Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I too can see the complaints. But as with everything else comic movie related, I'll wait to see it in motion before I pass judgement.
    Yeah, most effects driven movies look bad on set and are improved in post a lot.

We can't really tell much from this shot of a dude not in character, not aware he's being photographed, in a costume that hasn't had any effects done on it.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yeah, most effects driven movies look bad on set and are improved in post a lot.

We can't really tell much from this shot of a dude not in character, not aware he's being photographed, in a costume that hasn't had any effects done on it.
    This. The costume is incredibly faithful, so there's that. I'll wait until we see a trailer until I decide for sure.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member

My Hero Academia: Gentle and Lovelover are actually really cute together. I appreciate that she showed concerned for messing with the school festival.

All Might training Izuku was a good scene. I also liked All Might telling Izuku not to rely too much on any special equipment he might get since he'd forget how to use his powers (usually it's the other way around when people give this warning).

And Izuku desperately looking for videos and merch of All Might with his Iron man equipment was real funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    So All Might would've been a pretty good Seeker.
    Attachment 63132
    Heck yeah. And that's without powers.

...I now want to see a special chapter with the class playing quidditch.

Incredible Member

So, with the Kiryu skin for Hokuto ga Gokuto, it appears that Kazuma Kiryu can indeed do anything, including mixing up perfect drinks with Hokuto Shinken skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    So, with the Kiryu skin for Hokuto ga Gokuto, it appears that Kazuma Kiryu can indeed do anything, including mixing up perfect drinks with Hokuto Shinken skills.

*stares blankly at ET, slowly processes that he isn't an illusion, points a quivering finger at the seemingly undead Rumbler, then shrieks*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

He's been in the Dragonball RP with us for a few months now.

You're slipping Len.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

My Hero Academia: Gentle and Lovelover are actually really cute together. I appreciate that she showed concerned for messing with the school festival.

All Might training Izuku was a good scene. I also liked All Might telling Izuku not to rely too much on any special equipment he might get since he'd forget how to use his powers (usually it's the other way around when people give this warning).

And Izuku desperately looking for videos and merch of All Might with his Iron man equipment was real funny.

Heck yeah. And that's without powers.

...I now want to see a special chapter with the class playing quidditch.
    I am honestly coming to love Gentle and La Brava and want them to succeed in their goals. I also kind of want them to take in Eri-chan so they can raise her in their adorable and obviously love-filled home. Maybe they could help her relearn how to physically smile again.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    She ruined season 2 for me (DD1 and JJ are - so far - my absolute favourites).

Also, that they did the same 'We change the interesting villain for a crappy one halfway through the season, SURPRISE TWIST!' that they did in Cage and Iron Fist in The Defenders...and used ELEKTRA for it...was just rubbing salt in the wound.

I'm 100% hopeful for Season 2 (3, for DD) for all of these shows, but please, please...don't do the surprise crappy villain replacement, and have Elektra be nothing more than a bad memory.
    Elektra was great, don't know what your problem is with her. Jessica was just a flatout bitch towards 99% of the people she came across for no reason other than to be a rude POS, usually it was just towards white guys iirc(see Trishes boyfriend and DD for example)for no reason. She was also an all around close minded idiot to boot who didn't seem all that good at her job.
    Last edited by Cody; 03-09-2018 at 01:16 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    I am honestly coming to love Gentle and La Brava and want them to succeed in their goals. I also kind of want them to take in Eri-chan so they can raise her in their adorable and obviously love-filled home. Maybe they could help her relearn how to physically smile again.
    While they obviously would be a step up from Eri's previous living arragement, I don't entirely think that two performance criminals on the run are the optimal choice for her right now.

That said, I am looking forward to when they run into each other. I can imagine Gentle just stopping his entire scheme and focus in on getting Eri to smile if he sees her being sad.

She was suffering from severe post traumatic stress disorder and used alcohol and the art of "pushing everyone away" to cope. I mean if you think that's dumb or whatever that's your prerogative, but Jessica Jones was the most 'human' and well written/acted of any of the Netflix Marvel Characters, save perhaps the Punisher.

Meanwhile you have Elektra who added almost nothing, was overall bland as a character, was hit and miss with her acting ... And despite it all continued to be annoyingly 'there' because she was/is Matt's love interest.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Elektra was great, don't know what your problem is with her. Jessica was just a flatout bitch towards 99% of the people she came across for no reason other than to be a rude POS, usually it was just towards white guys iirc(see Trishes boyfriend and DD for example)for no reason. She was also an all around close minded idiot to boot who didn't seem all that good at her job.
    Elektra was annoying to me. Like they were going for her to be cool and mysterious and seductive, but she always came off as self-centered and rude and completely unappealing. Doesn't help that her character has very little personal agency. She was pretty much only doing things for Stick or to "help" Matt or stuff like that.

Jessica on the other hand I'm fine with. Her being a total asshole is kinda the point, her traumatic experiences have left a deep mark on her and it causes her to lash out a lot. I thought it made her an interesting anti-hero. And I was kinda glad that she didn't recover entirely after the first season. It just not that easy to get rid of those emotional and psychological scars.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    She was suffering from severe post traumatic stress disorder and used alcohol and the art of "pushing everyone away" to cope. I mean if you think that's dumb or whatever that's your prerogative, but Jessica Jones was the most 'human' and well written/acted of any of the Netflix Marvel Characters, save perhaps the Punisher.

Meanwhile you have Elektra who added almost nothing, was overall bland as a character, was hit and miss with her acting ... And despite it all continued to be annoyingly 'there' because she was/is Matt's love interest.
    Yeah, if she was trying to push everyone away, she would have been a bitch to everyone. She was usually kind and empathetic towards women however, as well as towards anyone who wasn't white really(see how she treated the cop Trish's bf killed, towards how she treated Danny(she was outright telling him how his powers didn't work while he was explaining how they did, despite knowing fuck all about any way his powers worked)). So she was quite selective towards who she pushed away, making it quite clear there was more to it than PTSD. Seriously, she is virtually identical to how Captain Marvel(Carol) currently acts in the comics. And that isn't a good thing.

Elektra is essentially much like Danny in her up bringing, with the exception that those who trained her ended up wanting to kill her just because they found out what she was supposed to be used for. Her acting was fine, so I don't see how you say her acting was a "hit and miss". I found her far more interesting than the useless moron Jones, and her backstory was parallel to Dannys. Defenders tied up her arc nicely, and while she will absolutely be in DD in the future, her role will likely change. And unlike Jones(who basically added nothing in Defenders), she acted as an integral part in DD, helping him deal a blow towards the Hand, as well as towards the criminal element and helping Matt be himself. And unlike the sellout Foggy or hypocrite Karen, she stood by Matt no matter what he did, right up until she was messed up from her resurrection.

I'd much rather see an Elektra serious than another shoddy Jones season.
    Last edited by Cody; 03-09-2018 at 01:49 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Elektra was annoying to me. Like they were going for her to be cool and mysterious and seductive, but she always came off as self-centered and rude and completely unappealing. Doesn't help that her character has very little personal agency. She was pretty much only doing things for Stick or to "help" Matt or stuff like that.

Jessica on the other hand I'm fine with. Her being a total asshole is kinda the point, her traumatic experiences have left a deep mark on her and it causes her to lash out a lot. I thought it made her an interesting anti-hero. And I was kinda glad that she didn't recover entirely after the first season. It just not that easy to get rid of those emotional and psychological scars.
    To me, these things are switched for the two. It was Jones who was little more than a rude and self-centred bitch and was extremely unappealing. Elektra stopped helping Stick real quick, and was mostly doing what she was doing to help Matt because she loved him. That isn't selfish.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

This, this and this.

And this thissetty this this.