Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    I'll do you one better:

Yeah, that seems about right.

So, I remain conflicted about Tsugumomo as a series.

The art is fantastic, the choreography is really cool and the world is pretty interesting in terms of how it's plays around with some tropes of shonen.

Unfortunately, it's also an ecchi series wherein the like... 14 year old protagonist powers up his ever increasing harem of pre-teen waifus by naked massages and finger-banging.

It really kind of suckered me on because I happened to click on a more recent chapter in the middle of a combat sequence because the cover looked interesting and thought it was good. Then I went back and began reading from the beginning and... yeah, lots of weird softcore stuff with a mostly underage cast.

Japan, why do you do this?

On the other end of the spectrum, Gigant continues Oku's exploration of the theme of "All people are cruel and unkind to one another in a thousand tiny largely pointless ways that our entire species is likely doomed," that he touched on in Gantz and, to a lesser extent, Inuyashiki. This time there's more surrealism.

In this most recent chapter, the climax is that our protagonist literally has a tantrum in a restaurant until the girl he is meeting with agrees to date him out of sheer awkwardness.

It's like... a horrendous cringe but it's quite engaging. Like a car crash in slow motion.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Just a reminder folks, got an RPG thread if you interested in mecha, Kaiju demons, space exploration and themes of sacrifice
    Pilot: "I don't know. The offer sounds great, but the dearth of detail is... disquieting."

T1XTN: "THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL COMMITMENT"
    This signature intentionally left blank.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Just a reminder folks, got an RPG thread if you interested in mecha, Kaiju demons, space exploration and themes of sacrifice
    I'll have a look. For fun. Can't promise anything...a lot will depend on the system.

Edit: I see speed, speed, and speed.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-15-2018 at 05:44 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Sounds interesting, but I can only, barely, handle 1 RPG at a time. Good luck with it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Pilot: "I don't know. The offer sounds great, but the dearth of detail is... disquieting."

T1XTN: "THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL COMMITMENT"
    Id day ask questions but it is what it is, noted. I don’t wanna give anything away

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'll have a look. For fun. Can't promise anything...a lot will depend on the system.

Dont worry, I have an idea for that

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Sounds interesting, but I can only, barely, handle 1 RPG at a time. Good luck with it.
    Understandable
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Oh hell no.

Goku is such an idiot he'd probably mess things up involuntarily xD

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

If I correctly recall, you have quite a few unstandable issues with speed being a stat in a role playing game system- probably even more issues than I have with Intelligence being a stat in such systems.

...and now I'm getting flashbacks of a certain other game.

Id day ask questions but it is what it is, noted. I don’t wanna give anything away
    I'll have to get back to this.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

What's the idea?

If I correctly recall, you have quite a few unstandable issues with speed being a stat in a role playing game system- probably even more issues than I have with Intelligence being a stat in such systems.
    Yesss...I find it a huge issue. I have yet to see it done perfectly, save in the systems that say 'Screw Speed, we're not bothering/rolling it up in some other stat'.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Kingdom remains really strong.

A lot of tension here.

What's the idea?

Yesss...I find it a huge issue. I have yet to see it done perfectly, save in the systems that say 'Screw Speed, we're not bothering/rolling it up in some other stat'.
    The idea was the way Nemesis Tech works is that while you may want to specialize, you’ll need to balance or at least lever yourself. Tying speed to other stats because if people just dump into speed then they’ll tear themselves apart first time they thrust in battle is the idea. Like anchor stats

If you get High in speed need to tie it to two stats, the points increase as more are added.

...and now I'm getting flashbacks of a certain other game.

I'll have to get back to this.
    Idk the other game you’re thinking of honestly, and I’ll be waiting

The idea was the way Nemesis Tech works is that while you may want to specialize, you’ll need to balance or at least lever yourself. Tying speed to other stats because if people just dump into speed then they’ll tear themselves apart first time they thrust in battle is the idea. Like anchor stats

If you get High in speed need to tie it to two stats, the points increase as more are added.
    That's a good start, but if blitzing is possible as noted then the problem I have with speed (well, one of them) still exists.

The second people become capable of blitzing other people, we get into the idea that one character can do all kinds of things when another character cannot. Or render their skill impotent due to speed (which is blitzing). That's a problem.
    Why are we here?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Kingdom remains really strong.

A lot of tension here.
    just like ouki's lips.