Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I refuse to accept that. Otherwise, I'd have to acknowledge my own atrocious misdeeds of wantonly harassing a possibly benign star spawn.
    Sharps bar is getting deep tonight.

BARKEEP, A BOTTLE OF YOUR BEST WINE.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    I think his ability to turn the other cheek is inspirational.

Such stoicism is what we should all aspire to. It only hurts him if he allows it to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I refuse to accept that. Otherwise, I'd have to acknowledge my own atrocious misdeeds of wantonly harassing a possibly benign star spawn.
    I barely have to lift a finger anymore; and yet Madness continues on regardless.

In all honesty, I'm just glad someone out there hates me enough to try and kill me. It is always nice to feel wanted.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Heki seems to have much better battlefield awareness than Mougou, even if he often lacks the vision to create leverage from it himself. Even when the army is under great tactical pressure, he keeps his cool and knows how to smoothly cover for weakness and reinforce strength. It makes him an excellent No. 2 to have behind any epic general.

In exchange, Heki has yet to display Mougou's overwhelming ability to spot talented subordinates and give them the means to shine.
    I'll agree with this. I hope Heki makes it through this arc. They've kind of set up the idea that he might do some kind of big sacrifice to atone for messing up so badly with the supply line so it wouldn't be surprising if it goes that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'll agree with this. I hope Heki makes it through this arc. They've kind of set up the idea that he might do some kind of big sacrifice to atone for messing up so badly with the supply line so it wouldn't be surprising if it goes that well.
    I've never ascribed to the notion that you need to keep killing characters to keep up the stakes. If there's a death to be had, let it be for a better purpose than just keeping it real.

I've never ascribed to the notion that you need to keep killing characters to keep up the stakes. If there's a death to be had, let it be for a better purpose than just keeping it real.
    Kingdom has been quite sparing with named character mortality for the most part.

I mean, the story is at least loosely based on historical events so some deaths may be unavoidable.

Regarding character death in this arc specifically; I don't think it would be to raise the stakes exactly rather that this is arguably the biggest event in the series since the coalition invasion and we had a couple of deaths during that. Qin making a play to literally end Zhao as a whole is massive and might incur deaths to achieve.

To my mind, at this juncture in the narrative, several key dudes could be fair game; Heki and Yotanwa being the most vulnerable. Both are much liked by the fanbase, both are not integral to the progression of the larger narrative of either the development of the kingdom of Qin or Shin personally and both are in a highly desperate situation wherein they could lose their lives to achieve the goal they're all working for.

Extraordinary Member

Looks like a perfectly serviceable brawler. Probably not on par with the Ninja Storm series though, but still fun hopefully.

Kingdom has been quite sparing with named character mortality for the most part.

I mean, the story is at least loosely based on historical events so some deaths may be unavoidable.

Regarding character death in this arc specifically; I don't think it would be to raise the stakes exactly rather that this is arguably the biggest event in the series since the coalition invasion and we had a couple of deaths during that. Qin making a play to literally end Zhao as a whole is massive and might incur deaths to achieve.

To my mind, at this juncture in the narrative, several key dudes could be fair game; Heki and Yotanwa being the most vulnerable. Both are much liked by the fanbase, both are not integral to the progression of the larger narrative of either the development of the kingdom of Qin or Shin personally and both are in a highly desperate situation wherein they could lose their lives to achieve the goal they're all working for.
    To better phrase my point, the stakes are /already/ massive in this arc. Second highest stakes we've literally had in terms of the scope and number of characters who are caught up in it. A death would not raise them, a death would be a result of said stakes. The characters are only ever been up against the wall this badly once before and named characters died.

In a series about war, you are going to have characters die. Ergo, it makes sense it that those deaths would be when things are this extreme.

For posterity:

Extraordinary Member

For posterity:

I'm surprised that didn't happen at least once when they were both on the Thunderbolts.

...yes, I'm aware that was Mac Gargan Venom and that Nik has drawn Eddie Brock Venom. It's basically the same.

My money is on Kanki. He's been observed by Riboku and the weakness in his strategy has apparently been exposed. He's also doing supposedly the safest job.

My money is on Kanki. He's been observed by Riboku and the weakness in his strategy has apparently been exposed. He's also doing supposedly the safest job.
    Oh nooo... Not Kanki... he's such a... core member of the team... >_>

I would be fine with Johnny War Criminal dying.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Oh nooo... Not Kanki... he's such a... core member of the team... >_>

I would be fine with Johnny War Criminal dying.
    Right, if there's anyone on Team Qin that may as well fall during this arc, may as well be Kanki. I have that feeling that he's just not needed after we knew just bout everything bout the guy.

And yeah, he probably will not be missed.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

new one piece out!

we found out how the strawhats escaped the onslaught. and now the old sun pirates prepare to make a final stand against the big mom pirates.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Right, if there's anyone on Team Qin that may as well fall during this arc, may as well be Kanki. I have that feeling that he's just not needed after we knew just bout everything bout the guy.

And yeah, he probably will not be missed.
    kanki maybe a talented general but he's just not a right fit for the future six generals of qin.