The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Elektra was annoying to me. Like they were going for her to be cool and mysterious and seductive, but she always came off as self-centered and rude and completely unappealing. Doesn't help that her character has very little personal agency. She was pretty much only doing things for Stick or to "help" Matt or stuff like that.

Jessica on the other hand I'm fine with. Her being a total ******* is kinda the point, her traumatic experiences have left a deep mark on her and it causes her to lash out a lot. I thought it made her an interesting anti-hero. And I was kinda glad that she didn't recover entirely after the first season. It just not that easy to get rid of those emotional and psychological scars.
    This kind of sums it up for me. Nicely put, Dark Soul.

Mileage, it probably varies.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Is it possibly because she's a black woman being effectively Iron Man?
    Nah, it's because Bendis.

People are mostly okay with with Cho and Nadia as Hulk and Wasp respectively. Kamala is pretty damn loved. Miles* is actually even a little popular. Riri, however, was created by the latest and most degraded version of Bendis. She never had a chance.

*I mean, the current run is very bland, but Bendis actually made you care about him during his introduction which goes a long way.
    Last edited by Hazard; 03-10-2018 at 08:00 AM.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Condolences for your loss, Chou - just saw that.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Needless to say, this scared the crap out of me as a kid.

Vader is awesome though and I greatly enjoyed unlocking him in WWE 2K18.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    finally watched "black panther".

now i feel like this.

Bruhhh I felt galvanized lolol
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post

Seriously?
    Day 1: The Dusk Brigade has a conversation about consuming the villain, breaking his arms and legs and leaving him there, or just outright killing him. The villain gets so scared he reseals himself in his magical prison. Charo and Zaofan blow up a quarter of the cast.

Day 2: Chou blows up half the cast, Ishtar hurts her arm. More villains show up while everyone's still injured huge fight happens. Ishtar decides to save the Oni villain ... Ishtar ends up losing an arm.

You know I'm right Noldere.

As I understand it, Bendis has effectively made the Worst Teenager Ever, and then made her a sociopath ... then gave her the Iron Man costume. Could well be wrong- I stopped caring about comics a long time ago- but her personality is the problem more than anything to do with the color of her skin.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

race or gender got nothing to do with it. as other have said, she is just a terrible character. her whole origin is.............

when she was in kindergarden, she told her teacher what she wanted to be when she grew up and expected the white teacher to tell her that a black girl couldn't do what she wanted to do. even bringing a picture of a unnamed black woman who became a astronaut. and the teacher agreed with her. she encouraged riri to be whatever she wanted. when riri talked about how the black astronaut had overcome sexism and racism to live her dream. the teacher politely told her that those days were over. then riri just.........stood there. staring at the teacher as she goes about her day, wanting her to say anything negative about her to drive her towards her dream. the teacher, not sure what to do, just offhandedly comments "you'll never be.........tony stark".

and that sets her off. she dedicates her life to being a better tony stark than tony stark.

just........what were you smoking, bendis?

There's also the fact that Ho Yinsen's daughter Toni, the new Iron Patriot, exists in US Avengers

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

race or gender got nothing to do with it. as other have said, she is just a terrible character. her whole origin is.............

when she was in kindergarden, she told her teacher what she wanted to be when she grew up and expected the white teacher to tell her that a black girl couldn't do what she wanted to do. even bringing a picture of a unnamed black woman who became a astronaut. and the teacher agreed with her. she encouraged riri to be whatever she wanted. when riri talked about how the black astronaut had overcome sexism and racism to live her dream. the teacher politely told her that those days were over. then riri just.........stood there. staring at the teacher as she goes about her day, wanting her to say anything negative about her to drive her towards her dream. the teacher, not sure what to do, just offhandedly comments "you'll never be.........tony stark".

and that sets her off. she dedicates her life to being a better tony stark than tony stark.

Wait, is that seriously how it went?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Seems to be the case, yes.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Well he's DC's problem now

So, she's Lisa Simpson. Spectacular.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

The Scene In Question.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Are you sure that isn't a parody of the real scene? Because that's absurdly stupid.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Are you sure that isn't a parody of the real scene? Because that's absurdly stupid.
    That's the genuine scene there.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.