Page 328 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 2282783183243253263273283293303313323383784288281328 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 23324

People who've gone through trauma sometimes have triggers. I read Dumbing of Age and Go Get a Roomie, and sometimes their storylines hit a little too close to home with their LGBT fanbases, and things snowball with emotions running high. So to whatever extent that allows me to understand, I do. And certainly bringing up social issues is something just fine for Downtown.

By a purely legal standpoint, physical abuse is gender neutral. But even in academia it's acknowledged that a man's gonna have a tougher time in court thanks to societal expectations.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Sorry if I made anyone uncomfortable, I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it...let alone emphasis it the way I did(I honestly do not know what I was thinking). So I am sorry if I "killed the mood". So to speak.
    No worries, man.

Serious discussions do happen from time to time. Even here.

And please, don't say "I shouldn't have mentioned it". It's good to hear different sides of the stories, and this sort of thing needs to be discussed so people become more aware.

I've ready some appalling stories about men getting abused by women, and I know someone to whom it happened. And it's not always physical - often it's emotional, which is just as destructive in the long run.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I know of this. But that isn't the point. The point is that it is finally being talked about more, and needs to be further talked about. And the man can get justice served:

My question for all of you is; what would any of you do in a similar situation?

I don't like the idea of a man hitting a women...but this is an exception. He had every right to knock her flat on her devious ass, and possible kick her face in with good measure. Well, the last part is probably to much, but he should've smacked some sense into her.

And Cody, you didn't kill the mood with what you posted. You're amoung friends here, and you don't have to worry about sharing anything.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Nik. I'm disappointed.

I'm a Southerner too, originally (not the coast, but still...), but I live in the Midlands.

Midlanders are not Northerners. Much like, even if you're from Leeds or Newcastle, they're not Southerners.

They're Midlanders. From the Midlands. In the Middle.

Also, by "sounds like she's from the Midlands", do you mean she sounds like a Brummie? Because 50% of the Midlands is East Midlands, which sounds nothing like Brummies.
    I hail from the South coast near the Isle of Wight. Anything North of London is considered northern territories to me. :P

I wouldn't say she sounds Brummie to me offhand, kind of reminded me of my old housemate's accent and he was from Middlesbrough... which isn't actually in the Midlands. Herp derp, thought it was more southernly than it actually is. Bloody phantom county of Cleveland. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Nik, you are the one who called it a cockney accent. I followed your lead there.

Whatever we label the accent, I was simply teasing you and Beadle because the accent is popular and I personally like it. The notes are pleasing to my ear, more so than whatever real accent it's meant to imitate. Authenticity to real English accents is not something I'm equipped to judge.
    No, my point is that she's /trying/ to do cockney and she's not cockney and it sounds, to someone who's familiar with it, really weird and forced.

I have no issue with Tracer being cockney, just get a cockney actress to voice her.

If you like it, more power to you, but it grates on me like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Boots View Post
    I don't like the idea of a man hitting a women...but this is an exception. He had every right to knock her flat on her devious ass, and possible kick her face in with good measure. Well, the last part is probably to much, but he should've smacked some sense into her.

And Cody, you didn't kill the mood with what you posted. You're amoung friends here, and you don't have to worry about sharing anything.

Except in self defense, there is never any 'good' reason to physically attack someone. Verbal attacks are more common but just as hurtful. When someone attacks you, you escape and call the police for help. Or at least get to a safe location where you have friends and family to help.

If you can't escape, and are able to, it's okay to use whatever you can to defend yourself. Revenge violence is not going to solve anything.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Except in self defense, there is never any 'good' reason to physically attack someone.
    Defending others?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

After some delay I managed to gather all the items and power ups in Metroid Prime and defeated the final boss a fun and chaotic two-part battle.
    The game certainly lives up to the hype. The atmosphere is perfect and varied. The boss battles and set pieces were epic. The lore and world building gathered from the scans told an enthralling and sad story. And getting the complete ending gave it a great final scene.

After the final battle Samus stands on her ship, takes off her helmet and stares with a sad and depressed at the devastated Chozo ruins. She's killed the monster and cured the planet of its phazon infection, but the inhabitants are still dead since long ago and all their accomplishments are left in shambles at best and completely destroyed at worst. The victory is bitter sweet and she's so tired that she can only enter her ship and fly away.

All without a single line of dialogue.

One great game down. Two to go. Although, I've heard mixed reactions for Prime 2.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Defending others?
    And defending others, I should have added that.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I am happy that I'm a happy drunk. Granted, I've never consumed so much alcohol that I'd actually consider myself drunk, but asically as far as I've drank the stuff I've always become more personable, relaxed and happy.

When I am rich I shall have scotch every night.

DBS: A pretty dour, depressing opening to a new arc and Goku Black proves himself to be a true bastard.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Awe, I missed this board's version of the all women with superpowers thread? I didn't even get to add my own craziness to it.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Okay, I just finished Season 1 of Voltron: Legendary Defender and I have to say this is a damn good reboot. I'm loving the characters, the plot, and especially approve of the weapon designs for the Lions and Voltron. The Paladins' Bayards also have serious combat potential if Zarkon (who, btw, is majorly OP! I mean, Jesus O_o) is any indication. This is a series that I am definitely going to follow.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Okay, I just finished Season 1 of Voltron: Legendary Defender and I have to say this is a damn good reboot. I'm loving the characters, the plot, and especially approve of the weapon designs for the Lions and Voltron. The Paladins' Bayards also have serious combat potential if Zarkon (who, btw, is majorly OP! I mean, Jesus O_o) is any indication. This is a series that I am definitely going to follow.
    Honestly, it reminds me of Avatar.
    Anybody else?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Honestly, it reminds me of Avatar.
    Anybody else?
    Only in regards to certain characters and the general animation(which makes sense since the studio that animates Voltron is the same one that produced Avatar:TLAB and Legend of Korra). Lance is definitely how Sokka would turn out if he grew up in a more futuristic setting.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 06-12-2016 at 08:48 AM.