Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Doctor Doom, if done right. He's a terrific villain and such a fun character.

And ditto for Mister Sinister.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Well is his childhood before he gets imprisoned the Nazis really that relevant? It seems like the beginnings of Magneto in the movie universe start with Shaw killing his mother. I'm not sure how Magneto life as a peasant in Eastern Europe before that is really important.
    Well, that depends on if you a summer blockbuster or an depressing oscar-bait.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, that depends on if you a summer blockbuster or an depressing oscar-bait.
    I think they are going to go with Summer blockbuster here, I think First Class was about as much what they were going to do with Magneto's back story and really First Class did a good job with balancing the fun stuff with the depressing stuff. I don't see much of a point of seeing Magneto before he was imprisoned by the Nazis, really X-Men First Class gave him a full circle character arc, adding more stuff in after the fact will make things more convoluted, not better, IMO.

I think they are going to go with Summer blockbuster here, I think First Class was about as much what they were going to do with Magneto's back story and really First Class did a good job with balancing the fun stuff with the depressing stuff. I don't see much of a point of seeing Magneto before he was imprisoned by the Nazis, really X-Men First Class gave him a full circle character arc, adding more stuff in after the fact will make things more convoluted, not better, IMO.
    Or well, they always can use the rest of Magneto's backstory, and placing it between after DotFP and before the first X-men movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Seeing as how DoFP has started to make Mystique a little more sympathetic and self-reliant compared to her past movie portrayals as Magneto's mute hench-wench, I'd say seeing her get a film that explores what makes her tick would go over well about now. Perhaps a kind of Ocean's 11 scenario where she and and a Brotherhood of Mutants are plotting a big heist. It would give Mystique the chance to prove herself as a master planner, leader, and manipulator like she is in the comics.

Just one thing I would want... put her in the damn white dress already! No one's gonna take her seriously when she's strutting in the nude all the time.
    That would be really cool, I hadn't thought of that! And yes, seeing her in the white dress would be absolutely amazing. That's the Mystique look I grew up with and it would be really awesome to see it in one of the live-action movies.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Warp Spasm View Post
    And ditto for Mister Sinister.
    I'm dying for an issue where Sinister and High Evolutionary are science pen pals and on a first name basis. They can marvel at perfect alleles together.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Or well, they always can use the rest of Magneto's backstory, and placing it between after DotFP and before the first X-men movie.
    Okay, so what would he do in that intervening time and how would you have him have a character arc that is not redundant compared to the one he had in X-Men First Class? Who would he even fight, I think using Nazis again would be just recycling the same story from FC. I actually think First Class was pretty good Magneto movie overall.

Okay, so what would he do in that intervening time and how would you have him have a character arc that is not redundant compared to the one he had in X-Men First Class? Who would he even fight, I think using Nazis again would be just recycling the same story from FC. I actually think First Class was pretty good Magneto movie overall.
    I feel like Magneto's back story has been explored enough by now. My vote would be a Dr Doom film (done well please) or maybe a Hellfire Club film? I know it would probably never happen, but I think it could be interesting. Obviously Mystique would be most likely (unless you count deadpool as a villain, which I don't) and I have no problems with this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CMain453 View Post
    I feel like Magneto's back story has been explored enough by now. My vote would be a Dr Doom film (done well please) or maybe a Hellfire Club film? I know it would probably never happen, but I think it could be interesting. Obviously Mystique would be most likely (unless you count deadpool as a villain, which I don't) and I have no problems with this.
    They already had the Hellfire Club in the movies, at this point Sebastian Shaw and Emma Frost are dead and the Club is disbanded. Not much left to do with them.

Doom, Loki and Magneto obviously.

Others that could do well would be the Enchantress from Thor (as loveable rogue), the Pride from The Runaways (as a ensemble group) and not sure if they count as villains but Dr. Ock during the Superior Spider-Man era and a Zemo led Thunderbolts team would also probably work well with the right direction.

Niffleheim

Hydra based film would be great I would pay $55 a ticket just to watch it. Hail Hydra.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Seeing as how DoFP has started to make Mystique a little more sympathetic and self-reliant compared to her past movie portrayals as Magneto's mute hench-wench, I'd say seeing her get a film that explores what makes her tick would go over well about now. Perhaps a kind of Ocean's 11 scenario where she and and a Brotherhood of Mutants are plotting a big heist. It would give Mystique the chance to prove herself as a master planner, leader, and manipulator like she is in the comics.

Just one thing I would want... put her in the damn white dress already! No one's gonna take her seriously when she's strutting in the nude all the time.
    Honestly I've never really been able to take the white dress seriously either. It's time to give her a different costume imo, more fitting the situation.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Honestly I've never really been able to take the white dress seriously either. It's time to give her a different costume imo, more fitting the situation.
    I feel like I remember seeing Kris Anka do a design for her that was a riff on the Brian K Vaughn-era costume. That one seemed like it would work great in the books and maybe even in the films with some tweaking. I'm confused as to why she's in the white dress these days, though. Everyone in the X-Men books seems to get a new outfit each issue, and she's the only one still in her classic look.

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    Taskmaster.

Funny, oddly tragic, with plenty of fight scenes.
    Taskmaster would make a great movie. Maybe he can be in this Deadpool movie they keep promising and get a sweet set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Post Monster View Post
    It helps if the villain is a victim with some legitimate issue that he audience can sympathize with beyond the villainous agenda. Magneto and Loki are both broken characters who react based on past trauma, and both have lots of humanizing moments that let readers see them as people. Any villain Marvel has developed enough to make them a person and not just monsters to be beaten would work.
    Agreed, Loki is a very chaotic character with enormous potential. He's arguably one of the smartest characters in the Marvel Universe and very much has his own code. Loki is unique in that he makes a despicable villain in one series and an admirable protagonist in another while still being somewhat true to his character.

One villain I think could have a decent movie, or at least one of those shorts they did for the Mandarin is Crossbones. He's the perfect scumbag in the comics and I thought that one Thunderbolts featurette they did with the Roanoke virus type deal was really cool. I like the idea of him having no choice but to use his skills for a little bit of good. In Captain America 2, they wrote him really well and had me wondering the MCU version of his backstory. Given Frank Grillo's success in the Purge 2, I actually think they could pull of at least a short feature about Crossbones in the future. I did hear he's supposed to have a pretty big part in Cap 3 though.

Extraordinary Member

The only Loki movie they would make would be a retelling of Journey into Mystery. And I'm not ready for that, nor do I think Disney would make a movie about a ghost/clone concocting the most elaborate murder scheme in history to kill a young child.