Page 401 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 3013513913973983994004014024034044054114515019011401 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 23324
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Hell, didn't one of his opponents whip out two legendaries in a previous tournament?
    I think that was during the Diamond/Pearl series.

Some random dude just happened to have legendary Pokemon on his team and that basically gave him an automatic win in the tournament. We never heard of him after that.

At least this time around it's against a character who was previously established in his own mini series and had gueast appearances where he encountered Ash throughout the main series. And Ash got to fight against Alain's entire team instead of just barely being able to take out two of them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

Some random dude just happened to have legendary Pokemon on his team and that basically gave him an automatic win in the tournament. We never heard of him after that.

At least this time around it's against a character who was previously established in his own mini series and had gueast appearances where he encountered Ash throughout the main series. And Ash got to fight against Alain's entire team instead of just barely being able to take out two of them.
    his name was tobias. all we knew about him was that he had a darkrai and ash was the first one to beat it. shame he lost against his friggin latias.

but i still loved ash's battle with paul. just so much built up for that one battle.

Yeah, but it will follow the same rough formula - Ash discovers and catches new Pokemon, Ash gains new friends and rivals, Ash loses against rivals, loses in whatever major tournament comes around, gets reset back to what he was at the beginning of his journey while losing whatever new pokemon he caught. Rinse and Repeat.

I ain't gonna get caught in that cycle again.

And I feel bad for the poor, deluded bastards that think Ash and Serena will hook up. Not unless they shot the producer who gleefully said that he would never allow Ash to get laid or win at life and has kept his word up until this point.

I do like Fusion Evolution, though. Even if it blatantly rips off the concept of Digivolution/Bio-Merging.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Yeah, but it will follow the same rough formula - Ash discovers and catches new Pokemon, Ash gains new friends and rivals, Ash loses against rivals, loses in whatever major tournament comes around, gets reset back to what he was at the beginning of his journey while losing whatever new pokemon he caught. Rinse and Repeat.

I ain't gonna get caught in that cycle again.

And I feel bad for the poor, deluded bastards that think Ash and Serena will hook up. Not unless they shot the producer who gleefully said that he would never allow Ash to get laid or win at life and has kept his word up until this point.

I do like Fusion Evolution, though. Even if it blatantly rips off the concept of Digivolution/Bio-Merging.
    (flies pearlshipping flag in the background)

Bastard, stop making me agree with you. It's creepy.
    Eh, we only tend to agree on things that well .. I mean, if we didn't, I'd be too insane for either of us to function. That's no fun.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

But at least Ash is kinda making progress with each tournament. He's getting one round further every time. We just have to wait an entire freaking series to get to that point. But that's also probably a vague hope that they're dangling in front of us.

I do wonder if they're gonna jump straight to Alola or just make up something like they did between Kanto and Johto.

At least the animation was really nice this series.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    (flies pearlshipping flag in the background)
    Speaking of ships that never were but should've been: Toei, I swear if you are screwing with us Taioras by dangling hints at us that there's a chance that they could get together in Tri and make that horrible epilogue go away forever, no Kaiju in the multiverse will save you from my disproportionate wrath.

DO YOU HEAR ME?! I WILL EAT YOUR PUNY ISLAND IF YOU CROSS MY TAIORA LOVE AGAIN!!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

But at least Ash is kinda making progress with each tournament. He's getting one round further every time. We just have to wait an entire freaking series to get to that point. But that's also probably a vague hope that they're dangling in front of us.

I do wonder if they're gonna jump straight to Alola or just make up something like they did between Kanto and Johto.

At least the animation was really nice this series.
    Oh my gods, kill Ash already. Replace him with Gary. Make Pokemon great again.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Speaking of ships that never were but should've been: Toei, I swear if you are screwing with us Taioras by dangling hints at us that there's a chance that they could get together in Tri and make that horrible epilogue go away forever, no Kaiju in the multiverse will save you from my disproportionate wrath.

DO YOU HEAR ME?! I WILL EAT YOUR PUNY ISLAND IF YOU CROSS MY TAIORA LOVE AGAIN!!
    do i even want to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Oh my gods, kill Ash already.
    Have you not seen the movies? They've tried, by God how they tried. But Ash can't die. It's like my issues with you.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 08-18-2016 at 11:09 AM.

Have you not seen the movies? They've tried, but they've tried. But Ash can't die. It's like my issues with you.
    Ashthulu then.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator