nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I know, right?

But Togashi probably realized the ability to make very accurate fortunes at the drop of a hat was a bit too useful.
    not sure how he could've written her and her nen ability out of the story at this point.

but there could be another reason. you never know with togashi.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He's been in the Dragonball RP with us for a few months now.

You're slipping Len.
    I don't check into the RPs, like, at all. So, it's reasonable why I wouldn't notice him.

*Grows to Kaijuu size, then proceeds to shove the Neptune down Cthulhu's throat while stabbing him with the Titanic*
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I don't check into the RPs, like, at all. So, it's reasonable why I wouldn't notice him.

*Grows to Kaijuu size, then proceeds to shove the Neptune down Cthulhu's throat while stabbing him with the Titanic*
    I'm just a ghooooost.

And again, Kiryu is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

Stop feeding me, I'm full.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    I'm just a ghooooost.

And again, Kiryu is awesome.
    A cowardly healer more like.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Stop feeding me, I'm full.

A cowardly healer more like.
    Oh, perfect segue. Kiryu skin Kenshiro doing doctor things.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Yeah, if you consider being a bitch being about female empowerment, then Carol Danvers is the icon of all empowered female comicbook fans. Wonder Woman is an empowering character, Jones? Is a joke.

I already responded to a lot of what was in your reply already in my previous posts. She doesn't really treat her neighbour like shit unless he is raiding her fridge while high. And she completely lets her upstairs neighbour talk a bunch of shit to her even before her brother died, without so much of a sarcastic comeback like she does with DD. Trish isn't even a part of this since their childhood friends, I was talking about her boyfriend, and how Jones treated him.
    You're equating empowerment with social/moral correctness.

Those two things are not actually the same or really linked. Jones can be mean and still be empowering.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    You're equating empowerment with social/moral correctness.

Those two things are not actually the same or really linked. Jones can be mean and still be empowering.
    She's not the latter when she's shown to be little more than an incompetent bitch who quite literally added nothing to Defenders outside of just being there(the whole series could have proceeded almost exactly the same without her in it).
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

She's not the latter when she's shown to be little more than an incompetent bitch who quite literally added nothing to Defenders outside of just being there(the whole series could have proceeded almost exactly the same without her in it).
    Having what I understand to be is a complex, well-drawn, three dimensional female lead in a critically acclaimed Marvel Studios series is empowering to women. Her temperament doesn't really factor into it. Her role in Defenders is a team context so that changes the dynamics of her role somewhat and, I'm given to understand that Danny and Matt are more the focus of that narrative, so it's not really a huge deal that she retrieves less focus than in her own show.

Again, you seem really hung up on the fact that she's not respectful or kind or whatever. Have you considered that people might find that very aspect of her empowering?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Having what I understand to be is a complex, well-drawn, three dimensional female lead in a critically acclaimed Marvel Studios series is empowering to women. Her temperament doesn't really factor into it. Her role in Defenders is a team context so that changes the dynamics of her role somewhat and, I'm given to understand that Danny and Matt are more the focus of that narrative, so it's not really a huge deal that she retrieves less focus than in her own show.

Again, you seem really hung up on the fact that she's not respectful or kind or whatever. Have you considered that people might find that very aspect of her empowering?
    I find it highly amusing you find someone who is little more than an incompetent POS as empowering when that would not be true for a male character who acted that way(and rightfully so). There is nothing empowering about her. She's a drunk, bad at her job, and just all around ignorant. She is little different than miss piggy from the muppets. An empowering female figure would be someone like Wonder Woman, or even Powergirl. Jones is the type you don't want to be, since that would mean you just want to be an ignorant piece of garbage.

She isn't even that well written, her backstory is bland and overdone to the point of unoriginal.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member

Iron Fist and Daredevil are more central to the plot of the Defenders show because they have ties to the villains, the Hand. Luke and Jessica are there because they had to get all four Marvel Netflix leads into the show. Simple as that.

I don't see how whether Jessica adding anything beyond her general presence to The Defenders is a negative for her character. It's more of a writing thing. And if nothing else, she had great bonding moments with Matt and she saved Luke and Danny by holding up the elevator in the finale.

Sounds more like paper mache fist tho
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

I find it highly amusing you find someone who is little more than an incompetent POS as empowering when that would not be true for a male character who acted that way(and rightfully so). There is nothing empowering about her. She's a drunk, bad at her job, and just all around ignorant. She is little different than miss piggy from the muppets. An empowering female figure would be someone like Wonder Woman, or even Powergirl. Jones is the type you don't want to be, since that would mean you just want to be an ignorant piece of garbage.

She isn't even that well written, her backstory is bland and overdone to the point of unoriginal.
    Calling her incompetent when we’ve got a guy who’s got powers he supposedly trained for but catches hands from everybody around is odd

Empowerment allows for variety of character depicting, ijs. I’ll dip out of this topic cause it’s gonna get weird

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Calling her incompetent when we’ve got a guy who’s got powers he supposedly trained for but catches hands from everybody around is odd

Empowerment allows for variety of character depicting, ijs. I’ll dip out of this topic cause it’s gonna get weird
    If anybody is incompetent, it's the Strangers.
    spoilers:

By all rights, they should've had the second movie in the bag but they screwed around too much and got offed by scared teenagers.
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    If anybody is incompetent, it's the Strangers.
    spoilers:

By all rights, they should've had the second movie in the bag but they screwed around too much and got offed by scared teenagers.
    end of spoilers
    You know what? I agree. How tf they screwed that up was monumentally bad imo