Page 226 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 1261762162222232242252262272282292302362763267261226 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 23324
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Then shit, It is worse than I ever imagined. And I feel fucking sick over it.

And if this is the case, then I just as well apologize both for my comment and to the two it addressed.
    Good on you for stepping up rather than vanishing.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    ....before humanity destroys it's self.
    There are vague glimmers of hope, but we need a whole lot more.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I don't see how your low morale leads you to calling people campaigning against the culture of online abuse against women hypocrites personally, but I guess you've been having a rough time and you're looking for... someone to... lash out at?

I guess?
    To explain the hypocrisy thing is simple and, in retrospect, embarrassing. Because I felt what she was trying to propose (again, when I jumped to the inane leap of logic that the UN wanted to censor the interent on a broad scale) would allow to silence her detractors much like how they've been trying to silence her. Again, my mind was not factoring in that she was sincerely testifying to stop online harassment, but for a more personal and selfish motive where no one could levy a negative opinion against her and her critiques.

And being more clear-minded than yesterday, I realize how stupid that sounds. But as I've said, lately, my mind has been latching on to this close-minded and malicious view of her that been pervasive throughout the internet, and discounting the points that she's made and her own struggles against online harassment. Last year, I would've told you straight up and with clear conciseness that she is right on point with her perspective (even if I still don't agree with her opinions on certain video game tropes) about how lopsidedly biased the male community is to the online female community.

But I've been listening to the other side so much that it's distorted my reasoning and view of her as well as Quinn. On top of the fact that, yeah, what's been going on recently in the community and with Congress has been messing with me.

Of course, this is doesn't excuse the fact that I should d

But just so I'm absolutely clear on this: I am not, will not, ever be against anyone speaking out against unjust discrimination and trying to achieve equality. Being part of a minority and being raised primarily by women, I'd never even think it.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 02-25-2016 at 08:37 AM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Good on you for stepping up rather than vanishing.
    I will never shy away when I know I'm in the wrong, man. I wasn't raised like that.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

I just like to applaud that kind of character when I see it. It's pretty rare on the 'net.
    Why are we here?

I heard more from my cousin today. The doctors caught the cancer early enough and will do surgery to remove it.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

So Len is stepping up to his own mistakes and looking to improve and Gryphon's cousin has a good prognosis.

Good day all around.

Fantastic news, Gryphon. I really hope that proceeds well.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    I heard more from my cousin today. The doctors caught the cancer early enough and will do surgery to remove it.
    Best wishes on a speedy recovery.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

That's great, Gryphon. I wish your cousin good luck in surgery.

So Len is stepping up to his own mistakes and looking to improve and Gryphon's cousin has a good prognosis.

Good day all around.
    It is, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    There are vague glimmers of hope, but we need a whole lot more.
    Please don't take away my food source.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Please don't take away my food source.
    Sadly, you're not going hungry any time soon.

And fortunately, neither will I. *transmorgifies Cthulhu into a cookie*

This calls for a celebration!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I don't see how your low morale leads you to calling people campaigning against the culture of online abuse against women hypocrites personally, but I guess you've been having a rough time and you're looking for... someone to... lash out at?

I guess?

Just a question Guy, since you posted the video. Do you agree with the views of the man in the video that sparked this or were you just trying to make a discussion happen?
    Just trying to get a discussion going really.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Just trying to get a discussion going really.
    Maybe it's cutting things a little too close to 2014. Don't want to see the site have another meltdown.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.