The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    I just watched it.

Watch it.
    Thank you, Falcon!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    God this new Overwatch pve mode is fun, this is what Blizzard needs to do more of
    Sadly, from what I read about it just now, they don't plan on making it a regular thing because 'it'll just make people demand more' (???).

The Division has the opposite problem. They marketed it as an MMORpg with a PvEvP area, and despite the freaking fantastic gameplay, it ended up being a stale, repetitive PvE experience lacking any kind of open world, and an extremely nasty PVP 'endgame' with their Dark Zone.

Don't get me wrong; I love the game, but the Dark Zone is what people politely refer to as Toxic As Hell™, and that's all that's left of the game after you finish the rather short PvE mode for the umpteenth time (outside of Last Stand/Skirmish, which are rife with cheaters and have no depth anyway).
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Thank you, Falcon!
    I don't think I've ever seen a horror movie celebrate the human spirit before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Sadly, from what I read about it just now, they don't plan on making it a regular thing because 'it'll just make people demand more' (???).

The Division has the opposite problem. They marketed it as an MMORpg with a PvEvP area, and despite the freaking fantastic gameplay, it ended up being a stale, repetitive PvE experience lacking any kind of open world, and an extremely nasty PVP 'endgame' with their Dark Zone.

Don't get me wrong; I love the game, but the Dark Zone is what people politely refer to as Toxic As Hell™, and that's all that's left of the game after you finish the rather short PvE mode for the umpteenth time (outside of Last Stand/Skirmish, which are rife with cheaters and have no depth anyway).
    Overwatch is extremely focused on PvP, which is why that mode is so polished. My love of the PvE mode stems from my adoration of the story and characters, but even the vast gameplay improvements of Retribution over the London mission still leave a mission would be laughed out of the room in an independent game if not for the already polished character mechanics.

I'm really happy to hear that about the movie. Will for-sure watch it.

As for Overwatch, Blizzard clearly knows what they want to make and are going for it with gusto. And the fact that it does so well, and people love it so much, that's telling.

For the Division, while the game is ridiculously fun, Ubisoft/Massive marketed it as an MMOrpg shooter (it's not really much of an MMO or Rpg, period), and started the game off in an unfinished fashion, with a LOT of problems and an endgame that basically took everyone who wanted to play PvE and pushed them into an area where they became targets for the ganker/griefer crowd. Two years of patches hasn't done much to improve the situation or give the PvE crowd much more to do. It's not horrible...but it's not fantastic, and the company's behavior on the matter has been rather sad.

I'm not playing Overwatch because I don't like predominantly PvP games, but I admit it's a great game from what I've seen/heard.

I'm playing the Division because what PvE parts it has are fun and it's great to play alongside my wife, but I'm doing so in spite of the general problems with the game, and have given up on the PvEvP area completely, due to my absolute disgust with the kind of griefing and ganking that goes on in it.
    Why are we here?

Wow, they actually outside their last dark episode

I already asked this over at the TV/FILM section, but I know some of y'all are anime fans too so I'll ask here. I'm thinking of watching Slayers and I would like to know about the DVD and blu-ray sets available and info on all the seasons and series and OVAs (I already checked the Wikipedia page, but it's always good to ask). Thanks for any help guys.

So how's everyone doing? I'm feeling physically better, but oh God I'm going so stir crazy!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I already asked this over at the TV/FILM section, but I know some of y'all are anime fans too so I'll ask here. I'm thinking of watching Slayers and I would like to know about the DVD and blu-ray sets available and info on all the seasons and series and OVAs (I already checked the Wikipedia page, but it's always good to ask). Thanks for any help guys.

So how's everyone doing? I'm feeling physically better, but oh God I'm going so stir crazy!
    glad you are doing better, my dude.

but i can't really say anything about slayers.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    glad you are doing better, my dude.

but i can't really say anything about slayers.
    Thanks read, how you doing?

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I only recalled buying season one of Slayers on DVD...Somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Hey Twist, how's that story coming along? You doing good?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Thanks read, how you doing?
    doing good. recording my next vid. had a wrestlemania party sunday where i bought like 75 bucks worth of pizza and wings. so can't complain.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I'm good. If I'm not at work, expect me to be working with my Pops...Or go gambling with him.