Blooded Orphans die. Space Fellini dies.
    end of spoilers

>calls into work because he's too sick (flu) and the roads are too slick (freezing rain and mush)
    >manager gets cross with me cuz I didn't call in two hours ago
    >BITCH I WAS FUCKING ASLEEP (I put it more nicely, but still.)

Fuckers should be grateful that I even tried to go to work today, given how the roads are. I felt a bit bad for not giving them a proper amount of warning before calling, but now... **** 'em
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Crap happens. And if you have the flu, you probably shouldn't be going into work even if the roads are good.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Crap happens. And if you have the flu, you probably shouldn't be going into work even if the roads are good.
    True. Especially since this year's flu is apparently a bit more severe than usual.

tbh, the reason I didn't wake up early to call off is because, while I was feeling kinda... not well... last night, I wasn't entirely sure if it was the flu (or a cold or whatever) or just being tired. When I woke up, the burning nose, muscle aches, and general malaise confirmed what it was...

Combine that with me not wanting to **** them in the arse by calling off with only a half hour's notice, and you've got me trying to get to work, and then being like "Nope" and turning around. And then I **** them in the arse by giving them five minute's notice.

Lolwhoops.

But yeah, prolly gonna wake up early tomorrow and call off, if I'm still sick. Which, if it's actually the flu, I will be.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Stop ducking me!

You cannot escape!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    spoilers:
    Somehow, I doubt that's Jaune's actual Semblance. His encounter with Cardin, when the latter nearly broke his hand when he tried to punch him because of that pulse of Aura that surrounded Jaune, suggests his real Semblance is a defensive/counteroffensive one. Given what's been hinted about him, this may be a separate ability that he has, much like Ruby's Silver Eyes. Or it could be the other way around or they could even be by-products of his Semblance because as you said, White Mages are known for their healing and defensive abilities. His Semblance could be versatile like Weiss's and to a lesser degree, Yang's.
    end of spoilers
    I agree.

spoilers:
    I still feel his semblance gives him super hard skin that lets him act like a tank
    end of spoilers

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

New Baki-Dou.

Everyone continues to job to Musashi. This time it's spoilers:
    Hanayama
    end of spoilers

I mean, at this point he's got enough feats that the jobbing feels consistent.

Still - fuckin' Motobe being able to do anything to him feels wrong.

This manga, given that they went so much time being like; "Lol guns are nothing etc - you fuckin' casuals," and now everyone is amazed by the power of a SWORD. I think there's a video essay in there somewhere...

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    True. Especially since this year's flu is apparently a bit more severe than usual.

tbh, the reason I didn't wake up early to call off is because, while I was feeling kinda... not well... last night, I wasn't entirely sure if it was the flu (or a cold or whatever) or just being tired. When I woke up, the burning nose, muscle aches, and general malaise confirmed what it was...

Combine that with me not wanting to **** them in the arse by calling off with only a half hour's notice, and you've got me trying to get to work, and then being like "Nope" and turning around. And then I **** them in the arse by giving them five minute's notice.

Lolwhoops.

But yeah, prolly gonna wake up early tomorrow and call off, if I'm still sick. Which, if it's actually the flu, I will be.
    Ugh. Hide at home, man...

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Stop ducking me!

You cannot escape!
    I do not escape.

I wait.

Come to me.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

RWBY

spoilers:
    It says something about how I have received this volume so far that my first thought upon Ozpin explaining Hazel's grudge was to wonder what he was hiding about it.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Seriously, Crybaby. I love you but I can't comprehend why you would regulate this soundtrack to background instead of as your opening theme.
    I know right? Especially when the opening is just repeating 'man man man human' again and again.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Watched Wrestle Kingdom 12, and looked up Kenny Omega.

I have become convinced that man is one of those old-time "scrawny nerd turns into a musclehead through this product" ad comics brought to life.
    kenny is just a really big nerd who happens to be one the best wrestlers in the world, seeing as how two best finishers are just video game names (the V-trigger and the one winged angel).

not only that but he's big into fighting games. he's appeared at CEO 2 year in a row and has a feud with xavier woods of the new day.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    kenny is just a really big nerd who happens to be one the best wrestlers in the world, seeing as how two best finishers are just video game names (the V-trigger and the one winged angel).

not only that but he's big into fighting games. he's appeared at CEO 2 year in a row and has a feud with xavier woods of the new day.

He also apparently became fluent in Japanese so he could watch anime without subtitles.

I repeat, I'm convinced he's one of those old time "scrawny nerd turns into a muscular jock through this product" ad comics come to life. I wouldn't be surprised if he's low-key member of CBR...

He is, isn't he? WHICH ONE OF YOU IS KENNY OMEGA?!

Or is it me? Am I secretly Kenny Omega hanging out on CBR with the rest of the nerds?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis