Page 501 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 40145149149749849950050150250350450551155160110011501 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 23324

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    We'll find out on December 4.
    Given the title of the episode, I don't think it matters since it sounds like Arale will be getting her Dr.Slump feats. Which means a battle between her and Goku could end in Earth being screwed and possibly wished back again by the Dragon Balls. Seriously, Toriyama, the Earth has already been destroyed twice in Super. Are you looking to turn this into a record?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Bum out that Ash vs. Evil Dead will be taking Sunday off but it will return on December 4 and Ash is going back to the Cabin once again!

Extraordinary Member

Aww, I miss the Spectacular Spider-man cartoon too.

It was a perfect moderinsation of the Spider-man mythos that managed to be respectful to the most enduring elements of it while trimming away a lot of the clutter that had gathered from the comic after over 50 years of publication. Sharp writing, engaging characters, a style of animation and character designs that stood out on its own and epic fight scenes.

It was so good. They even managed to give the old origin retelling interesting by giving the narrative a bit of a twist, and even when Green Goblin's identity should've been a obvious they made us second guess it. I miss it so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    when he was preparing for the secret war, peter thought that storm would be a perfect match for the beyonder. lol
    Being fair, cartoon Beyonder isn't really as ridiculously OP as comic Beyonder. But yeah, Spidey made a dumb call there.

If there is one thing that always bugged me about Spectacular, and this is YMMV, it's that Peter honestly should've knocked Flash's lights out. Dude was practically a Family Guy level douchebag and he never had to pay for any of it.
    But then, I've always hated the character, so, that might just be me.

That aside though, yes, truly an amazing series.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    If there is one thing that always bugged me about Spectacular, and this is YMMV, it's that Peter honestly should've knocked Flash's lights out. Dude was practically a Family Guy level douchebag and he never had to pay for any of it.

Hmmm, I wonder if that's just a case of being the bigger man not to pound his face in.

...Cause Peter twisting the guy like a pretzel if he's feeling sadistic would be a sight...But I don't think it'll fit Peter's character.

He's got great responsibilities after all.

Extraordinary Member

Man, I thought it would be difficult for Oda to top the Doflamingo family in terms of variety in powers and design. But Big Mom's crew is kinda stomping all over them in that regard. Also, several of them seem to be on par with or close to Doffy's power. So that's a big step up when it comes to the bad guys.

Luffy doesn't care about any of that of course. He's just picks a fight with whomever pisses him off.

I wonder what kind of big shot Lola was supposed to get married to. Somebody with enough power and/or resources that Big Mom could surpass even Whitebeard. That's pretty wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Man, I thought it would be difficult for Oda to top the Doflamingo family in terms of variety in powers and design. But Big Mom's crew is kinda stomping all over them in that regard. Also, several of them seem to be on par with or close to Doffy's power. So that's a big step up when it comes to the bad guys.

Luffy doesn't care about any of that of course. He's just picks a fight with whomever pisses him off.
    That's Our Luffy!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Hmmm, I wonder if that's just a case of being the bigger man not to pound his face in.

...Cause Peter twisting the guy like a pretzel if he's feeling sadistic would be a sight...But I don't think it'll fit Peter's character.

He's got great responsibilities after all.
    Oh whats a black eye or two?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I wonder what kind of big shot Lola was supposed to get married to. Somebody with enough power and/or resources that Big Mom could surpass even Whitebeard. That's pretty wild.
    I do like the reminder that the members of a Yonkou's crew are pretty high up in the totem pole. Like while Doflamingo and his crew were absurdly tough and took massive efforts for the Strawhats and allies to beat, I'm quickly reminded that the man himself along with the other warlords were sent to Marineford to join with the full brunt of the Marines best fighters...to counter one pissed off Whitebeard and his army.

Um, that box Mom has, someone on the comments pointed out and I'd completely forgotten that Hody already stole the contents(the power up pills), what's in it now? A bomb. This gunna be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Given the title of the episode, I don't think it matters since it sounds like Arale will be getting her Dr.Slump feats. Which means a battle between her and Goku could end in Earth being screwed and possibly wished back again by the Dragon Balls. Seriously, Toriyama, the Earth has already been destroyed twice in Super. Are you looking to turn this into a record?
    Dragon: Oh God it's you guys again
    Last edited by Hiromi; 11-24-2016 at 01:17 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

it told me enough about these guys that one her top guys could throw down with the form that took out doffy and nearly beat luffy. that told me that there is a massive difference between a warlord and a emperor.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

where as in USM, flash is not only a member of spidey's team but only one of his best friends. so much so that he left him with the honor of protecting aunt may, who is way too young and pretty in this one.

i mean, she was dating coulson for god sakes!

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    where as in USM, flash is not only a member of spidey's team but only one of his best friends. so much so that he left him with the honor of protecting aunt may, who is way too young and pretty in this one.

i mean, she was dating coulson for god sakes!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator