Page 551 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 5145150154154754854955055155255355455556160165110511551 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 23324

It's unfortunate to bring it up but I am a bit selfishly relieved her filming for episode 8 is done(apparently she had a larger role as well, so hopefully it'll be a fitting send off for her), but now I wonder how it'll be handled, if they'll do what Star Trek did for Leonard Nimoy and have her death off screen and referenced, or if they'll incorporate it into one of the next two films or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    It's unfortunate to bring it up but I am a bit selfishly relieved her filming for episode 8 is done(apparently she had a larger role as well, so hopefully it'll be a fitting send off for her), but now I wonder how it'll be handled, if they'll do what Star Trek did for Leonard Nimoy and have her death off screen and referenced, or if they'll incorporate it into one of the next two films or not.
    No need to frame it as selfish. Think of it as a way to give Carrie Fisher a heartfelt goodbye, just as people did with Paul Walker, Heath Ledger and other great actors who died while or shortly after making a great work. Even if Episode VIII turns out to be horrible, we can celebrate Carrie Fisher's performance in it like we did Raul Julia in Street Fighter.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Even if Episode VIII turns out to be horrible, we can celebrate Carrie Fisher's performance in it like we did Raul Julia in Street Fighter.
    Even if it is terrible, it still won't be terrible enough to be the worst movie in the franchise. TPM will always hold that spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Even if it is terrible, it still won't be terrible enough to be the worst movie in the franchise. TPM will always hold that spot.
    Menace is mostly just boring Jar Jar aside, I actually found attack of the clones far worse as a film

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    Menace is mostly just boring Jar Jar aside, I actually found attack of the clones far worse as a film
    The direction in AotC was worse, but the script for TPM is just absolutely atrocious.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    No need to frame it as selfish. Think of it as a way to give Carrie Fisher a heartfelt goodbye, just as people did with Paul Walker, Heath Ledger and other great actors who died while or shortly after making a great work. Even if Episode VIII turns out to be horrible, we can celebrate Carrie Fisher's performance in it like we did Raul Julia in Street Fighter.
    Unless they pull a "Halloween 6" and remove most of her scenes from the movie and then dedicate it her.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Unless they pull a "Halloween 6" and remove most of her scenes from the movie and then dedicate it her.
    Nice segue to reference the two hilarious episodes that The Cinema Snob did on that movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xodTESNe3vk - Shitty cut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d06XTkXBSs - Producer's Cut

Incredible Member

The direction in AotC was worse, but the script for TPM is just absolutely atrocious.
    Honestly, it's worth it just for the Darth Maul fight scene. I thought that The Force Awakens was the worst Star Wars movie.

Incredible Member

And what horrible news about Carrie Fisher. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    Honestly, it's worth it just for the Darth Maul fight scene. I thought that The Force Awakens was the worst Star Wars movie.
    Eh, not the worst, it just feels like a retread of "A New Hope". And it pretty much turns the original trilogy into a shaggy dog story, considering that the universe is pretty much right where it was at the beginning of "A New Hope".

Also, it shows that Luke truly embraced the way of the Jedi, which can be summed up as "When the going gets rough, hide like a coward and let someone else handle it".
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

The Force Awakens, along with Rogue One, are great Star Wars movies that (for me anyway) amend the humdrum of the prequel trilogy.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    The Force Awakens, along with Rogue One, are great Star Wars movies that (for me anyway) amend the humdrum of the prequel trilogy.
    There are only 5 star wars movies.

Rogue One
    A New Hope
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the Jedi
    and The Force Awakens
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I....actually don't *hate* the Phantom Menace. And as a kid I found Jar Jar hilarious. Plus I liked most of the Revenge of the Sith. Really, the only thing I really didn't like was the first two thirds of Attack of the Clones, which threatened to bore me to tears. Even then, it had little gems like Obi Wan mind tricking the death stick dealer and fighting Jango Fett.

But yes, The Force Awakens and Rogue One are vastly superior movies.

"Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic lifeform?"

True, but TPM had one massive redeeming feature that AotC and RotS could not claim.

A complete absence of the acting-and-charisma-vacuum that is Hayden Christensen.