Page 968 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 468868918958964965966967968969970971972978101810681468 ... LastLast
Results 14,506 to 14,520 of 23324

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    I think people are mostly salty about the whole SJW thing that might be going around revolving the show. I don't really care but not going to touch on that since....I just don't care.

To me, it's probably because after so long, I...Don't really know how to respond since it's Trek...But I'm not getting the Trek feel just yet.

Though I think it'll be actually be surprising once the show finally shows a lot more. But right now, I'm mostly okay with it coming out.

...It'll be kinda bitching if we see Robert April or Christopher Pike though.

Speaking of Pike.

....God that comic always depresses me.
    ...It's Star Trek. Besides the original series, it's the most SJW sci-fi show in the public consciousness. I swear, it's long past the point where people barely catch a sniff of a prominent female action role before crying out that it's too in their face.

Thanks for the info.

What would be your issue with Pike?

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    ...It's Star Trek. Besides the original series, it's the most SJW sci-fi show in the public consciousness. I swear, it's long past the point where people barely catch a sniff of a prominent female action role before crying out that it's too in their face.

Thanks for the info.

What would be your issue with Pike?
    Yeah, the SJW talk really baffles me but that's them.

As for Pike, I grew to enjoy Pike despite how short lived both versions are.

The comic showing his crippling that then leads to a TOS episode really...made me sad because you can see how Pike is that guy who really weighs on his choices and he really is bummed when a crew member dies on his watch.

Edit: when I say bitching, I mean awesome lol
    Last edited by Iron_Twister; 09-20-2017 at 08:57 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    I swear, it's long past the point where people barely catch a sniff of a prominent female action role before crying out that it's too in their face.
    Is that the problem people are having? That there's a female central character in an action/adventure series? Or is it because it's in Star Trek?

Gah.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Is that the problem people are having? That there's a female central character in an action/adventure series? Or is it because it's in Star Trek?

Gah.
    Wasn't Janeway exactly that?

The biggest problem people have with the series is that CBS is hiding it behind their paywall streaming service that no one uses

the other criticism I consider valid(not the sjw one) is that despite trying to promote it as being in the prime timeline they make no effort whatsoever to make it look like it, the entire style doesn't look Star Trek. The Klingon design is bizarre(imo awful), and some details from filming make me think their so called continuity experts have no flipping clue what they're talking about(apparently there was some flap about one of the characters saying oh my God or something because religion isn't supposed to exist anymore, even though references like that are everywhere in every trek series ever, never mind the entire flipping plot of movie 5)

Honestly the Orville right now is filling my Star Trek itch quite nicely, it feels like I'm watching TNG again
    Last edited by Hiromi; 09-20-2017 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    The biggest problem people have with the series is that CBS is hiding it behind their paywall streaming service that no one uses

the other criticism I consider valid(not the sjw one) is that despite trying to promote it as being in the prime timeline they make no effort whatsoever to make it look like it, the entire style doesn't look Star Trek. The Klingon design is bizarre(imo awful), and some details from filming make me think their so called continuity experts have no flipping clue what they're talking about(apparently there was some flap about one of the characters saying oh my God or something because religion isn't supposed to exist anymore, even though references like that are everywhere in every trek series ever, never mind the entire flipping plot of movie 5)

Honestly the Orville right now is filling my Star Trek itch quite nicely, it feels like I'm watching TNG again
    Right, there is that. I recall that there is an explanation about the Klingons the Senzhou encounters and focused on are from a Great House that didn't fully associate themselves with the rest of the Empire. Which also explains their kinda religious tones...That I heard of but whateves.

The paywall is one hell of an issue because paying for a service just to see one show...Is a turn off alright.

I will admit....I'm surprised as hell Harry Mudd is in Discovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yeah...Again baffles me of the stuff going on now.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yeah, but from the little I saw of her Janeway was just an annoying character, period. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yeah, but from the little I saw of her Janeway was just an annoying character, period. ^_^
    She also...questionably insane.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    She also...questionably insane.
    That she is, my angry friend.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    To be honest it dosn't seem that bad to me. Nothing special mind you, just a harmless piece of dumb fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    That she is, my angry friend.
    Hey, I'm not angry. I'm just excessively voracious.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Hey, I'm not angry. I'm just excessively voracious.
    Hangry, then.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan