Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Digital Comics Shop closing down June 2

Some odd news. The Marvel Digital Comics Shop closes on June 2nd, after which you'll have to use the Marvel app or Comixology instead.
    https://www.newsarama.com/50135-marv...ting-down.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Some odd news. The Marvel Digital Comics Shop closes on June 2nd, after which you'll have to use the Marvel app or Comixology instead.
    https://www.newsarama.com/50135-marv...ting-down.html
    Sad, this is sad

Mighty Member

Is this Marvel Unlimited also that we are talking about?

No, just the digital comic shop.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

MU has a different format and presentation. I've read the single issues using both the store and unlimited so unless there is more news about the latter it shouldn't be affected.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

This really isn't that big of a deal. Marvel's site is pretty much built on Comixology's platform so it's not like anything is going to change. I'm sure Marvel will still have a link on their web page that will just redirect to Comixology. They even made it that If you have a Comixology account, you can merge that with your Marvel one.

Quote Originally Posted by youthoftoday View Post
    This really isn't that big of a deal. Marvel's site is pretty much built on Comixology's platform so it's not like anything is going to change. I'm sure Marvel will still have a link on their web page that will just redirect to Comixology. They even made it that If you have a Comixology account, you can merge that with your Marvel one.
    I want to believe this too. Would be nice for them to say something about MU though.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

It seems like they are just getting rid of a platform that probably became redundant for them.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-09-2020 at 12:25 AM.

Comixology raised the price of comics a few monthes ago, at least where I live (France). So I shifted to purchasing them on the Marvel shop.
    So the fact it's closing is very bad news for me. And I don't have a smartphone, so no Marvel app.

Guess the days of being a good little customer and purchasing the comics I wanted to read every wednesday are over.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Am I going to lose all my digital comics when they decide to stop supporting it altogether?

Can I transfer them to comixology or do I have to re-buy them all?
    Baby Thanos

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    Am I going to lose all my digital comics when they decide to stop supporting it altogether?

You can link a Comixology account and have them all on there

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBH3 View Post
    I want to believe this too. Would be nice for them to say something about MU though.
    Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post

See the FAQ they posted. MU is a separate platform and is unaffected.

Marvel and Comixology accounts can be merged.

[URL="https://www.marvel.com/help/category/24"]

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Comixology raised the price of comics a few monthes ago, at least where I live (France). So I shifted to purchasing them on the Marvel shop.
    So the fact it's closing is very bad news for me. And I don't have a smartphone, so no Marvel app.

Guess the days of being a good little customer and purchasing the comics I wanted to read every wednesday are over.
    Those price rises weren't to do with tax were they? The UK had a price increase, but now the prices have dropped by 20% because the VAT on digital publishing got axed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by youthoftoday View Post
    Yeah in hindsight, the fact that they allowed users to redeem comixology versions of their books was probably the early sign that they were going to pull their digital store.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Those price rises weren't to do with tax were they? The UK had a price increase, but now the prices have dropped by 20% because the VAT on digital publishing got axed.
    I'm not aware of this tax issue.
    Singles are still at 4,49€ on Comixology, and 3,99€ on Marvel.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way