nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    The biggest complaints people leveled at Doug Walker are that he's full of himself at times, contextually insensitive and is generally incompetent when it comes to running projects. As far as I've seen nobody's tied him with any of the bigger scandals.
    pretty much. like how he often told the other guys in the crossover movies to "act like he would act", even if doing so would go against those guys would act within their own vids.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

So, the trailer for the new Street Fighter V character Falke dropped today and her Critical Art is super dull and not good.

Thus I decided to put together an alternative take on it in an animation:

Definitely starting to feel that I am getting better and more efficient at this.

The trailer for comparison, Critical Art is at 0:55:

What the Falke, that looks bad.

Not your animation, that's great.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

i'm still waiting for my boy, cody.

I'm skipping this DLC character to save in-game currency for the last 3.

the most people who have actually watch the WSO sessions of Flake and Capcom Unity's demo of her say she looks like fun as in her gameplay. this is her full critical art and from what I read on Flake her personality she won't be a flashy character who shows off rather base on her personality she would be a character whose style should be mechanical with precision. a major problem with her attacks is that there's no momentum . so her attacks don't look like they have any force behind them.

ways to fix this

1. add more windup when she strikes add wind effects and speed lines to create the illusion of momentum .

2 she pole vaults in the air at more spin to her rotation and make the she looks like she's has momentum

Major problem with her CA is that there's no momentum to. let's take Balrog for example in terms of momentum .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vpl0e5i9OM

he you can see Balrog windup up his arm getting ready for a big hit. you can see he throw his whole body to generate power. you can see as he moves forward wind effects generate around his arm this indicates that there's a lot of momentum behind his punch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFeH4I7fOhI

Balrog and Zangief's CAs aren't flashy, but they not supposed to be. the CA's are meant to demonstrate one thing and that is brute force.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    So, the trailer for the new Street Fighter V character Falke dropped today and her Critical Art is super dull and not good.

Thus I decided to put together an alternative take on it in an animation:

Definitely starting to feel that I am getting better and more efficient at this.

The trailer for comparison, Critical Art is at 0:55:

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    What the Falke, that looks bad.

Not your animation, that's great.
    What CoR said. Both. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

Well he was supposedly the deciding vote in firing Holly and was complicit in a lot of Rob and Mike's shady actions.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    the most people who have actually watch the WSO sessions of Flake and Capcom Unity's demo of her say she looks like fun as in her gameplay. this is her full critical art and from what I read on Flake her personality she won't be a flashy character who shows off rather base on her personality she would be a character whose style should be mechanical with precision. a major problem with her attacks is that there's no momentum . so her attacks don't look like they have any force behind them.

ways to fix this

1. add more windup when she strikes add wind effects and speed lines to create the illusion of momentum .

2 she pole vaults in the air at more spin to her rotation and make the she looks like she's has momentum

Major problem with her CA is that there's no momentum to. let's take Balrog for example in terms of momentum .

he you can see Balrog windup up his arm getting ready for a big hit. you can see he throw his whole body to generate power. you can see as he moves forward wind effects generate around his arm this indicates that there's a lot of momentum behind his punch.

Balrog and Zangief's CAs aren't flashy, but they not supposed to be. the CA's are meant to demonstrate one thing and that is brute force.
    It's not even that it's not flashy. It is badly animated but it's just bad from a conceptual standpoint. You have a character whose main unique trait is that she's a zoner/sniper and you have her doing a dumb variant on the "big hit up and big hit down," for her super? It's just bad design because it doesn't emphasise her core gameplay traits.

So, if you spend a worrying amount of money on a gaming monitor and it starts to flicker on and off rapidly, and frequently, turns out the monitor is fine, and this little bastard is to blame

Glad I tried replacing this first, a 20 dollar cable is a lot cheaper than a few hundred for a new monitor

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It's not even that it's not flashy. It is badly animated but it's just bad from a conceptual standpoint. You have a character whose main unique trait is that she's a zoner/sniper and you have her doing a dumb variant on the "big hit up and big hit down," for her super? It's just bad design because it doesn't emphasise her core gameplay traits.
    animation part is mostly what I was refer to since I was comparing it to Zangief and Balrog's arts. yeah Zangief and Balrog's CA's match their styles. however Flake CA wouldn't look good even if you give it to some like Cody who actually fit better. oh some poster on a fighting game forum said that Flake might have originally been design around using a rifle instead of a staff.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 04-19-2018 at 02:06 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator