Page 279 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 1792292692752762772782792802812822832893293797791279 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 23324
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Ugh next opponent is Flash, I really hope it's not a Flash Quicksilver match next which would be a complete waste
    Who else could it be though?

I hope that they don't use both CW Flash's and DCAU Flash's feats for the Flash they're going to use. It's two different characters.

The Nintendo NX. Otherwise known as "too late to be relevant".

Extraordinary Member

This was Hyper Gauge's April Fools video.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

That was funny.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Captain America: Civil War premiered in Sweden yesterdary and from my friends' reactions it's a good one.

I won't see it until Saturday, that was the earliest I could gather up my usual Marvel movie crew. I've got a good feeling about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The Nintendo NX. Otherwise known as "too late to be relevant".
    Hush your naysaying, Slenderman Sr.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Hush your naysaying, Slenderman Sr.
    I'm not wrong, and you know it.

I'm not wrong, and you know it.
    Keep telling yourself that.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Keep telling yourself that.
    I don't need to. Put it this way, unless they've found a way to make Splatoon type games without going back to Mario and Zelda 50. Or figure out how to give me another good Metroid game, the NX is too late to keep up with the next gen. Or PC. Glorious, glorious PC.

I don't need to. Put it this way, unless they've found a way to make Splatoon type games without going back to Mario and Zelda 50. Or figure out how to give me another good Metroid game, the NX is too late to keep up with the next gen. Or PC. Glorious, glorious PC.
    Considering how well they're doing with just their current consoles compared with next gen titles with games like Fire Emblem:Fates, Pokken Tournament, and the upcoming Tokyo Mirage Sessions, it's kinda the other way around. As for Metroid, there're already plans to make two new titles starring Samus after Federation Force, if you paid attention to the news instead of gathering moss on your spine while sleeping away in your watery tomb. And hopefully, we won't have another Other M since since the original creator (who nearly ruined Samus with that script he wrote) is keeping his distance from the series.

And just because you hate how they've milked their most famous franchise titles doesn't mean anything in regards to their performance in the gaming market. Since, in the end, they've always sold well, been received well, and will likely continue to do so as long as they remain fun to play and incorporate just the right amount of innovation to keep it interesting. It's that simple. Nintendo knows the formula to keep their brands fresh.

So, we'll just have to agree to disagree when it comes to our stances on the matter. Except for the fact that I rule over your invertebrate ass and you are not fit to lick Lord Nyarlathotep's booties.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 04-28-2016 at 11:08 AM.

Considering how well they're doing with just their current consoles compared with next gen titles with games like Fire Emblem:Fates, Pokken Tournament, and the upcoming Tokyo Mirage Sessions, it's kinda the other way around. As for Metroid, there're already plans to make two new titles starring Samus after Federation Force, if you paid attention to the news instead of gathering moss on your spine while sleeping away in your watery tomb. And hopefully, we won't have another Other M since since the original creator (who nearly ruined Samus with that script he wrote) is keeping his distance from the series.

And just because you hate how they've milked their most famous franchise titles doesn't mean anything in regards to their performance in the gaming market. Since, in the end, they've always sold well, been received well, and will likely continue to do so as long as they remain fun to play and incorporate just the right amount of innovation to keep it interesting. It's that simple. Nintendo knows the formula to keep their brands fresh.

So, we'll just have to agree to disagree when it comes to our stances on the matter. Except for the fact that I rule over your invertebrate ass and you are not fit to lick Lord Nyarlathotep's booties.
    I was aware of the new Metroid game, hence the whole "good Metroid" comment :P

But you've gotta understand that the nostaliga factor that Nintendo is relying on to make sales, isn't going to carry them for much longer. Sure, a new Fire Emblem is neat, same with Pokken. But at some point they're going to have to start doing OTHER things. Pushing out a next-gen console years after the others have already established footholds isn't the thing that's going to help them. Why buy a Nintendo NX, when you've already got a PS4 or Xbox One. Hell, with Microsoft's plans to turn the Xbox One into the equivalent of a PC, why bother with consoles at all?

I was aware of the new Metroid game, hence the whole "good Metroid" comment :P

But you've gotta understand that the nostaliga factor that Nintendo is relying on to make sales, isn't going to carry them for much longer. Sure, a new Fire Emblem is neat, same with Pokken. But at some point they're going to have to start doing OTHER things. Pushing out a next-gen console years after the others have already established footholds isn't the thing that's going to help them. Why buy a Nintendo NX, when you've already got a PS4 or Xbox One. Hell, with Microsoft's plans to turn the Xbox One into the equivalent of a PC, why bother with consoles at all?
    Except, people have been making that claim about the "nostalgia" factor being the only reason they stay in business for over a decade now and how they should fallen years ago, yet they still make progressively good sales with their games since they do experiment just enough to keep each title different but retain its identity, so it's obvious that it isn't simple nostalgia that keeps reeling gamers back in.

If your argument is that they need new IPs, then fine. But what's important is that they continue to make quality games that sell.

As for PS4 and XBO's "footholds", they aren't particularly grounded. PS4 and XBO still host rather small libraries for games (Heck, Vita has a larger library than PS4 at the moment) and they have yet to produce truly groundbreaking IPs. Heck, their last-gen counterparts are still outselling them, along with Nintendo 3DS (which has always come out ahead of all the consoles thus far).
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 04-28-2016 at 12:01 PM.

Except, people have been making that claim about the "nostalgia" factor being the only reason they stay in business for over a decade now and how they should fallen years ago, yet they still make progressively good sales with their games since they do experiment just enough to keep each title different but retain its identity, so it's obvious that it isn't simple nostalgia that keeps reeling gamers back in.

If your argument is that they need new IPs, then fine. But what's important is that they continue to make quality games that sell.
    Oh, no. See the nostalgia factor will last for awhile.

You've got a generation of kids that grew up playing Mario and the Legend of Zelda back in the 80's, that have grown up and spawned children of their own. Assuming that even 50% of these kids didn't move away from that Nintendo love, you then have a generation that's going to show the old games to their children, assuming that even 25% of those kids develop the same love, you've then got a second generation of kids that will show THEIR kids the old games.

We're currently in the Second Generation of Nostalgia™, with the First Generation still buying the games. It'll last for awhile, yet, I assume.

But the returns are going to be diminishing all the while.

Which is part of my point. Without new, good IP's, Nintendo's business model isn't sustainable.

Part of me wants Nintendo to succeed, simply because some of my best childhood memories involve sitting in one of those uncomfortable plastic chairs after school playing the ever-loving FUCK out of Ocarina of Time. Or playing split-screen Goldeneye. Or sleeping on the floor with my door open, so I could use the lamp light coming in from the hallway to play Pokemon blue well past my bedtime.

But I'm getting tired of Mario Party, and Legend of Zelda rehashes; and Sweet Unforgiving Dark Souls, what the hell happened to Pokemon. Trubbish? What the fuck. You know you've run out of ideas when a Pokemon is literally a bag of trash with arms.