Page 428 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 3283784184244254264274284294304314324384785289281428 ... LastLast
Results 6,406 to 6,420 of 23324

http://imgur.com/a/4dFH2
    Oh Felicity, you smug little hypocrite.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Wow, there are detractors of Starco that actually compare it to Pinecest.

Pinecest.

...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Ha~h....Idiots.

And now, witness Goku become the Saiyan equivalent of Donald Trump

Last edited by Len Ikari145; 09-08-2016 at 09:25 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I got me a crush.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

Pinecest.

...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Ha~h....Idiots.
    But they're not related! They're not even the same SPECIES!
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Pinecest.
    Do I even want to know?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    But they're not related! They're not even the same SPECIES!
    Well, according to these arguments from a certain wiki:

Guys, this episode made me think about how people ship Starco romantically and I realised how similar their chemistry is to Pinecest from Gravity Falls (which I know most of y'all hate) which makes no sense considering how y'all talk about the 'connection' and 'chemistry' they have when you judge Pinecest. Anyway, Startom/Tomstar might happen, and if it does, SVTFOE will officially be the best cartoon that ever existed because 1. it does not show a cliche and 2. I really ship Tomstar/Startom

I think Star and Marco have a good relationship.
    A SIBLING-like relationship
    And Starco... well, you know the general response to Pinecest? Apply that here.
    They may not be biologically related, but the way the two of them act together, the fact that they're roommates, the way Marco's always looking out for "his younger sister" Star- really look at their relationship. take off your desire to ship people together and really analyze their relationship. they are as close as you can get to siblings without actually being related. Hell, you can make the argument that the Diazs practically adopted her with the way they treat her.
    Now, with that in mind, WHY would you want to ship these two, ESPECIALLY if you're so adamant as to find disgust in Pinecest. (if you're looking for the disgust factor, Star's an ALIEN.) Is it cause the Blood Moon told you so? is it cause you just never thought of it like this before?
    So yeah, in short, I REVIAL Starco, about as much as I revial any of the Zim shippings or Pinecest. They have chemistry, but in a way that would make a romantic relationship awkward (Not to mention cliché- we don't need to make the male and female leads fall in love ALL THE TIME. it's cooler when they don't, IMO)

In short, living together, being supportive/protective towards one another constitutes a friendly, sibling relationship. Doesn't matter how limited and narrow-minded that line of logic is, apparently couples just don't act that way. Oh, and using the old tried and true "They're being influenced by the Blood Moon to feel this way" excuse to ignore the development between them in the show. Also, interracial relationships are nasty.

...Yeah.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 09-08-2016 at 10:04 PM.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

I'm not that big of a Starco shipper, mainly because of my general aversion to main hero/main heroine couplings.

But like the NaLu shipping I wouldn't mind Starco. They got lots of fun interactions that highlights how close they are, and it's easy to see them either growing closer into a proper relationship or staying great friends. Either one works fine.

Now, comparing it to Pinecest... you can't do that. Starco looks fairly plausible at this point and has proper development. Pinecest... Pinecest is incest. That's just wrong. They can't be compared at all.

On another topic, I'm happy that Joshua Seth is coming out of retirement to be play Tai again for Digimon Fusion and Tri.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Also, interracial relationships are nasty.

...Yeah.
    Less "racial" and more "species". It's like Superman and Lois Lane, or Starfire and Robin (Which when I heard "Starco" I was trying to figure out who Starfire could be hooking up with for that portmanteau) and we all know how squicky THOSE turned out.

Cartoon physics, guys. Aliens aren't a big deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Pinecest... Pinecest is incest. That's just wrong. They can't be compared at all.
    So if you think it's wrong it cannot exist?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Less "racial" and more "species". It's like Superman and Lois Lane, or Starfire and Robin (Which when I heard "Starco" I was trying to figure out who Starfire could be hooking up with for that portmanteau) and we all know how squicky THOSE turned out.

Cartoon physics, guys. Aliens aren't a big deal...
    I know that, you know that and the vast majority of movie/cartoon/anime/comic writers know that, but some people just don't get it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    So if you think it's wrong it cannot exist?
    At what point do I deny the existence of Pinecest? I'm just saying that it's wrong and can't be compared to Starco in terms of anti-reasons.

I would personally advise examining any belief that something is wrong to determine if it can be justified for more practical reasons than "it's just wrong". It helps us to refine and understand morality. There are plenty of practical reasons why many forms of incest are harmful. Genetics and abuse of assymetrical power structures come to mind.

But if viewing a particular issue as wrong cannot be justified in this manner, perhaps it is more personal preference than a justifiable moral view.