Page 1553 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 55310531453150315431549155015511552155315541555 LastLast
Results 23,281 to 23,295 of 23324
    Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Well, heard of it but finally decided to take a small look at it. Watched the trailer of Weekend at Bernie's.

...What the hell did I just watch?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    yeah. feels weird not having a marvel game on the main stage but i'm too invested in the DBFZ scene to not watch it this year.
    Oh, I'm not boycotting or anything. I tried to make the transition from Marvel but DBZF has just never really held my attention as a game. The storylines in the scene have been fun, SonicFox vs GO1, Hookganggod winning Summit - Sajam did an excellent breakdown of the Japanese squads coming over to really rock the USA's **** on Ultrachen night before last so it's all good stuff.

But the game itself just doesn't enthral me when I watch it. Movement is too homogenised, matches take too long and all the characters feel a bit too similar to me. Maybe when Ginyu is recognised as top tier I'll find it more watchable.

I do hope DBFZ does well though. 2,500 entrants on a first year is really good!

I'll take my MvCi Top 4 and I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Well, heard of it but finally decided to take a small look at it. Watched the trailer of Weekend at Bernie's.

...What the hell did I just watch?
    The guy dies and they play it off like he's still alive ? It's also implied a woman has sex with the corpse.

It's a gem from another decade.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    There is no way he isn't aware of it given how obvious it is that he was lying to Deku back then.
    Yeah, Toshinori knows that there's something more to Izuku's vision than what he was letting on. But I think the implication here, based on the first weilder's comments, is that One For All has evolved. So whatever Toshinori knows about this phenomenon is just a piece of the puzzle.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    [B]Also, did One For All just heal Izuku's damaged hand while doing minor damage to his room?
    Not sure. There have been some implications that Eri unintentionally healed Izuku's hand, or at least that her using her powers on him affected him in ways we don't know about.

Maybe she kickstarted whatever this whole thing is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    And is it me, or did one of the previous wielder's of One For All look like a hornless Hellboy?
    It's not just you. That guy totally looks like Hellboy without the demon bits. Since Horikoshi is a big western comic fan I wouldn't be surprised if it's intentional.

I wonder what's up with the two weilders that are in shadows.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The guy dies and they play it off like he's still alive ? It's also implied a woman has sex with the corpse.

It's a gem from another decade.
    Yeah, seen Regular Show of all things parodied this.

...But I've seen weirder things....Really weird things.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Oh, I'm not boycotting or anything. I tried to make the transition from Marvel but DBZF has just never really held my attention as a game. The storylines in the scene have been fun, SonicFox vs GO1, Hookganggod winning Summit - Sajam did an excellent breakdown of the Japanese squads coming over to really rock the USA's **** on Ultrachen night before last so it's all good stuff.

But the game itself just doesn't enthral me when I watch it. Movement is too homogenised, matches take too long and all the characters feel a bit too similar to me. Maybe when Ginyu is recognised as top tier I'll find it more watchable.

I do hope DBFZ does well though. 2,500 entrants on a first year is really good!

I'll take my MvCi Top 4 and I'll be happy.
    it's cool man. such is life.

as long as you find something to watch this weekend.

Luffy gets a sword

of course he just punches people while holding the sword with Zoro begging to try it out

and we finally get a better understanding of how Hawkins power works

and you might just get your wish, nik.

just saw a ginyu/goku blue/ yamcha team and it beasted.

I caught a little bit of another Ginyu player earlier who was crushing it too.

One day the purple reign will arrive at DBFZ. Ginyu. Ht. Beerus. If we ever get new Broly with his purple saiyan armor, then it's a lock.

yamcha and tien made top 8 at CEO, so there is hope for the so called "low tier" characters.

Jesus, the board is just terrible today.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 08-03-2018 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    it's cool man. such is life.

as long as you find something to watch this weekend.
    I got competitive Catherine coming up on the side game stream. I am good! This is the kind of weird hyper-specific super competitive garbage that I watch Evo for!

I got competitive Catherine coming up on the side game stream. I am good! This is the kind of weird hyper-specific super competitive garbage that I watch Evo for!
    there's a catherine scene?

huh. well, it is evo.

there's a catherine scene?

huh. well, it is evo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Luffy gets a sword

of course he just punches people while holding the sword with Zoro begging to try it out

and we finally get a better understanding of how Hawkins power works
    I'd say that it's less of an understanding of Hawkins' powers and more of a "hey, I can do this weird **** too."