The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Warbird always felt a little pin-up-ish to me and I've never really liked domino-mask style aesthetics on superheroes all that much.
    Perhaps it's the pragmatist in me coupled with the other stuff that was under discussion, but I've never, ever liked superheroes going into battle wearing swimsuits.

As an example, while I feel Diana's costume now could use some work, it's a jump above the old one, tradition be damned. And at least has a little historical validity wrt Greek armor.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Perhaps it's the pragmatist in me coupled with the other stuff that was under discussion, but I've never, ever liked superheroes going into battle wearing swimsuits.

As an example, while I feel Diana's costume now could use some work, it's a jump above the old one, tradition be damned. And at least has a little historical validity wrt Greek armor.
    Reminds me of this article: 12 Lady Superhero Costumes Redesigned By Ladies
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I just think mohawks are cool, especially on ladies.

Storm with mohawk was always my favourite Storm design as well.

I loved the wing-hairband-with-mohawk look she had as Storm, God of Thunder that one time, even if the rest of it is a glorious mess of 90s shoulderpads.

Now I don't want to see this represented in live action because it would look really silly but I really like it as a fashion thing.
    She, should have been FemThor. Not Jane.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    ...and then I read the comments. -_-
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Kinda crappy redesigns imo.

I'm fine with Carols redesign, provided she isn't drawn like a man:

I liked Carols old costume because it wasn't only her warbird costume, but now we know it had a history of representing her time as Sentress:

Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

I see nothing wrong with the comments either, a lot of them are critical and explain why they don't like them just fine without resorting to anything juvenile. The redesigns are very bland and uninspired. Even female commentators are agreeing that they suck, so may I ask what the "-_-" is aboot?
    Last edited by Cody; 05-10-2018 at 09:36 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Well to be fair taking away the capes and physics defying bits of the comic costumes is kind of missing the point.

Also they look like they were drawn in MS Paint, so some of the "ugly" could be from that.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Well to be fair taking away the capes and physics defying bits of the comic costumes is kind of missing the point.

Also they look like they were drawn in MS Paint, so some of the "ugly" could be from that.
    Yeah, as one of the commentators pointed out:

"I don't disagree that female super heroes are overly sexualized, but these redesigns are so badly rendered. Stiff poses, anatomically incorrect (Star Fire's wrist, Power Girl's thighs), and flat. I refuse to believe that a better female comic book artist doesn't exist."
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

And to add: it isn't like great female artists don't draw female characters sexy either, I mean just check this chick out: http://loveconquersallgam.es/

So for the article to say "this is what they would look like if they were drawn by women!" as inherently sexist towards both genders as it is an unnecessary generalization if you think aboot it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    She, should have been FemThor. Not Jane.
    No. Storm fans are bad enough. This is literally the last thing we need.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I see nothing wrong with the comments either, a lot of them are critical and explain why they don't like them just fine without resorting to anything juvenile. The redesigns are very bland and uninspired. Even female commentators are agreeing that they suck, so may I ask what the "-_-" is aboot?
    The constant criticisms of the artist making the women 'ugly' being the big thing (the point was the costumes), stuff like "that make it look like women should be ashamed of their bodies" (where does it do that?), along with the personal attacks like "12 Lady Superhero Costumes Redesigned By a insecure Lady. Fixed the title."

I'm fine with stuff like this: "Ugly and not at all imaginative. More like the Amish League. Make them even more realistic and take away the impossible powers. Now we're left with...the author, I guess." because the person is expressing their displeasure with the COSTUME and leaving out the personal shots to boot.

But hey, you're fine being fine with the comments. I'm expressing my opinion on them.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    No. Storm fans are bad enough. This is literally the last thing we need.
    Lol, why do you say that? What are Storm fans like?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

The constant criticisms of the artist making the women 'ugly' being the big thing (the point was the costumes), stuff like "that make it look like women should be ashamed of their bodies" (where does it do that?), along with the personal attacks like "12 Lady Superhero Costumes Redesigned By a insecure Lady. Fixed the title."

I'm fine with stuff like this: "Ugly and not at all imaginative. More like the Amish League. Make them even more realistic and take away the impossible powers. Now we're left with...the author, I guess." because the person is expressing their displeasure with the COSTUME and leaving out the personal shots to boot.

But hey, you're fine being fine with the comments. I'm expressing my opinion on them.
    That's fine, and yes some of the comments are bad, I won't deny it. But most seem to be pointing out that, other than being bad, they aren't very anatomically correct either.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

That's fine, and yes some of the comments are bad, I won't deny it. But most seem to be pointing out that, other than being bad, they aren't very anatomically correct either.
    I fail to see your point.

Your question was "so may I ask what the "-_-" is aboot?" I'm not sure about the aboot thing either -- was that a spelling error on your part? But anyway, there was my answer. Was there something else?
    Why are we here?

I fail to see your point.

Your question was "so may I ask what the "-_-" is aboot?" I'm not sure about the aboot thing either -- was that a spelling error on your part? But anyway, there was my answer. Was there something else?
    Aboot? You call yourself Canadian and don't even know our language? Disgraceful!
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral