nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

looks like we got another mass shooting.

this time, it's at youtube HQ in cali.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    A boat that perpetually reconstitutes after being digested and "expelled". Besides, I wouldn't eat you if you didn't spout obnoxious puns with every breath you take and either cut off your head or transform it into dragon's. If you did that, this rivalry would be over and I would only need to concentrate on countering Miburo's acts of chaos and reality-bending stupidity.
    You've never actually consumed me in my entirety.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Gotham is so weird.

But it totally works.

BANNED

So I saw a thread somewhere about people complaining about modern WWE having to many titles, half the people in said thread had NJPW avatars. NJPW's roster has just over 60 wrestlers, while Main Roster WWE has just over a hundred (nearly double NJPW's roster).

NJPW has eight titles, main roster WWE has nine.

So despite WWE having a roster nearly double the size of NJPW's and only one more championship, WWE has too many belts but NJPW somehow dosn't? I like wrestling but sometimes it's fans can be idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    So I saw a thread somewhere about people complaining about modern WWE having to many titles, half the people in said thread had NJPW avatars. NJPW's roster has just over 60 wrestlers, while Main Roster WWE has just over a hundred (nearly double NJPW's roster).

NJPW has eight titles, main roster WWE has nine.

So despite WWE having a roster nearly double the size of NJPW's and only one more championship, WWE has too many belts but NJPW somehow dosn't? I like wrestling but sometimes it's fans can be idiots.
    sounds like snobs to me.

people also forget that the E's main roster has been split into two, so of course they are gonna have more titles than NJPW.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    sounds like snobs to me.

people also forget that the E's main roster has been split into two, so of course they are gonna have more titles than NJPW.
    Not to mention Attitude era WWE had 7 championships.

Dunno if it's changed in the years since I watched but back then it felt like none of the other belts really meant anything anymore outside the WWE championship belt, which was the real problem moreso than the number of them

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Dunno if it's changed in the years since I watched but back then it felt like none of the other belts really meant anything anymore outside the WWE championship belt, which was the real problem moreso than the number of them
    They have been building some prestige for the cruiserweight belt with the recent tournament (although they kind of pissed that away by putting the tournament final on Mania's preshow). The womens and Tag Team Titles have been treated fairly well over the past couple of years the. Much bigger problem is how those decisions themselves are handled, since the champions and their current challengers are the only ones in said divisions who are ever treated as important.

The IC and US belts have certainly felt unimportant though, even with the upper mid carders (and the occasional main eventer) holding them.

They have been building some prestige for the cruiserweight belt with the recent tournament (although they kind of pissed that away by putting the tournament final on Mania's preshow). The womens and Tag Team Titles have been treated fairly well over the past couple of years the. Much bigger problem is how those decisions themselves are handled, since the champions and their current challengers are the only ones in said divisions who are ever treated as important.

The IC and US belts have certainly felt unimportant though, even with the upper mid carders (and the occasional main eventer) holding them.
    the IC belt had the benefit of the miz holding it. the US belt has fell off a bit after cena and AJ's reigns.

the UT belt is the weakest since the last two guys to hold it were both part timers who were barely on the show they were champions of.

BANNED

the IC belt had the benefit of the miz holding it. the US belt has fell off a bit after cena and AJ's reigns.

the UT belt is the weakest since the last two guys to hold it were both part timers who were barely on the show they were champions of.
    I would say the US Title felt unimportant even with the main eventers holding it. It was nothing more than a barely important prop in the Roman Reigns Kevin Owens feud and suffered the same fate in the Owens Jericho feud. After that it felt more like it was closing Smackdown because AJ happened to be holding it, rather than the belt being that important.

I would say the US Title felt unimportant even with the main eventers holding it. It was nothing more than a barely important prop in the Roman Reigns Kevin Owens feud and suffered the same fate in the Owens Jericho feud. After that it felt more like it was closing Smackdown because AJ happened to be holding it, rather than the belt being that important.
    i'd say it fell off after cena's turn. the US open challenge was some of the best work that cena has done in years, making not only the belt more important but also giving the spot light for a lot of guys on the card a chance to shine. i wouldn't say it's unimportant since a lot of the US title matches in the last few months or so have been very good. just that it hasn't been as important as when cena held it.

but the CW belt has benifited a lot from the crap that was enzo's run. seriously, it was one of the worst title runs in the whole company.

The best title for me at the moment is the SD tag-title. Usos, New Day, Bludgeon Brothers, Gable & Benjamin, Rusev & English... even Breezango and Ascension.

Even if it were just those first four teams and they really let them off the chain, it could be better than the days of E&C, Dudleyz, Hardyz and APA.

Meanwhile, on the other brand, Revival and The (Balor) Club can’t even get a proper RAW Tag Title match even when they’re so desperate that they’re just crowbarring Strowman into the tag team scene.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    A boat that perpetually reconstitutes after being digested and "expelled". Besides, I wouldn't eat you if you didn't spout obnoxious puns with every breath you take and either cut off your head or transform it into dragon's. If you did that, this rivalry would be over and I would only need to concentrate on countering Miburo's acts of chaos and reality-bending stupidity.
    You leave my boat alone. He's a sweet ride.

Mighty Member

I know it's fake but I NEED THIS!!!
    Heh.

I remember the time somebody did a timeline about the Doctor Who american series running in parallel to the BBC classic series over at Alternatehistory. Was kinda fun.

To Vakanai, my most sincere condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    The best title for me at the moment is the SD tag-title. Usos, New Day, Bludgeon Brothers, Gable & Benjamin, Rusev & English... even Breezango and Ascension.

Even if it were just those first four teams and they really let them off the chain, it could be better than the days of E&C, Dudleyz, Hardyz and APA.

Meanwhile, on the other brand, Revival and The (Balor) Club can’t even get a proper RAW Tag Title match even when they’re so desperate that they’re just crowbarring Strowman into the tag team scene.
    no doubt.

and it's a shame about the tex2badd and the revival. both teams are so damn good. but i will say the bar has been a good team. a nice note for sheamus to go out on when retires in a year or two.