Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Kinda looks like a swole Eminem from that angle.

Which ... No.
    “Look, if you only had one word, one opportunity to be Earth’s Mightiest Mortal, would you capture it, or just let it slip...

“His cape is sweaty, arms weak boots are heavy. On the surface he looks calm and ready to drop bombs but he keeps on forgetting the word...
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post

I don't like this costume, not incredibly sold on the actor's look either
    That guy looks like the clay version of Matt Damon from Celebrity Deathmatch got turned into a real boy and got swole.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Well my grabdfather Donald with the cancer died ten in the morning today. Found out. In his sleep.

Well I knew it was matter of time. Just sad my mom is broken up over it.
    My Sympathy goes out to you Chou. Understand what its like to lose a love one I been to many funerals. I had relatives whose lives were cut short. the first relative I lost was my aunt Sandy and she was killed in a house fire, and not back accident either this was Arson. this bastard that was with my Aunt Sandy's Burn down her home with her in it so he collect the insurance.

then he had the nerve frame my mother for all of it. this happen a long time ago and my mother and my aunt Sandy were close they were sisters. so my mother was devastated over her death. that was probably one of the worst events in my mother's live as well as mine. yeah lose a love one is tough so I hope you and your mother pull though Chou.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    I'm freaking out!!

The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Kinda looks like a swole Eminem from that angle.

Which ... No.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    That guy looks like the clay version of Matt Damon from Celebrity Deathmatch got turned into a real boy and got swole.

Nah, he looks like Swole Shazadam Sandler.

One Piece 897: Oh yeah, those guys were there too

Wonder if the arc will wrap up in time for the 900th chapter

Uh... can anyone explain the latest chapter of Black Clover to me, please? It kind of went over my head.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Uh... can anyone explain the latest chapter of Black Clover to me, please? It kind of went over my head.
    As I understand it:

spoilers:
    The chapter is told from the first person perspective of an elf (presumably William) who was close to Licht. During Licht's wedding to a human woman, all attends magic was sealed away and they were murdered with light magic (notably Licht's own style of magic). As he was dying, someone - William presumes Licht - cast Reincarnation Magic which resurrected him in a human body that was curiously similar to Licht's elf body and with Licht's slumbering soul inside him as well.

William blames humans for the destruction of the Elf Race and swears revenge, hence them being the main antagonists.
    end of spoilers

So, my take on that:

spoilers:
    Light magic being used suggests that Licht destroyed his own people at his own wedding. For what reason? Unclear. William's monologue alluded to some kind of tragedy in Licht's past so maybe some kind of resurgence of trauma. The fact that William got brought back in a human body with Licht's soul is odd - Licht certainly seems to be eeeeeeevil but we're not sure why exactly.

Obviously, this is an unreliable narrator of events and is deliberately fragmented to keep us guessing.
    end of spoilers

That sound about right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    As I understand it:

spoilers:
    The chapter is told from the first person perspective of an elf (presumably William) who was close to Licht. During Licht's wedding to a human woman, all attends magic was sealed away and they were murdered with light magic (notably Licht's own style of magic). As he was dying, someone - William presumes Licht - cast Reincarnation Magic which resurrected him in a human body that was curiously similar to Licht's elf body and with Licht's slumbering soul inside him as well.

William blames humans for the destruction of the Elf Race and swears revenge, hence them being the main antagonists.
    end of spoilers

So, my take on that:

spoilers:
    Light magic being used suggests that Licht destroyed his own people at his own wedding. For what reason? Unclear. William's monologue alluded to some kind of tragedy in Licht's past so maybe some kind of resurgence of trauma. The fact that William got brought back in a human body with Licht's soul is odd - Licht certainly seems to be eeeeeeevil but we're not sure why exactly.

Obviously, this is an unreliable narrator of events and is deliberately fragmented to keep us guessing.
    end of spoilers

That sound about right?
    Thanks. It's now 50% more clear. So, spoilers:
    who was the human kid that Licht befriended, who also had four leaf grimoire?
    end of spoilers

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Thanks. It's now 50% more clear. So, spoilers:
    who was the human kid that Licht befriended, who also had four leaf grimoire?
    end of spoilers
    Unclear at this juncture I think. File that under "to be revealed".

spoilers:
    Spitballing here, there might be some bait-and-switch going on with the two Four Leaf Clover Grimoires.

And looking at it... unless there is some very inconsistent art, that is not Licht's Grimoire because the patterning is totally different. And it only has three leaves on the clover on the back. I'm thinking this is some false memory **** or something.
    end of spoilers

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

new one piece out.

pekoms is going nuts. luffy gets some help from sanji. and sanji's fam turns up to help.

new HXH out.

while a lot of **** goes down on the boat, we cut back to the good ol' phantom troupe as they hunt for our favorite magic clown. but what's this? chrollo can't tell fortunes anymore. then that means..............

So All Might would've been a pretty good Seeker.
    almightbds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Unclear at this juncture I think. File that under "to be revealed".

spoilers:
    Spitballing here, there might be some bait-and-switch going on with the two Four Leaf Clover Grimoires.

And looking at it... unless there is some very inconsistent art, that is not Licht's Grimoire because the patterning is totally different. And it only has three leaves on the clover on the back. I'm thinking this is some false memory **** or something.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    So, do you believe Licht could have coordinated with the human mage to have the elves slaughtered. Licht at this point in time had Sword Magic whereas his human brother-in-law used Light Magic. Given the style of the spell used to kill them off, it could imply that it was combinaton magic.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Compare that to this:

I can see the reasons for the complaints. The actor doen't look strong enough, and the costume looks like a cheep knock off that you might find in a Halloween store.
    Last edited by Tami; 03-09-2018 at 07:01 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Compare that to this:

-snip-

I can see the reasons for the complaints. The actor doen't look strong enough, and the costume looks like a cheep knock off that you might find in a Halloween store.
    I too can see the complaints. But as with everything else comic movie related, I'll wait to see it in motion before I pass judgement.