Page 556 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 564565065465525535545555565575585595605666066561056 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,340 of 23324

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Kiryuin Satsuki is my favourite anime character of all time.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

now for the semi-finals, B side to start.

yuri (ARC-V) vs. yuma (zeXel)

I don't hang out here as much as I used to, but I just wanted to say I hope everyone has a Happy New Year. Lets' pray for 2017.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Since I know neither character at all, how's about a little précis of each of their power levels? Then maybe we could help pick a match-up.
    Alrighty... brief breakdown of each.

Gang Ryong

Speed: Does tricks with semi-solid afterimages, casually dashes from the top of small mountains to the midst of a forest a couple of miles away in a matter of seconds without exerting himself, has minor exchanges with persons on his level at such speed that everything around them appears almost frozen in time. I'd pitch him somewhere in the multimach area, not sure how far up though.
    Skill: Martial arts master. Lives in essentially a wuxia "magical kung fu is life" world and is approaching the top tier though his development is still apparently incomplete.
    Strength: Striking power through the roof. Casually destroys an entire multifloor building just by punching someone on the top floor while specifically holding back. Shatters building sized rocks with casual hits. Tears apart buildings by, in his own words, "brushing by them". Has higher level techniques but those will be covered below.
    Other Damage Output (not directly linked to strength): Is the sole disciple of the Heavenly Destruction Sect. Thus far he's shown... three techniques. Evil Negating Palm Strike which amps his damage output. Thunder Hawk Strike which is full on, essentially near Class 90 odd striking power - he has shaken and damaged entire valleys by hitting the ground, and caused multiple hundred metre tall tidal waves by striking an enormous lake. Radiant Wheel which is some kind of... black hole energy blast thing... trying to find the relevant chapters to review it.
    Esoterics: He can screw up people's chi and internal workings just by hitting them, has vaguely defined chi-based senses, can paralyse and crush an area with his chi that seems to be around 40 metres square, can project killing intent so strong that he's mindbroken accomplished martial artists just by the threat of fighting him. Can use a staff as a weapon as well. Can heal others through chi manipulation, may be able to do it himself but we've never actually seen him take any significant damage so it's theoretical. Pressure point nonsense to a small degree.
    Durability: Added durability because yep. He considers getting punched through a rock the size of a large house, two smaller rocks and a bit of a forest as a mildly annoyance rather than something that damages him. Eats chi explosions to the face, no damage. The only time we've seen him actually take a hit was when a master explicitly noted as being on his level, if not above, managed to cut his head slightly with an attack that was cleaving through boulders and Ryong's own staff, which was amped by his chi. It left a small scar but that's about it.

So, monstrous skill and hitting power, non-specific durability and big speed. Kind of hard to pitch into an even match.

Jin Mori
    Speed: Jesus... there's a big algorithm here. In short, currently... ummm, people Mori absolutely shits on in terms of abilities can do stuff like run across the majority of Korea in a second, can run from China to Korea in a around a minute, he's been shown to be multiple orders of magnitude above that and can enhance his own speed with his armour. He's also shown, multiple powerups ago, to be able to almost completely dodge actual lightning. I'd pitch him as "extremely significant fraction of lightspeed," by this point.
    Skill: Is a master of an extremely deadly form of Taekwando developed for assassination, can freely observe and integrate other martial arts styles into his own almost perfectly, picks up skills that take years to cultivate in literally days. Master of acupuncture for pressure point nonsense. Use strikes, grapples and locks. Master bo staff fighter. He's really, really good.
    Strength: Oh god... umm... so his basic weapon is the Yeoui pole. A weapon that can change it's size and weight. A simple indication of how stupid strong he is - when fighting a monster dude at the bottom of a shaft that went some 9 km into the side of a planet. Mori was carrying Yeoui, doing crazy movement speed stuff, no indication that he was moving below his normal speed but he then stops and claims that he felt he was moving a little slow, he then put down Yeoui and the force of it touching down shattered the walls of the shaft all the way to the surface. He then told the weapon to get a little lighter and then went right back to it. Other people below his strength bracket have punched people to other countries and other such madness. One of these people in that lower bracket tried to catch Yeoui when he threw it to them and it literally tore their arms off with the weight of it. He's class 100 essentially.
    Other Damage Output (not directly linked to strength): Biggest feat he has is that his clone, he can freely make clones Naruto style, managed to destroy a copy of the planet Jupiter using Yeoui. See also, casually wrecking people who treat being punched across timezones as a minor inconvenience. He can also shoot energy dragons with his kicks.
    Esoterics: Let's see... can make clones of himself who get copies of his three divine weapons - Yeoui, the Heavenly Gourd which allows him to seal things, Geundowun a thunder cloud that allows him to cast lightning and also can block attacks for him and his armour suit which is a semi-senitient transforming autoshield suit which can amp his speed and strength as well as blocking massive damage. He can see through illusions, he can also use Pressure Point chicanery to multiply his physical strength, speed and durability up to the current maximum we've seen which is 72 times. This does come with a time limit and will cause him to burn through is stamina faster.
    Durability: Was minorly hurt by an attack which near cut a planetoid in half, eats hits from people who can nuke countries, got into a slugfest with a guy who was literally made of adamantium-lite who could destroy cities by swinging his fists at them and won.

Yeah, as I noted, anyone south of Thor doesn't want none of Jin Mori.

just for further clarification, jin mori is the reincarnation(?) of sun wu kong, the monkey king. in "god of high school", human can "borrow" the powers and ablities of gods and dead warriors to gain super powers. (in the finals of the tournament, there were actually fighters using the spirits of bruce lee and mas oyama to fight)

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    just for further clarification, jin mori is the reincarnation(?) of sun wu kong, the monkey king. in "god of high school", human can "borrow" the powers and ablities of gods and dead warriors to gain super powers. (in the finals of the tournament, there were actually fighters using the spirits of bruce lee and mas oyama to fight)
    He is, a far as we know, Sun Wukong. Unlike Houju, whose real body still existed in Oraeguk, Mori is the Monkey King. I think it's implied that after he lost to the King and Unknown/Buddha in the war of heaven, they regressed him to a child and sealed him away. It wasn't until the North Korean government and, shortly after that, Jin Taejin found him that he was released.

Come to think of it, we still don't know who's corpse that is on the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    He is, a far as we know, Sun Wukong. Unlike Houju, whose real body still existed in Oraeguk, Mori is the Monkey King. I think it's implied that after he lost to the King and Unknown/Buddha in the war of heaven, they regressed him to a child and sealed him away. It wasn't until the North Korean government and, shortly after that, Jin Taejin found him that he was released.

Come to think of it, we still don't know who's corpse that is on the moon.
    that's why i put the question mark. i wasn't sure if he was the real monkey king or a reincarnation.

and yeah, who the **** is that on the moon?

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

A few hours to spare for Taka's public execution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMihrAbG4RY

Editing this video to just a link. I'm not entirely sure that Sonic joke is something we can get away with here.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 12-31-2016 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Edited to just a link. See that Sonic thing? Yeah, I'm not sure we can get away with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post

God save the Queen.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Editing this video to just a link. I'm not entirely sure that Sonic joke is something we can get away with here.
    Hey Hiromi? Edited the video down to just a link. It's mostly because of the sonic thing the video has in it. Please keep it as just a link.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Yep saw it, edited it back, it took me like 3 times to get the vid to work so thought it was the forum before I saw the note, warning Sonic fans are... diverse

Yep saw it, edited it back, it took me like 3 times to get the vid to work so thought it was the forum before I saw the note, warning Sonic fans are... diverse
    It's a matter of perspective really.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

Happy new year from Sweden.

Hope y'all have a good one.

Abridged Alucard is surprisingly good at giving motivational speeches.

Well thank **** that's over.

Happy 2017, everyone!