Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It's like this, I thought Rick and Morty was fine, the second season was pretty strong. Season three was both a significant dip in quality but also when the show really hit the mainstream which meant you got fans being tools all over the place.

So, when it didn't initially get renewed, I was like "Yeah, I'm fine with this not coming back," that's what I mean by "root against,"

I'm not in the habit of telling people not to watch or shitting on it publicly or anything, I'm just not inclined to view it favourably for it.
    Pickle Rick was a really fun episode that was immediately ruined by fandom meme sperging.

Mighty Member

It's like this, I thought Rick and Morty was fine, the second season was pretty strong. Season three was both a significant dip in quality but also when the show really hit the mainstream which meant you got fans being tools all over the place.

So, when it didn't initially get renewed, I was like "Yeah, I'm fine with this not coming back," that's what I mean by "root against,"

I'm not in the habit of telling people not to watch or shitting on it publicly or anything, I'm just not inclined to view it favourably for it.
    Could people not say the same against Brooklyn 9-9? I'am sure somewhere you could find people who said it dropped in "quality" and that fans of the show they've met are tools about it. Does that mean Brooklyn 9-9 deserved to be cancelled to shut those fans up and spare the rest of us it's declining "quality"?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Could people not say the same against Brooklyn 9-9? I'am sure somewhere you could find people who said it dropped in "quality" and that fans of the show they've met are tools about it. Does that mean Brooklyn 9-9 deserved to be cancelled to shut those fans up and spare the rest of us it's declining "quality"?
    Probably? I'm not sure what your point is? We're all allowed to like different things. I don't get why me not really liking a show that much is bothering you.

As I said, I'm not unhappy it's been renewed, I'm very concerned that its being given a deal for 70 episodes based on how Harmon as showrunner tends to get a little erratic with longer running things and the sustainability of the plot model that we've seen thus far. I'd rather they get another season of 12 - 15 episodes so it focuses them a bit more.

I mean, for my money, Brooklyn Nine Nine didn't really drop in quality for the most part. The cast and writing staff kept developing the show in terms of complexity, choice of subjects and in scope of storytelling. The consistency was really impressive.

I'm sure other folks didn't like it and they're allowed to think that and say that but I'm still sad to see it get cancelled.

Giving your phrasing, I take it you enjoyed season 3 of Rick and Morty?

Quote Originally Posted by Duskman View Post
    Pickle Rick was a really fun episode that was immediately ruined by fandom meme sperging.
    I'd appreciate if you didn't use the term "sperging," it's a pretty offensive term.

Might also be against board roles maybe?

I'd appreciate if you didn't use the term "sperging," it's a pretty offensive term.

Might also be against board roles maybe?
    I hadn’t even heard of the term, but having now looked it up...? Yeah, not so cool.

Mighty Member

Probably? I'm not sure what your point is? We're all allowed to like different things. I don't get why me not really liking a show that much is bothering you.

As I said, I'm not unhappy it's been renewed, I'm very concerned that its being given a deal for 70 episodes based on how Harmon as showrunner tends to get a little erratic with longer running things and the sustainability of the plot model that we've seen thus far. I'd rather they get another season of 12 - 15 episodes so it focuses them a bit more.

I mean, for my money, Brooklyn Nine Nine didn't really drop in quality for the most part. The cast and writing staff kept developing the show in terms of complexity, choice of subjects and in scope of storytelling. The consistency was really impressive.

I'm sure other folks didn't like it and they're allowed to think that and say that but I'm still sad to see it get cancelled.

Giving your phrasing, I take it you enjoyed season 3 of Rick and Morty?
    My point is to get you to empathize with the people who like the show and wanted it renewed by showing that the sins you feel it committed can apply to anything, including things you like. But that doesn't mean those things should be discontinued just because someone doesn't like them.

As to liking season 3, I've enjoyed all of Rick and Morty, even bushworld adventures(although that is better as a one off). Season 3 wasn't an outliner one way or the other.

My point is to get you to empathize with the people who like the show and wanted it renewed by showing that the sins you feel it committed can apply to anything, including things you like. But that doesn't mean those things should be discontinued just because someone doesn't like them.
    How do I need to empathise?

I didn't hope it got cancelled nor say that it should, the show /got/ cancelled and my sum total reaction was like "Yeah, this is okay," because I didn't like the most recent season.

I get that people do like it, it's a very popular show. That doesn't mean I have to say that I think it's good or that I liked it. Remember, my main complaints in this thread have been "70 episodes is too much content to commission from a show like Rick and Morty because it benefits from being focused into a tighter seasons," and "I don't like the general fanbase for the show," and "I didn't like season three,"

I don't see how those are particularly controversial views or anything that really attack the show.

I didn't hope it got cancelled nor say that it should, the show /got/ cancelled and my sum total reaction was like "Yeah, this is okay," because I didn't like the most recent season.

I get that people do like it, it's a very popular show. That doesn't mean I have to say that I think it's good or that I liked it. Remember, my main complaints in this thread have been "70 episodes is too much content to commission from a show like Rick and Morty because it benefits from being focused into a tighter seasons," and "I don't like the general fanbase for the show," and "I didn't like season three,"

I don't see how those are particularly controversial views or anything that really attack the show.
    They're most definitely those things Nik. How dare you have an opinion. It's like you're a people with thoughts and things, or something...
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Mighty Member

You don't /need/ to do anything. But that didn't stop me from being hopeful. But I am done with this conversation, it's my birthday and I don't want to spend it arguing with you about R&M.

Good day Nik.

You don't /need/ to do anything. But that didn't stop me from being hopeful. But I am done with this conversation, it's my birthday and I don't want to spend it arguing with you about R&M.

Good day Nik.
    Honestly not sure what you're even arguing about...

Anyhow, didn't know it was your birthday, hope you have a lovely day.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    They're most definitely those things Nik. How dare you have an opinion. It's like you're a people with thoughts and things, or something...
    *sigh* Wanting things that aren't harming you removed just because you don't like it is a bit different from just having an opinion. I don't like where Supernatural has went in later seasons, but fans who enjoy it shouldn't be screwed because I don't like it. Nor would I go about rubbing it in if it did get cancelled. I didn't think /that/ was a controversial opinion.

*sigh* Wanting things that aren't harming you removed just because you don't like it is a bit different from just having an opinion. I don't like where Supernatural has went in later seasons, but fans who enjoy it shouldn't be screwed because I don't like it. Nor would I go about rubbing it in if it did get cancelled. I didn't think /that/ was a controversial opinion.
    Look man, I feel like this is a bit of a sensitive topic and some wires been crosse din communication. Let’s move on and enjoy your Birthday okay?
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Look man, I feel like this is a bit of a sensitive topic and some wires been crosse din communication. Let’s move on and enjoy your Birthday okay?
    The mistake was mine in this case. I thought I learned my lesson in 2012. But still I fell off the wagon...

Who has done that ?

So far all that's been expressed is that "it won't be missed" and that the "fans assist in my lack of enjoyment". Like, you're arguing against a thing no one has said but you.

Why are you even arguing with people on your birthday, besides.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

To be fair, unless I missed a post where someone mentioned R&M was getting new episodes, Nik's comment (which follows) really strongly implies it, said on its own or in contrast with the start of the post:

Really very sad to hear that Brooklyn Nine-Nine is cancelled.

That show was super solid.

Also, I don't think 70 episodes of Rick and Morty is a good idea. The last season was mostly bland to actively bad with about two decent episodes in the whole run. I don't think giving them this much rope is a good idea.

Also, the fans. Jesus, the fans make me actively root against the show.
    This signature intentionally left blank.