Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    watching DBFZ at final round. damn fools are triggered in the chat because they are playing the game with the english VAs. completely ignoring the top level gameplay and just loosing their shit because the TOs choose to play with anything other than japanese voices. smdh.
    They gotta nitpick cuz that's all they'll ever be good at.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

So.

May actually break down and buy another fighting game:

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

watching DBFZ at final round. damn fools are triggered in the chat because they are playing the game with the english VAs. completely ignoring the top level gameplay and just loosing their shit because the TOs choose to play with anything other than japanese voices. smdh.
    Strange. I thought DBZ was one of those series, like Cowboy Bebop, where it was "acceptable" to have the English dub.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Huh, after I mentioned it, it turns out someone posted the entire movie, Best of the Best, on YouTube.

...I swear I only watch it now just for James Earl Jones and Christopher Penn cause damn is this movie too late 80s.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Strange. I thought DBZ was one of those series, like Cowboy Bebop, where it was "acceptable" to have the English dub.
    those type of fans think every anime is better in Japanese, wither they can understand it or not. and most of them don't even understand why a lot of older fans prefer subs over dubs.

played DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT and didn't care for it. I pretty much did not like how it play.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

those type of fans think every anime is better in Japanese, wither they can understand it or not. and most of them don't even understand why a lot of older fans prefer subs over dubs.
    We call those weeaboos.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    We call those weeaboos.
    yep.

and these are same people giving one of the players mess because she is transgender.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Honestly, I generally prefer dubs just because it’s easier to follow without having to read subtitles at the same time.

However, some anime do sound better in Japanese I will admit.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Honestly, I generally prefer dubs just because it’s easier to follow without having to read subtitles at the same time.

However, some anime do sound better in Japanese I will admit.
    For it me, it just depends on what sounds better and what voices "fit" the characters.

So some animes I prefer dubbed, while others I watch subbed.

i personally don't care either way. as long as they are done good.

in fighting games, however, VOs mean almost nothing to me.

in fighting games I just usually stick and keep everyone in English. that's if there's a English dub. I tried arena fighting games and I just end up not liking them at all.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    For it me, it just depends on what sounds better and what voices "fit" the characters.

So some animes I prefer dubbed, while others I watch subbed.

Ghost Stories is better in English anyway.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ghost Stories is better in English anyway.
    Exactly...

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.