Thank you, life. Your timing is, as always, impeccable.

I mean it was going to happen eventually, but while I’m smack in the middle of the whole redundancy thing and whatnot, I’ve just been told my Dad’s being taken into mental care today for a period of 28 days for assessment of his dementia with a view to what they do with him now. He will not go quietly, I can almost guarantee. And I know technically it’s only assessment, but if you take someone with severe dementia away from his home and take away his control for four whole weeks, realistically he’s never coming back out.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

I mean it was going to happen eventually, but while I’m smack in the middle of the whole redundancy thing and whatnot, I’ve just been told my Dad’s being taken into mental care today for a period of 28 days for assessment of his dementia with a view to what they do with him now. He will not go quietly, I can almost guarantee. And I know technically it’s only assessment, but if you take someone with severe dementia away from his home and take away his control for four whole weeks, realistically he’s never coming back out.

That sucks, man.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Sad to hear of the rough times for Beadle and Sub.

SUCks your family has to go through that and you do too Beadle
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Sorry about what you're going through right now Sub and Beadle. We're always here for y'all if you need us.

wow that is rough I'm sorry you two have to go through such trouble times right now Sub and Beadle.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Just found out that a close friend of my family's is on her last legs with cancer

Dam guys. I'm so sorry to hear you're going through that. We're here for you if you need us.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Man, sorry to hear that Beadle. Life just sucks so much for no reason nowadays
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

So sorry to hear of that Beadle.

Thanks everyone. Yeah, it’s horrible. I’ll travel down to see my Mum tomorrow and then probably go and visit Dad on Sunday morning.

It’s not going to be pretty.

The big villain everybody.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Thanks everyone. Yeah, it’s horrible. I’ll travel down to see my Mum tomorrow and then probably go and visit Dad on Sunday morning.

It’s not going to be pretty.
    Wishing you the best Beadle. We're here if you ever need to talk.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Cartoon Network bringing back ThunderCats for new animated series
    http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/18/cartoon-...imated-series/
    Weeeell, at least they're up front about it sucking.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

I feel for you and your family, though I'm not used to the idea of someone going away fro 28 days for an assessment. Then again, I really didn't have much help with my mother, at least not until her final year or two. Her assessment was a single visit to a doctor who said, yep she has dementia, and that was only after her condition started to deteriorate.

However every situation is different. You have my prayers and my sympathy.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Cartoon Network bringing back ThunderCats for new animated series
    http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/18/cartoon-...imated-series/
    Weeeell, at least they're up front about it sucking.
    ...Huh. I was just wondering last night if ThunderCats could be revived for a new season on Netflix much like Young Justice was renewed for continuation, and now this happens.

I'm scared. I think Cthulhu's screwing with my mind again by bringing my expectations into reality.

Shame that it's receiving the GO! treatment, which I'm sure has do be a calculated execution of dickery on Miburo's end. -_-*
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 05-18-2018 at 05:16 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!