Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Why'd you feel the need to single out that Jessica Jones is mean to mostly white people? That seems an odd thing to zero in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Why'd you feel the need to single out that Jessica Jones is mean to mostly white people? That seems an odd thing to zero in on.
    Kinda already explained why. She seems nice and empathetic towards anyone who isn't a cis white male, with the only sole exception being the cop she was bitching at on episode 1 of Defenders. If it makes you feel better: I would felt the exact same way if she was that way only towards black or Asian people, though I'd have a feeling I wouldn't need to explain myself in that scenario.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    And also complete bollocks. She was in Season 1 at times utterly horrible to Malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    And also complete bollocks. She was in Season 1 at times utterly horrible to Malcolm.
    As evident by her carrying him when he was nearly passed out from the drugs Killgrave was feeding him in the first episode. She was only a bitch to him when he was raiding her fridge when he had the case of the munchies and thought he was in his house. Compare that, to how she was essentially stoic when her redheaded nut job of a neighbour was harassing her and insulting her both before and after her brother was killed.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Yeah, she carried him. She’s helped all kinds of people. She just really hates doing it. To everyone, except maybe Trish.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Yeah, she carried him. She’s helped all kinds of people. She just really hates doing it. To everyone, except maybe Trish.
    She didn't insult him for no reason like she did with Matt the moment she first met him.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Hunter x Hunter
    If Togashi killed Neon off screen Ima be pissed

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Kinda already explained why. She seems nice and empathetic towards anyone who isn't a cis white male, with the only sole exception being the cop she was bitching at on episode 1 of Defenders. If it makes you feel better: I would felt the exact same way if she was that way only towards black or Asian people, though I'd have a feeling I wouldn't need to explain myself in that scenario.
    See I don't think you would have.

I'm noticing a trend.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    See I don't think you would have.

I'm noticing a trend.
    Based literally on nothing at all. If you're going to make claims, at the very least you can provide an explanation as to why you think I wouldn't(even though I have in the past, which you commented on back then too).
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Based literally on nothing at all. If you're going to make claims, at the very least you can provide an explanation as to why you think I wouldn't(even though I have in the past, which you commented on back then too).
    I feel like you only see her be surly to cis-white men because she's surly to everyone, the vast majority in the background of whom are cis-white men. They're also just not a major part of her life to really emphasize that, whereas she lives in a pretty diverse neighborhood. Also that Trish -- her life long BFF -- appears to have preferential treatment only because, again, she's the BFF. So at the center, you see a female with positive interaction.

Like the others pointed out, she treats Malcolm like ****. But she also treats her upstairs neighbor like ****, and at first, she's pretty defensive around Luke (which actually constitutes a good chunk of their flirting). But once she begins empathizing with Malcolm and her upstairs neighbors and the like, her more personal side comes through. The whole "white cis-men are the REAL victims here" argument really falls flat in Jessica Jones, and there's a big difference between being anti-white cis-male and being about women empowerment.

Hell, even her initial suspicions of Matt in Defenders are fairly justified (a blind lawyer ninja vigilante is weird no matter what world you're in), and even then, she quickly (though begrudgingly) joins forces with him not just to battle evil, but to join in picking on Danny together.

Extraordinary Member

To me, these things are switched for the two. It was Jones who was little more than a rude and self-centred bitch and was extremely unappealing. Elektra stopped helping Stick real quick, and was mostly doing what she was doing to help Matt because she loved him. That isn't selfish.
    Again, not denying that Jessica is an *******. But there's clearly a whole behind why she's the way she is. Like, the whole first season is largely about why she's such a broken and angry person. It doesn't excuse her behavior, but it goes to greath length to explain it.

Elektra on the other hand is just an ******* who pops into Matt's new life and is all "Having an actual job and responsibilities to your friends is boring. Let's go out and play ninjas." Of course, it's also Matt's fault for hanging out with her when she's just being an *******. But still, that's pretty much the only reason she's there. And changing sides because she's in love with Matt doesn't exactly make for a compelling character arc. It just means that she's a love interest. And Defenders adds nothing to her character arc. It just sorta reboots her personality so that she's a bland weapon and then she suddenly becomes super evil and then she's just all happy to die with Matt or whatever.

Man, Defenders doesn't really hold up well under scrutiny. Oh well, at least everybody treated Danny like he's was a brat. That was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I feel like you only see her be surly to cis-white men because she's surly to everyone, the vast majority in the background of whom are cis-white men. They're also just not a major part of her life to really emphasize that, whereas she lives in a pretty diverse neighborhood. Also that Trish -- her life long BFF -- appears to have preferential treatment only because, again, she's the BFF. So at the center, you see a female with positive interaction.

Like the others pointed out, she treats Malcolm like ****. But she also treats her upstairs neighbor like ****, and at first, she's pretty defensive around Luke (which actually constitutes a good chunk of their flirting). But once she begins empathizing with Malcolm and her upstairs neighbors and the like, her more personal side comes through. The whole "white cis-men are the REAL victims here" argument really falls flat in Jessica Jones, and there's a big difference between being anti-white cis-male and being about women empowerment.
    Yeah, if you consider being a bitch being about female empowerment, then Carol Danvers is the icon of all empowered female comicbook fans. Wonder Woman is an empowering character, Jones? Is a joke.

I already responded to a lot of what was in your reply already in my previous posts. She doesn't really treat her neighbour like **** unless he is raiding her fridge while high. And she completely lets her upstairs neighbour talk a bunch of **** to her even before her brother died, without so much of a sarcastic comeback like she does with DD. Trish isn't even a part of this since their childhood friends, I was talking about her boyfriend, and how Jones treated him.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Again, not denying that Jessica is an *******. But there's clearly a whole behind why she's the way she is. Like, the whole first season is largely about why she's such a broken and angry person. It doesn't excuse her behavior, but it goes to greath length to explain it.

Elektra on the other hand is just an ******* who pops into Matt's new life and is all "Having an actual job and responsibilities to your friends is boring. Let's go out and play ninjas." Of course, it's also Matt's fault for hanging out with her when she's just being an *******. But still, that's pretty much the only reason she's there. And changing sides because she's in love with Matt doesn't exactly make for a compelling character arc. It just means that she's a love interest. And Defenders adds nothing to her character arc. It just sorta reboots her personality so that she's a bland weapon and then she suddenly becomes super evil and then she's just all happy to die with Matt or whatever.

Man, Defenders doesn't really hold up well under scrutiny. Oh well, at least everybody treated Danny like he's was a brat. That was great.
    Why are you calling Elektra an ass-hole when she has never been any of the sort? Unlike Jones, she isn't a rude judgey bitch towards everyone she comes across. And Defenders absolutely adds more to her character, as I have already explained. It explains why she acts the way she does, what her childhood was like and what she went through. Her relationship with Stick and DD were highlighted as she slowly developed from being a trouble maker with little care in the world, to someone who doesn't know what she wants to do in life because she was kept and forced to train in isolation since she was a child, while being shipped around because the people who took care of her wanted to kill her just because she was a special somebody that the Hand could use. And she doesn't turn super evil, so you've completely blocked out a good chunk of what was in Defenders. She had enough, of both the hand and the monks, and just wanted to end it and fulfill the roles the two groups had in store for her and Danny.

Jones, was just there, and added nothing to Defenders.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Hunter x Hunter
    If Togashi killed Neon off screen Ima be pissed
    I know, right?

But Togashi probably realized the ability to make very accurate fortunes at the drop of a hat was a bit too useful.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Jessica Jones kind of reminds me of my mom in her younger days for some reason. my mom was kind of a angry lady in younger days.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.