Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Anybody on here play Pathfinder? I'm curious. Been eagerly soaking up every bit of info on the new edition and spending way too much time on its message board.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    even the best wrestler in the world has a weakness.

and that weakness is a punch to the balls.
    ...So Bobby Hill can actually beat AJ? Damn. 0_0

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Anybody on here play Pathfinder? I'm curious. Been eagerly soaking up every bit of info on the new edition and spending way too much time on its message board.
    Don't play it but I do collect it for ideas. A lot of good stuff in there. But, who boy, did some of the fanbase go nuclear when the new edition was launched. Of course they went nuclear back when starfinder was announced and people were calling it a stealth PF2 beta. Personally I like the idea of a new edition if for no other reason than new ways to implement old ideas. But I get some of the more reasonable part of the fanbases complaints of not looking forward to X years of redone material until they cover everything from a decade of releases. But that's how it goes with new editions.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Hey Sharp, A Quiet Place is really good. Highly recommended. Our podcast will be out over the weekend but it has big spoilers in it so I would advise seeing it first!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Hey Sharp, A Quiet Place is really good. Highly recommended. Our podcast will be out over the weekend but it has big spoilers in it so I would advise seeing it first!
    I won't be seeing it until much much later (Netflix), and I don't mind spoilers (no, seriously), so I'll check out the podcast. Must send myself an email so I remember....

Thanks, Nik!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Hey guess which series is NOT on Hiatus

Heel Shinsuke's theme is awesome. Also the fact that the in-story reason for the added words was because Shinsuke is a petty dick and doesn't want the crowd singing along with his theme.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Hey guess which series is NOT on Hiatus
    I am so legit mad about this chapter.

We are in the middle of the most goddamn important moment in the whole series, I do not give a fuck about Griffith fighting an army of giants.

I mean, it's cool and all but I want to know what is going to happen with Caska and Guts. Get back to the actual action!

Honestly as much as I hate it it IS the classic moment you do it though, like from a storytelling perspective when dealing with multiple plot lines, just sucks in a MONTHLY release series

And then again everyone thought it was going on hiatus after the last chapter, so even if it is jumping from the plot we all want to continue it's still better than nothing at all since we're essentially getting the less interesting plot that was always going to happen out of the way

I wish I'd started reading Berserk all those years ago.

Unfortunately it's not having as much of an impact as I feel it should have, the Casca and Guts affair.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Honestly as much as I hate it it IS the classic moment you do it though, like from a storytelling perspective when dealing with multiple plot lines, just sucks in a MONTHLY release series

And then again everyone thought it was going on hiatus after the last chapter, so even if it is jumping from the plot we all want to continue it's still better than nothing at all since we're essentially getting the less interesting plot that was always going to happen out of the way
    Oh, I'm well aware of the narrative convention. Doesn't make it any less frustrating though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I wish I'd started reading Berserk all those years ago.

Unfortunately it's not having as much of an impact as I feel it should have, the Casca and Guts affair.
    How much impact do you think it should have? Even without charting the plot across literal decades, this is the the highest stakes thing in the narrative because it fundamentally decides the direction of everything that's going to happen.

And it's got to stick the landing of a really good story.

I mean, if you like Berserk, this is pretty much as intense as it can be.

I mean as far as my own emotional investment into such a thing, goes. I probably should have been more specific. I mean don't get me wrong it is a huge thing, but having only just started reading Berserk within the past few months, it didn't kick my legs out from under me, so to speak.

I suppose though that's more of me expecting to have my legs kicked out from under me, over it not being an emotionally heavy thing.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean as far as my own emotional investment into such a thing, goes. I probably should have been more specific. I mean don't get me wrong it is a huge thing, but having only just started reading Berserk within the past few months, it didn't kick my legs out from under me, so to speak.

I suppose though that's more of me expecting to have my legs kicked out from under me, over it not being an emotionally heavy thing.
    That's fair. When you've lived with Caska being a largely salvageable mess/constant reminder of the life Guts can never have, his own failures and of his grudge against Griffith for like twenty years years, you get used to that status quo. And then you get hope, and then you spend eight years with Guts and company on a boat going to the potential solution and now. Now! Now we are thiiiiiiiis close to finding out how this is going to go.

And then giants.

I'm on tenterhooks me.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.