Page 502 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 240245249249849950050150250350450550651255260210021502 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 23324
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

well USM came out way before civil war, so they cornered the market on hot aunt may.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    I do like the reminder that the members of a Yonkou's crew are pretty high up in the totem pole. Like while Doflamingo and his crew were absurdly tough and took massive efforts for the Strawhats and allies to beat, I'm quickly reminded that the man himself along with the other warlords were sent to Marineford to join with the full brunt of the Marines best fighters...to counter one pissed off Whitebeard and his army.
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    it told me enough about these guys that one her top guys could throw down with the form that took out doffy and nearly beat luffy. that told me that there is a massive difference between a warlord and a emperor.
    This makes me wonder how strong Mihawk is, especially compared to the other warlords, given that he and Shanks used to be sparring partners.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

OK, so I just have to ask. Does anyone know a reason the word "Ziggler" would be considered offensive?

I was playing Pokémon Moon the other day, and (slight spoilers) there is a Pokémon with a water bubble on it's head that is said to like headbutting things. As this seemed rather self defeating to a creature that needs a water bubble on it's head I was trying to name it after Dolph Ziggler; as a reference to that time he tried a headbutt at Payback on Shaemus, and it didn't bother Shaemus at all but messed Dolph right up. However the Nintendo censor on the names wouldn't let me use the word Ziggler. It was OK with it once I took the e out, thus indicating that was the string it was mad at. Other than as a cheap shot at Dolph Ziggler's wrestling career, I have no idea why Nintendo would consider it offensive. Does anyone else know?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

This is just cool looking and much more practical.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    This makes me wonder how strong Mihawk is, especially compared to the other warlords, given that he and Shanks used to be sparring partners.
    Probably comparable to the Yonkou themselves, but lacking the massive crew or desire necessary to officially take the place of a Yonkou. Because from what we've seen, you don't just need to be a superstrong monster at a level above superstrong monsters to be a Yonkou, you need to have a massive crew filled with superstrong monsters as well, and Mihawk likes his privacy.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I brought the turkey!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Probably comparable to the Yonkou themselves, but lacking the massive crew or desire necessary to officially take the place of a Yonkou. Because from what we've seen, you don't just need to be a superstrong monster at a level above superstrong monsters to be a Yonkou, you need to have a massive crew filled with superstrong monsters as well, and Mihawk likes his privacy.
    the yonkou's crews are less like crews and more like armies. doffy's crew, while powerful, was more like a gang or criminal organization when compared to mom's crew.

Yeah, Whitebeard, Mom, and Kaido are all leaders of big armies and near countries, Shanks seems to be the odd one out with just his crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    *opens a portal beneath Cthulhu's feet that sends him to the Q Continuum*

Have fun being among a godlike species that values logic and order, your antithesis. I look forward to you being driven sane or transmuted into an actual octopus.
    When you think about it Q is pretty much insane. I don't see how this is a bad thing.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Yeah, Whitebeard, Mom, and Kaido are all leaders of big armies and near countries, Shanks seems to be the odd one out with just his crew.
    He might have a much larger crew than we've seen. He just brings his biggest guns when talking to folks for because it's quicker than bringing everybody. Or his crewmates are all so monstrously strong that together they equal the armies of the other Yonkou. Because remember, Ben Beckman gave Kizaru, an admiral, pause with a gun, which is generally a joke against anyone who isn't a scrub/low-ranking mook.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

He could, but on the other hand he's basically the model Luffy emulates for his crew so it'd make sense if Oda just made it him and his one crew.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Would you prefer she took her with her? "Bring your Daughter to work" day for the banditry life?
    Not being a murdering, pillaging bandit leader and trying to raise your daughter alongside a well meaning if dorky father works as well.
    Fortunam adversarius, nihil prosperum habebitis

Extraordinary Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Shanks' crew is indeed a relatively small but elite bunch of badasses that together can measure up to other Yonkou armies. They were after all fully prepared to stop the Marineford war by force if necessary.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they're allied with a few other crews, similar to Ruffy's recent arrangement.

This talk about Shanks also makes me look forward to his inevitable confrontation with Shichibukai Buggy. Buggy's crew will be all like "OMG, it's going to an epic showdown between Gold Roger's two disciples! A battle for the ages!"

And then Buggy and Shanks do their usual interaction which makes Buggy's crew go all "They're such good friends that they can't even raise their fists against one another! What a beautiful relationship!"

And Buggy goes along with it while muttering "I hate you." to Shanks.

My brother got married last night.I think the wedding went well