Page 1518 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 51810181418146815081514151515161517151815191520152115221528 ... LastLast
Results 22,756 to 22,770 of 23324
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    You had nothing to do with Broly and we both know it. Taking a character who was a mix of the Hulk and Doomsday and giving him a new origin, personality(possibly) and a more coherent motivation to be a sadistic ******* is too tame for you. Dragon Ball Heroes seems more like the type of chaotic madness that I would expect of you.

And yes, all fandoms are horrible. All of them. And no, there are no exceptions, so shut up Can we please move on to more pleasant topics that don't encourage me to become a raging misanthrope?
    would it help if i said i found my cover artist and i'm one step closer to publishing my novel?

BANNED

Well if you want a change of topic, I guess there is how much Dreamworks' bare bones marketing for their Netflix shows annoys me.

Now, can we please move on to more pleasant topics that don't encourage me to become a raging misanthrope?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

A preview from the people behind SAO Abridged.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    I think Star Wars fans are probably the most prominent example. I mean sure the prequels sucked. But the ten year long tantrum they threw over them, was ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Yeah, I think the one that takes the trophy home is Star Wars and the prequels. Like holy **** I remember shirts saying "Lucas ruined my life!", and the relentless criticism of the poor kid who played Anakin and the guy who played Jar Jar Binks was as disgusting as it was disturbing. Yeah, the first two movies of the prequels sucked, but to take it so personally? Jesus.
    I mean, I like the Plinket Reviews as much as the next guy, but the whole "George Lucas Raped My Childhood" phenomenon? I mean, Jesus, guys, Star Wars was a perfectly adequate movie, but it's not a damn gospel for a new religion.

Okay, I mean, I know Jedi is officially a religion somewhere, but you understand it was part of a commercial product first and foremost.

The word "fan" does come from "fanatic". Stories are my one true passion in life, and there have been stories that have ticked me off, and creators I think do a bad job, but I have never been so obsessed with fiction as to feel personally insulted and vindictive over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I mean, I like the Plinket Reviews as much as the next guy, but the whole "George Lucas Raped My Childhood" phenomenon? I mean, Jesus, guys, Star Wars was a perfectly adequate movie, but it's not a damn gospel for a new religion.

Okay, I mean, I know Jedi is officially a religion somewhere, but you understand it was part of a commercial product first and foremost.

The word "fan" does come from "fanatic". Stories are my one true passion in life, and there have been stories that have ticked me off, and creators I think do a bad job, but I have never been so obsessed with fiction as to feel personally insulted and vindictive over them.
    you think that's bad? you should see the cult in russia dedicated to gadget from "rescue rangers".

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    No, burning up in a childish fit is not a "more power to them" thing, ironic or otherwise. It's just a fire hazard caused for a dumb reason.
    Butt what if it's the Day After Tomorrow, and you're stuck in a Barnes and Noble to wait out the super-blizzard, and you need to burn books to stay alive, and you already threw all of [insert least favorite politician]'s biographies in the fire?

:P

Like, send that collection to recycling or sell it on ebay something.
    I'm not gunna lie, I have thrown stuff in the trash before I felt it was unworthy of human eyes and I felt robbed of my dollars. But I was more just really irritated that I wasted my time on drivel. I guess if burning it is cathartic, sure, just, I dunno, don't treat it like you're burning someone else's holy book to avenge your injured soul or something.

It's totally true.

The "wilder" NaruSaku got real desperate in the months after the series ended.
    Boy, when it comes to fandom shenanigans, nothing awakens my Tremendous Mild Irritation like Shipping Wars. :P

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    you think that's bad? you should see the cult in russia dedicated to gadget from "rescue rangers".
    Huh.

Well, I mean, really, what's not to like?

Last edited by Sharkerbob; 07-13-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Mount Lady is my new favorite hero for combining my giantess fetish with my love of booty. Just yay!

You had nothing to do with Broly and we both know it. Taking a character who was a mix of the Hulk and Doomsday and giving him a new origin, personality(possibly) and a more coherent motivation to be a sadistic ******* is too tame for you. Dragon Ball Heroes seems more like the type of chaotic madness that I would expect of you.

And yes, fandoms are horrible. All of them. And no, there are no exceptions, so shut up. Now, can we please move on to more pleasant topics that don't encourage me to become a raging misanthrope?
    You're not a misanthrope? Why not? Hasn't humanity done enough to warrant your hate yet?

Huh, I meant that as a joke but half way through typing it I started wondering why the hell I'm not a misanthrope. Somebody rekindle my general neutrality towards humanity?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Mount Lady is my new favorite hero for combining my giantess fetish with my love of booty. Just yay!

You're not a misanthrope? Why not? Hasn't humanity done enough to warrant your hate yet?

Huh, I meant that as a joke but half way through typing it I started wondering why the hell I'm not a misanthrope. Somebody rekindle my general neutrality towards humanity?
    nothing wrong with loving booty. booty is beautiful. hence i call my lady "sweet ass".

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    nothing wrong with loving booty. booty is beautiful. hence i call my lady "sweet ass".
    Just yesterday I discovered another perfect booty online. Say what you will about the ills of our internet culture, but there's never been a better era for the connoisseur of fine booty.

Butts are funny. They're where farts come from.

Extraordinary Member

Butt what if it's the Day After Tomorrow, and you're stuck in a Barnes and Noble to wait out the super-blizzard, and you need to burn books to stay alive, and you already threw all of [insert least favorite politician]'s biographies in the fire?

I mean, that's a rather extreme scenario so most rules and matters of common sense are gonna be shifted a tad.
    I'm not gunna lie, I have thrown stuff in the trash before I felt it was unworthy of human eyes and I felt robbed of my dollars. But I was more just really irritated that I wasted my time on drivel. I guess if burning it is cathartic, sure, just, I dunno, don't treat it like you're burning someone else's holy book to avenge your injured soul or something.
    Burn away if you want to, as long as you take safety precautions and stuff. I think that the person that burned her Bleach collection just threw it all into their bathroom and lit it on fire or something along those lines.
    Boy, when it comes to fandom shenanigans, nothing awakens my Tremendous Mild Irritation like Shipping Wars. :P
    They are the most ridiculous things about any fandom really.

Butts are funny. They're where farts come from.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator