Page 555 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 554555055455515525535545555565575585595656056551055 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,325 of 23324
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Finished the anime adaptation of JJBA Part 4. It was my favourite part of the series for a while, until Stone Ocean, Steel Ball Run and Golden Wind came along (in that order), currently it sits at Fourth Best for me.

The anime was good fun. The whole Bites the Dust storyline remains fucking great and one of the best bits of Jojo overall. If you didn't read it yet or have been wanting to check out Jojo, you can totally jump on with Part 4.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

am i the only person who absolutely loves the nen system from "hunterxhunter"?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    am i the only person who absolutely loves the nen system from "hunterxhunter"?
    I had a few issues with some of the story arcs, but yeah the Nen system is pretty cool.

Along those lines, I feel alone in really loving the Trigger Technology from World Trigger. I think it's an underappreciated series.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Hunter x Hunter: I like the idea of requiring real disadvantages if one wants to attain power beyond their normal ability. Kurapika only being able to use his nen abilities against the Phantom Troupe being an extreme example. But I wonder what is the entity that decides what sort of disadvantage is sufficient to warrant the advantage gained?

I am a huge fan of World Trigger's technology. It makes meelee combat appear credible while still giving plenty of real advantages to ranged weapon users. People's powers have to follow rules that everyone plays by, forcing them to win through superior tactics. My only problem with the series is that most of the characters feel like they're written with the same voice. The system itself? Beautiful. It's like a much better thought out version of Nanoha's magical tech system.

Well, good news for Black Lagoon fans: The manga'll come off its hiatus in Spring and Rei Hiroe is releasing a new anime series as well.

Hmm, 2017 might actually make up for the suckiness of this year.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

the final match of the quarter finals.

the dream match.

yusei vs. atem.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Well, good news for Black Lagoon fans: The manga'll come off its hiatus in Spring and Rei Hiroe is releasing a new anime series as well.

Hmm, 2017 might actually make up for the suckiness of this year.
    I watched Black Lagoon a really long time ago. Like the first season. I think I missed out on the rest of the good stuff.

I haven't been impressed with that many anime series that came out the last couple of years.

the quarter finals are over. now, we move on the semi-finals.

here are the final 2 matches for the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by KnockBlock View Post
    I watched Black Lagoon a really long time ago. Like the first season. I think I missed out on the rest of the good stuff.

I haven't been impressed with that many anime series that came out the last couple of years.
    This fall anime season sucked so bad, Haikyuu!! season 3 aside. The only other anime I've found worth watching from that was the second season of Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans, and thus far it's not as good as the 1st season (latest episode aside where shit gets real).

I'd highly recommend Kill la Kill if you haven't watched it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    This fall anime season sucked so bad, Haikyuu!! season 3 aside. The only other anime I've found worth watching from that was the second season of Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans, and thus far it's not as good as the 1st season (latest episode aside where shit gets real).

I'd highly recommend Kill la Kill if you haven't watched it already.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I'm trying to think of a good match for Gang Ryong from Gosu.

Was thinking of just dropping into Marvel but his lack of psychic defences means he's a little free and I can't think of any one-to-one matches that fight his stupidly high end superspeed brick stats.

Want to give the lad some more exposure but I am blanking here. Any matches with some good pull that ya'll can think of?

I know some of you read Gosu.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Was thinking of just dropping into Marvel but his lack of psychic defences means he's a little free and I can't think of any one-to-one matches that fight his stupidly high end superspeed brick stats.

Want to give the lad some more exposure but I am blanking here. Any matches with some good pull that ya'll can think of?

ditto. you have no idea how many times i've tried looking for a decent match for gang. he either curbstomps or gets curbstomped.

maybe some versions of jin mori?

ditto. you have no idea how many times i've tried looking for a decent match for gang. he either curbstomps or gets curbstomped.

Mori is another I've been vaguely trying to pitch somewhere but he's... Jesus Christ he's gotten stupid strong recently. I mean, he's on the level where anyone south of Thor is a speed bump to him.

Ryong vs Mori at... certain points. Like... maybe... when he fought Taek at the end of the first season but before he got Yeoui? I mean, at that point, I think Ryong might hit a bit too hard for him to take. It's a pretty thin window where they actually match up.

Also, neither of them are that well known for a showcase match.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Yeah...Same thoughts here.

Gang Ryong has oodles of rather insane feats for me to really decide who he can throw down without making it a stomp.

Mori is another I've been vaguely trying to pitch somewhere but he's... Jesus Christ he's gotten stupid strong recently. I mean, he's on the level where anyone south of Thor is a speed bump to him.

Ryong vs Mori at... certain points. Like... maybe... when he fought Taek at the end of the first season but before he got Yeoui? I mean, at that point, I think Ryong might hit a bit too hard for him to take. It's a pretty thin window where they actually match up.

Also, neither of them are that well known for a showcase match.
    Since I know neither character at all, how's about a little précis of each of their power levels? Then maybe we could help pick a match-up.

Speed?
    Skill?
    Strength?
    Other Damage Output (not directly linked to strength)?
    Esoterics?