Page 972 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 472872922962968969970971972973974975976982102210721472 ... LastLast
Results 14,566 to 14,580 of 23324

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Man what did Joker do to deserve tha... oh yeah, never mind

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    And while I'm here, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLH!

Thanks Guy
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-22-2017 at 11:51 AM. Reason: quote the wrong post on accident.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    someone did a living reading of all the free chapters. there was one point in the book that was so mind-numbingly stupid that he gave up and walked out of his house.

on her way from the store, theresa is stopped by some men in black cars and taken to a secret government base. the reason? to be executed. but as a condemned woman, she is treated like a guest and made very comfortable. she is left alone in the cafeteria, where she sees this cooler with bottles of coke in them. so she takes a garbage bag and fills it with those coke bottles and carries it with her. the guards just..........allow her to bring this bag along. then she is loaded aboard a twin engine prop plane where she is told how she will be executed. not by hanging, firing squad, electric chair, gas chamber or lethal injections. oh no. theresa will be put on a plane with A FRIGGIN ATOM BOMB!

they land on a aircraft carrier, where they give her a flight suit for no reason and even teach her how to deal with take-offs and landings. remember, she's gonna be executed soon.

so they put her on a F-88 and flown into the sky and guess what? she still has the trash bag full of coke bottles! no one even bats an eye why she has them!

anyway, in the air, she starts to pull out the bottles, pour out the coke, duct tape the tops and stuffs them into her flight suit. then she pops the canopy and jumps out of the jet. the atom bomb goes off a little while later and she belly flops into the ocean.

let me repeat that: this 18 year old girl jumps out of a F-88, flying at least mach 3, at 40,000 ft in the sky, and belly flops in the ocean with no parachutes or anything to slow her fall at all.
    Okay... that's really stupid. Like, those guys are really stupid. Which makes me believe even more that this is all a troll job that is either very, very elaborate or spiraled completely out of control.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Okay... that's really stupid. Like, those guys are really stupid. Which makes me believe even more that this is all a troll job that is either very, very elaborate or spiraled completely out of control.
    I mean ignoring the fact that this is beyond idiotic; the F-88 (of which I'm assuming is THIS one), is straight up just gonna kill her ass without no training.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Pennywise flosses his teeth with the Joker's bones.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    ....oooooh kay. Good lord, even Lara Croft would call shenanigans on that.
    Like, seriously? These guys sound about as dumb as the Psychlos. Perhaps even dumber.
    I'm sending Kira to clean this mess up.
    btw, the government organization that is watching theresa is called The Office of Orbital Phenomena Surveillance. or..........OOPS. i am not making that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    if this is a troll job, then it's a masterful one. but after reading the comment war in amazon, which was so big that it broke the amazon comment limit which is about 100 pages, i doubt it. norman tells contradictions about his book, about its themes and even about his own life. then there's the fact that he hates other, way more successful authors. the main two? harper lee and stephen king. he compares his book to "to kill a mockingbird", even though they are entirely different genres. and he goes on amazon to made negative comments about king's books. if he's a troll, then he's gone to extreme lengths to be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean ignoring the fact that this is beyond idiotic; the F-88 (of which I'm assuming is THIS one), is straight up just gonna kill her ass without no training.
    i looked it up afterwards. and yeah, it makes no sense. pretty much the entire book is like that. and don't get me started on how she brought peace to the middle-east.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

let me repeat that: this 18 year old girl jumps out of a F-88, flying at least mach 3, at 40,000 ft in the sky, and belly flops in the ocean with no parachutes or anything to slow her fall at all.
    Well to be fair you DID say the computer thing gave her superpowers. SO maybe it can shield her or whatever.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Circa Survive's newest album, The Amulet, is their best to date. They really played with duality, attempting to blend opposing styles; while using the vocals- Anthony Green what with his soft falsetto that can instantly transition into growly, screamy, whispery.. ness- as a baseline. And speaking of bass, it really shines through, providing weight as the lyrics, guitar work, and vocals build to a crescendo as the album progresses, leading you into the somber and melancholic finish.

Definitely a darker piece of work, though.

Songs I'd recommend?

Lustration
    Premonitions of the Hex
    Stay (no link yet, sadly)
    Flesh and Bone (no link yet, sadly)
    The Amulet
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Well to be fair you DID say the computer thing gave her superpowers. SO maybe it can shield her or whatever.
    thought of that. though the whole ordeal, she never uses a single one of her powers.

thought of that. though the whole ordeal, she never uses a single one of her powers.
    I'm just thinking they were subconscious, hence why the army thought they needed to nuke her to get rid of the alien supercomputer...

I'm just thinking they were subconscious, hence why the army thought they needed to nuke her to get rid of the alien supercomputer...
    that's the problem. they don't understand how HAL works. (theresa named the computer HAL for obvious reasons)

just forget it, munchy. you can't bring common sense or proper story telling to this.

that's the problem. they don't understand how HAL works. (theresa named the computer HAL for obvious reasons)

just forget it, munchy. you can't bring common sense or proper story telling to this.
    *Shrug*

I was just guessing and extrapolating from what you said, I never read it.

*Shrug*

I was just guessing and extrapolating from what you said, I never read it.

Extraordinary Member

One Piece: Nice chapter, the story moves along at good pace, Pudding gets to show more of her super tsundere side, Pedro's sacifice is rendered tragically moot and Luffy is in a tough spot.

But what I enjoyed the most was Jinbei's interaction with the crew. He kept a level head and made sure that the others focused on the mission at hand. I do look forward to how he'll interact with the crew in their more laid back moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    One Piece: Nice chapter, the story moves along at good pace, Pudding gets to show more of her super tsundere side, Pedro's sacifice is rendered tragically moot and Luffy is in a tough spot.

But what I enjoyed the most was Jinbei's interaction with the crew. He kept a level head and made sure that the others focused on the mission at hand. I do look forward to how he'll interact with the crew in their more laid back moments.
    And controlling the current might just be a hint at his role I'm the crew, though I dunno what that would be exactly.

Sanji's group better hurry up and make that cake fast though...