Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...Years later and I still find Zetton, despite his occasional worfing, to be one hell of a badass.

Especially for actually blocking the dreaded uppercut.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

...Years later and I still find Zetton, despite his occasional worfing, to be one hell of a badass.

Especially for actually blocking the dreaded uppercut.
    the outsider legend continued with zetton

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the outsider legend continued with zetton
    Ho yes. Still recalling the side story where he demands one of the guys harassing Tesshou's sister to call himself out...Then superkicks the *******.

...And then that moment he destroyed Butcher with one punch to the face.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Idk the other game you’re thinking of honestly, and I’ll be waiting
    The other game in question is Starlancer. Also, while I'm still at work (and can't answer in full), this:

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    The idea was the way Nemesis Tech works is that while you may want to specialize, you’ll need to balance or at least lever yourself. Tying speed to other stats because if people just dump into speed then they’ll tear themselves apart first time they thrust in battle is the idea. Like anchor stats

If you get High in speed need to tie it to two stats, the points increase as more are added.
    is an example of something that should already be posted as part of the character creation post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    That's a good start, but if blitzing is possible as noted then the problem I have with speed (well, one of them) still exists.

The second people become capable of blitzing other people, we get into the idea that one character can do all kinds of things when another character cannot. Or render their skill impotent due to speed (which is blitzing). That's a problem.
    Indeed.

A single stat (or small subset of stats) that can render the others completely (or even just mostly) irrelevant is a major problem.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm all for removing 'speed' from the equation as a combat modifier, myself, or rolling it up into other stats like 'Attack stat'.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I'm all for removing 'speed' from the equation as a combat modifier, myself, or rolling it up into other stats like 'Attack stat'.
    I try to make characters that trade speed for esoterics ... esoterecism(?), or create characters who at the least, if they possess a speed advantage, don't really rely on it given the negatives.

Also I enjoy making my characters suffer to one extent or the other. Suffering builds character. Or kills them!

Win/win.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I try to make characters that trade speed for esoterics ... esoterecism(?), or create characters who at the least, if they possess a speed advantage, don't really rely on it given the negatives.
    I'm cool with that, but wish it wouldn't be in games period. It's a killer for me.

Also I enjoy making my characters suffer to one extent or the other. Suffering builds character.
    No disagreement, there.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I'm cool with that, but wish it wouldn't be in games period. It's a killer for me.
    True, it can be a bother. Especially if it can't be ignored.

No disagreement, there.
    I'm sure there's a limit, and I think that limit was reached recently in Cleric's RP ... but eh. I'm enjoying the attempt of creating a complex character. For the most part since I've stared RPing they've all been fairly linear.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Alright Len you can go ahead and post the same link and be late again
    Last edited by Hiromi; 05-15-2018 at 12:33 PM.

That's a good start, but if blitzing is possible as noted then the problem I have with speed (well, one of them) still exists.

The second people become capable of blitzing other people, we get into the idea that one character can do all kinds of things when another character cannot. Or render their skill impotent due to speed (which is blitzing). That's a problem.
    This sounds like a good idea, probably modify it into just one big attack stat, or if it gets shelved just so that for a repost
    Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    The other game in question is Starlancer. Also, while I'm still at work (and can't answer in full), this:

is an example of something that should already be posted as part of the character creation post.

Indeed.

A single stat (or small subset of stats) that can render the others completely (or even just mostly) irrelevant is a major problem.
    An attack stat would be good to add then, though should I just wait or?
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I tend to prefer using Athletics over Speed, or using Speed as a general movement ability. It can account for raw speed, in terms of movement across the field a few more spaces, or performing a special quick draw move (which should require a dice roll), but more to the point accounts for traversing terrain obstacles, dodging, or recovering from falling in a trap, as opposed to worrying about speedblitz shenanigans.

not only does my new favorite series, golden kamui, have a anime. it has a dub too.

I wonder how many generations of my grandkids it will take for the next episode of DBZA to air.

Arx Inosaan

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.