Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    You got me. The only guy I know of is this fine chap from the current Ms. Marvel run.
    Attachment 13713

A clone of Thomas Edison with cyborg limbs and a bird's head who goes around kidnapping children and turning them into batteries for his robots... nothing even remotely anti-hero worthy with this guy no matter how you slice it.
    lol, that is hilariously awesome! (and awesomely hilarious!)

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

LOKI deserves his own movie hands down. Also I would prefer Daken to have his own movie. That is if they use Daniel Way's comics as the source material.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    LOKI deserves his own movie hands down. Also I would prefer Daken to have his own movie. That is if they use Daniel Way's comics as the source material.
    Daniel Way *and Marjorie Liu's* comics, haha. And I totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    The only Loki movie they would make would be a retelling of Journey into Mystery. And I'm not ready for that, nor do I think Disney would make a movie about a ghost/clone concocting the most elaborate murder scheme in history to kill a young child.
    Oh, that'd be so complicated ... you would need to incorporate the relevant parts of Siege and Fear Itself and Thor v3 ... I mean maybe you could do that, but certainly not in a 2-hour movie. That would be too short a time to explain everything and also get attached to Kid Loki and see him become a hero. Maybe in a TV show - it might work since you'd mostly be using a child actor instead of Tom Hiddleston.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Honestly I've never really been able to take the white dress seriously either. It's time to give her a different costume imo, more fitting the situation.
    What about an outfit like this from her solo series? And now in red!
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Oh, that'd be so complicated ... you would need to incorporate the relevant parts of Siege and Fear Itself and Thor v3 ... I mean maybe you could do that, but certainly not in a 2-hour movie. That would be too short a time to explain everything and also get attached to Kid Loki and see him become a hero. Maybe in a TV show - it might work since you'd mostly be using a child actor instead of Tom Hiddleston.
    I think the most likely way to do this would be to wait until the main Avengers cast are no longer viable. Aka, actually kill off Tom Hiddleston's Loki at the end of whatever movie (which could be as easy as Thor 3:Ragnarok) with a similarly heroic-ish sacrifice, and then introduce the next film as Journey into Mystery. Either way, it'll be quite some time before anything in the MCU is set up to tackle that storyline, but I'd definitely go see it if they do manage it.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I certainly would not mind a Winter Soldier film where he is the villain. There's so much CATWS hinted at and never showed, that would be fun.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Warp Spasm View Post
    I certainly would not mind a Winter Soldier film where he is the villain. There's so much CATWS hinted at and never showed, that would be fun.
    This would be really cool, it would also make a really good Agent Carter episode.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Daniel Way *and Marjorie Liu's* comics, haha. And I totally agree!

They wouldn't need to get ALL the details the same. Like any movie adaptation, it would have to be altered, there's no way around it. Like, they don't need to do Siege before it, just.... have him die, somehow. It doesn't matter how, really, as long as it can be reasoned that he planned for it to happen and it looks vaguely heroic. They could incorporate it into one of the Thor or Avengers movies with little trouble, I'm sure. The Fear Itself stuff is trickier to lose, though, it's woven into the narrative pretty tightly. But yeah, it is a long story, so... if they were to capture the whole cascading clusterfuck thing that was happening with the book, where he kept solving problems but creating the next problem in the process until he could no longer escape it, you probably would need more space than a movie could provide.

But I don't think they would go for this because it would mean Hilddleston would not be in it, they'd have to cast some probably unknown kid. Fans of the movie Loki are quite often Hiddleston fans more than they are fans of the character, .

Quote Originally Posted by CMain453 View Post
    I feel like Magneto's back story has been explored enough by now. My vote would be a Dr Doom film (done well please) or maybe a Hellfire Club film? I know it would probably never happen, but I think it could be interesting. Obviously Mystique would be most likely (unless you count deadpool as a villain, which I don't) and I have no problems with this.
    Well, it could be its own versión of what happened with Magda and Anya, or his time as a Nazi Hunter, or KGB Agent.

The Black Queen Selene already headlined her own film series with the Underworld series!

Lightbulb Cobra Gate

I'd like to expand my notion about a movie about Storm Shadow, the evil ninja assassin agent who works for Cobra, the terrorist organization that vies with the valiant G.I. Joes in the paramilitary fantasy-adventure franchise "G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero" (Hasbro).

Movies about villainy are not unheard of. The iconic Hollywood (USA) film "The Omen" (1976) starring Gregory Peck presents an eerie doomsday scenario tale purely about the AntiChrist, the adversary of Jesus Christ in Christian parables.

The various agents of Cobra seem to parallel various apocalyptic villainous characters in the Bible, and why not? --- Cobra is after all a very symbolic terrorism pedagoguery outfit.

I can imagine that Serpentor, a genetically-engineered evil super-soldier, Cobra Commander, a vile and sly schemer, and the Baroness, a wily and dangerous female consultant for Cobra, could join Storm Shadow (portrayed by Keanu Reeves!) in a Guy Ritchie directed doomsday legion themed Hollywood (USA) film perhaps titled "Cobra Hive" (and perhaps starring Jude Law as Serpentor, Haley Joel Osment as Cobra Commander, and Anne Hathaway as the Baroness!). Maybe the film could explore Cobra's creepy exploitation of the corruptible American city.

Such a film could inspire feature films for each of the above-mentioned Cobra agents.

Cobra represents dangerous ambition as it applies to terrorism. How does unmitigated ambition create metaphoric AntiChrists? Such a premise could serve as the creative basis for a presentation of a proverbial 'daredevil gate.'

Writing about this stuff is making me feel better about Planet Hollywood steaks.

Cobra

cobra.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Warp Spasm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by super-turtle View Post
    This would be really cool, it would also make a really good Agent Carter episode.
    I was thinking about the Winter Soldier earlier, and how he'd work really well in a solo film. Though showing up on Agent Carter? That's just brilliant.

I really hope someone at Marvel/Disney/Netflix is scamming these boards, because that's an idea worth stealing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, it could be its own versión of what happened with Magda and Anya, or his time as a Nazi Hunter, or KGB Agent.
    They showed the Nazi hunter stuff in First Class, he spent the first half of the film hunting Nazis. Also I think making Magneto a KGB agent might be hard to square with what we saw in First Class, you think he would have mentioned that when he was taking the CIA into Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    They showed the Nazi hunter stuff in First Class, he spent the first half of the film hunting Nazis. Also I think making Magneto a KGB agent might be hard to square with what we saw in First Class, you think he would have mentioned that when he was taking the CIA into Russia.
    Well, he was kind of a Double Reverse Quadruple Agent back then.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    What about an outfit like this from her solo series? And now in red!
    That's better (although I'd probably make the shirt just a little bit longer). I prefer the black version, but the red is cool to.