Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Thanks for your support, guys; you're amazing friends. She underwent dialysis a day ago, so my family and I are praying for the best.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    RWBY

spoilers:
    Ok what is this nonsense, people are spouting about Adam going down in one hit? It seems like everywhere I go I here people saying this. Did everyone miss the part were he immediately got back up? Their fight clearly isn't over just yet, why is everyone acting she one hit ko'd the guy? I don't want to sound to defensive, because I think there are other complaints about the scene that actual validity to them. But it's really annoying when the most prominent complaint is complete nonsense.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Because those things you said just now don't really matter.

The fight was that. There can be another fight next episode, but Blake already won. The threat is gone. The rest is mere formality.

I mean, Adam could manage to slaughter a few named characters next episode to get some cred back, but I'm not holding my breath for it with the way RWBY has treated its villains these past two episodes
    end of spoilers
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    spoilers:
    Because those things you said just now don't really matter.

The fight was that. There can be another fight next episode, but Blake already won. The threat is gone. The rest is mere formality.

I mean, Adam could manage to slaughter a few named characters next episode to get some cred back, but I'm not holding my breath for it with the way RWBY has treated its villains these past two episodes
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I wouldn't exactly call that a defeat. Blake gets one hit in that dosn't even seem to really hurt the guy, somehow = Blake defeating him? Do I think Adam lost a lot of his menace ?
    Yes I've already made that clear. There are actual valid complaints to make about the scene, But in my opinion this particular complain, is just not true.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 01-14-2018 at 05:24 PM.

spoilers:
    That wasn't even conclusive fight, Blake gets one hit in that dosn't even seem to really hurt the guy, somehow = Blake defeating him? Do I think Adam lost a lot of his menace ?
    Yes I've already made that clear. But when there are actual valid complaints to make about the scene, But in my opinion this particular complain, is just not true.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I know this is Rumbles but think outside the Rumbler's box for a bit. This is not about who has HP left. This is about Blake's arc and getting over her running away problems. Here, Blake wrecked Adam's plans in every possible way. Then Adam came at her and she didn't run away. She knocked him on his ass, humiliating him in front of everyone, and then she got to see her friends again.

It doesn't matter that he can still fight, that he's hurt or not, or that it "wasn't finished." From that point on, it was game over, man. Game over. Blake wins, unearned as it was.
    end of spoilers
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Next time on Death Battle!

Announced here at 18:37

For those who don't want to wait and watch it

spoilers:
    batman vs Black panther
    end of spoilers

BANNED

spoilers:
    I know this is Rumbles but think outside the Rumbler's box for a bit. This is not about who has HP left. This is about Blake's arc and getting over her running away problems. Here, Blake wrecked Adam's plans in every possible way. Then Adam came at her and she didn't run away. She knocked him on his ass, humiliating him in front of everyone, and then she got to see her friends again.

It doesn't matter that he can still fight, that he's hurt or not, or that it "wasn't finished." From that point on, it was game over, man. Game over. Blake wins, unearned as it was.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I wouldn't necessarily call it totally unearned. Considering that Blake spent two whole seasons getting over her running away issues and learning to face her demons head on. That's not to say it was allways well handled as Blake's likability did take a hit during said arc and the Menagerie stuff wasn't very interesting in general, outside of Ilia. I wouldn't exactly call Blake's a big success for the writers, but I wouldn't necessarily call that particular scene in of itself unearned. The culmination of Blake's arc happened back in Menagerie, the confrontation with Adam is just a formality, for Blake to make her "triumphant" return into the main plot.

I don't want to sound overly defensive of this stuff, because I wouldn't call these last few episodes great. There are alot of problems with them. But at the same time I would very much disagree with people who call them bad episodes.
    end of spoilers

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Honestly my biggest problem, aside from how poorly written it is that they SOLVED THE PLOT OFFSCREEN, is that they didn't even show her avoiding him or outsmarting him or anything.

His slash totally hit her.

What, does she have invulnerability frames now?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

I don't want to sound overly defensive of this stuff, because I wouldn't call these last few episodes great. There are alot of problems with them. But at the same time I would very much disagree with people who call them bad episodes.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Once we can talk about it without a mess of spoiler tags I would happily elaborate on why this is probably the worst written episode in the entire show, even if the Maiden fight was cool.
    end of spoilers

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    snip

Watching the Beta stuff finally convinced me to preorder

Kaiser mused about making a TFS voice pack for steam, that'd be awesome

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Watching the Beta stuff finally convinced me to preorder

Kaiser mused about making a TFS voice pack for steam, that'd be awesome
    sweet ****. shame i can't play it since i don't have a system for it.

and according to max's stream, something is wrong with the servers and no one can find a match online.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator