Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    They showed the Nazi hunter stuff in First Class, he spent the first half of the film hunting Nazis. Also I think making Magneto a KGB agent might be hard to square with what we saw in First Class, you think he would have mentioned that when he was taking the CIA into Russia.
    They showed like two scenes of him actually hunting Nazi's (the bank scene and the bar scene in Argentina). The rest all occurs offscreen. So no, you could definitely do more with that.

Incredible Member

Loki, Doctor Doom, Magneto...playing poker .

Thunderbolts - natch. we've already seen a proto Abe and Melissa; it was night owl and silk spectre in watchman.

Taskmaster/Deadpool teamup - an ocean 11's type heist movie. Throw in Ghost and Techno if you don't do thunderbolts.

Looks like DC is hitting it first:

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/su...ot-1201368867/

Joker and Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Doctor Doom. Done right.
    I think so too..

BANNED

Doctor Doom's Surprising Origins!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Anti-Man could, if you scratched all of the Ewing characterization points and stuck to Grevioux original interpretation of the character as a man who felt like he was saving the majority class from itself. Maybe have the looming presence of Captain America -- if not the man himself -- somehow factor into this conceit of America that doesn't quite reconcile with Conner's upbringing and social influences. Since we've never met Conner's wife or children, there is an opportunity there to introduce grief-triggers that explain his actions. (Conner and his wife could be one of the unsuccessful precursors for Loving v. Virginia.) Ultimately, the point is to show just why the system is just as detrimental to Conner's people as it is to those that it seeks to exclude, disenfranchise and/or oppress. At the end Conner winds up developing an anti-matter bomb that is sufficiently powerful to destroy the world … and there's no one there to stop him from exploding the device. (Blue Marvel, at this point, was last seen heading into outer space to stop an invading extraterrestrial armada and hasn't been seen since.) A question keeps replaying in Conner's head, something he saw on television (flashback to Little House on the Prairie “The Wisdom of Solomon” episode, key line paraphrased): "As a person who loves life and who loves this country as it is, which would you choose -- to live 50 years as a White Man, or 100 years as a Black Man?" (Note: this would be the only time throughout the entire film that race is directly referenced.) Ultimately, Connor poses the question to a bystander. Whether or not he triggers the device hinges on their answer. Unfortunately, he's at a rally mostly attended by individuals on the far right of the political spectrum. Just as the person voices their answer, the screen goes white before fading to black. We already know the answer. And so, too, does Conner.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 05-09-2020 at 01:57 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

The Hood was given an origin story that would translate easily to a Netflix series. I don’t know about a movie though. I guess that you could avoid using some of the more fx intensive villains. But a lot of characters who cropped up around this time were movie pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Doctor Doom. Done right. I would love something akin to Netflix's House of Cards and Frank Underwood, a 13 part TV series taking inspiration from Ed Brubaker's excellent 'Fantastic Four: Books of Doom' mini series which explores the rise to power of Marvel's Greatest Super Villain, from Gypsy Child to Gifted Student to Wanderer to taking over Latveria, maybe coupled with his first encounters with the Fantastic Four. Explore the grand scope of his worlds coupled with his burning desires to rescue his mother's soul and his self belief that he should rule.
    Couldn't agree more. I have to admit, I was a little jealous in the years of (Fox) X-Men movies, the one that featured Magneto's origin? I really don't feel like any other villain on the planet should be more respected than Doom. Doom's origin story was the first that rung home for me as one I empathized with and on some level I rooted for (Ok, I'll be honest. He's the only villain I would root for against all my favorite heroes). Any thought to which actor is capable of interpreting Doom?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    The Hood was given an origin story that would translate easily to a Netflix series.
    I think going forward that Disney will only develop these shows for their own streaming services. So Netflix is out, unless someday Disney buys Netflix. But maybe Disney would consider something for the Freeform TV channels???
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Yeah, the Hood would have been great alongside the Netflix shows.
    He still has a lot of potential...I feel like the comics still haven’t done his niche justice yet