Page 151 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 511011411471481491501511521531541551612012516511151 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 23324

Finally finished watching Jessica Jones.

I liked it.

I will also be forever sad the adventures of Long Suffering Babysitter Jessica Jones and Sociopathic Hero Killgrave will never be a thing. Seriously, that's comedy gold.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

[rumbler]... Is he keeping a helicopter from flying away at 1:57 Oo'? Also, him and the Winter Soldier beating the living sh*t out of Tony?... Yeah, I am going to need some context on that last one.[/rumbler]

Those aside, definitely a damn good trailer, Spring 2016 is going to be good between that and Batman V Superman!

Tony's "So was I." response looks like they're actually going to make this Civil War seem like a balanced, intriguing conflict of philosophies rather than just "Tony Stark is Iron Nazi" which is kinda how they ended up portraying it in the comics.

Extraordinary Member

It also seems like the conflict will start because of something Bucky did, or at least his involvement will escalate things, which helps create plenty of gray zones for both sides.

I've got a good feeling about this one. If it lives up to the hype in the trailer then the Captain America movies will be the best MCU trilogy by far.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Tony's "So was I." response looks like they're actually going to make this Civil War seem like a balanced, intriguing conflict of philosophies rather than just "Tony Stark is Iron Nazi" which is kinda how they ended up portraying it in the comics.
    Hell, even Ultimate Alliance 2 balanced things out more than the comics. And had a better ending, too. : P

It's a little odd seeing Tony talking about how "we need limitations or we're no better than the bad guys" when he's the mad scientist often doing shit on his own whim. Then again, maybe the Ultron event really got to him. It's interesting seeing how he develops as he integrates further into the Marvel Universe.

Definitely been looking forward to Civil War, though. The Cap movies have been the best of the lot in my opinion, and while this is more an Avengers movie, Cap is still the central character, it seems.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Then suddenly switching it at the end to 'But Tony was right!' with Cap being first dogpiled by a bunch of normal people, then harangued by an idiot reporter about Myspace and Nascar?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Then suddenly switching it at the end to 'But Tony was right!' with Cap being first dogpiled by a bunch of normal people, then harangued by an idiot reporter about Myspace and Nascar?
    And it all started because Nitro, a guy who got beat up for info by Daredevil, could suddenly explode with enough force to kill 600+ people. An upgrade absolutely nobody knew about, and his actions being blamed on the heroes. Also, Iron Man and Mr. Fantastic, two of the world's foremost "registration is bad" heroes, suddenly decide "registration is great".

But that's nothing compared to the hypocrisy they show in "One Moment In Time" when, after Peter's publicly outing himself goes as well as you would expect, they proceed to team up with Dr. Strange to use techno-magic nonsense to make everyone forget he's Spider-Man, hiding his identity from the world. Which they were against and THE ENTIRE REASON THEY FOUGHT CAPTAIN AMERICA IN CIVIL WAR!
    Last edited by The Dog; 11-25-2015 at 12:04 PM.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Honestly, they were both wrong. Tony was just the crazier of the two.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    How do you think the civil war should have ended? Are you for or against that "Super Hero Registration act" that they were fighting over?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

As usual, there was a good precedent for either side, but it was corrupted immediately by politics and power grabs and manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    How do you think the civil war should have ended? Are you for or against that "Super Hero Registration act" that they were fighting over?
    I was, and still am, Thor.

He came back from the dead near the end of Civil War, and he pretty much told each side to go screw themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    As usual, there was a good precedent for either side, but it was corrupted immediately by politics and power grabs and manipulation.
    Mm, not really. Cap completely refused to even entertain the idea. Then beat the shit out of the Punisher for saving Peter's life. I know he was anti-registration, but he was pretty much a reverse-Nazi.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

My favourite part of Civil War was MightyGodKing's version of it, that's how bad I found the whole thing.

I especially enjoyed his take on the whole 'We will now explain to Dr. Strange that he must register or face charges.' Yeaaaaah, that'll fly.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Mm, not really. Cap completely refused to even entertain the idea. Then beat the shit out of the Punisher for saving Peter's life. I know he was anti-registration, but he was pretty much a reverse-Nazi.
    I meant the ideas presented, not the characters themselves or their responses. Iron Man and Cap had a point. Both went full retard almost immediately so there could be DRAMA!

My favourite part of Civil War was MightyGodKing's version of it, that's how bad I found the whole thing.

I especially enjoyed his take on the whole 'We will now explain to Dr. Strange that he must register or face charges.' Yeaaaaah, that'll fly.
    He went and meditated on the Moon, as I recall.

I meant the ideas presented, not the characters themselves or their responses. Iron Man and Cap had a point. Both went full retard almost immediately so there could be DRAMA!
    So. Many. People written out of character.

...although Hercules was awesome. :)

]He went and meditated on the Moon, as I recall.
    Antarctica.

The Watcher showed up (probably why you're thinking 'Moon') and said 'Dude, you could stop this.' Strange replied with 'Seriously, this kind of crap isn't my business. They're going to have to sort it out.' And Uatu said 'Okee-Dokee.' And that was that.

Best characterization in a series full of terrible characterization.

Edit: Except Hercules. Still awesome.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-25-2015 at 12:58 PM.
    Why are we here?

Yep. Thor's was the same way. Tony shows up to try to .. heh, "force" him to comply. Thor rather pissed about Tony using his DNA to create a clonebot that murdered Goliath, shreds his armor in two-ish hits, and tells him to walk back to New York, from New Orleans. Then he flies away.

Eh, the ideas presented were "we need to do something about the collateral caused during super struggles, so let's make everyone register so they can be held accountable".

Captain America's response ? I DON'T WANT THAT BECAUSE AMERICAN FREEDOM.

End of the day, was Cap really right ?

Arx Inosaan