Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Perhaps Mayhem (April Parker) actually did survive and secretly switched places with Peter to be the sacrificial Spider while he got out of dodge. Being part-symbiote, shapeshifting is natural for her.
    An interesting idea. However, It is positing the possession of highly specialized information by April; And it still leaves us with a Peter who abandoned his family when they needed him most.
    Life is the algorithm through which Goddess explores the infinite possibilities of Her own existence.

BANNED

Unless SpOck put him under mind-control or something when he refused to leave his family behind upon recruitment...

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Unless SpOck put him under mind-control or something when he refused to leave his family behind upon recruitment...

Dagnabit! I thoughts folks would LOVE this tongue-in-cheek, half baked idea cooked up in the middle of the night with very little forethought! ;P
    I love comics and make art. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARose...9658123?ref=hl

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by arosenbarger View Post
    Dagnabit! I thoughts folks would LOVE this tongue-in-cheek, half baked idea cooked up in the middle of the night with very little forethought! ;P
    Yeah, I mean, I'm fairly certain that's how Superior got approved

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Yeah, I mean, I'm fairly certain that's how Superior got approved
    ZING!

Well played, sir, well played.
    I love comics and make art. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARose...9658123?ref=hl

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Spider View Post
    An interesting idea. However, It is positing the possession of highly specialized information by April; And it still leaves us with a Peter who abandoned his family when they needed him most.
    Not only did this Peter Parker abandon his family, he's go back in time to seduce his first girlfriend while being much older than her. I'm kinda sure this is not a story Dan Slott wants to explore, nor does it seem like one Spider-Girl fans would be happy about.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

…And yet, Slott had no problem having SpOck rape Peter and Anna Maria, have Silk be content to abuse the spider-pheromones to get any version of Peter to sleep with her, and then Mayday's motivation in Spider-Verse is to avenge her murdered father.

You seriously think that this is the kind of story where Slott would have limits?

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Just a side comment but if I went back in time to meet my teenage self, I'd slap the piss out of him too.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    …And yet, Slott had no problem having SpOck rape Peter and Anna Maria, have Silk be content to abuse the spider-pheromones to get any version of Peter to sleep with her, and then Mayday's motivation in Spider-Verse is to avenge her murdered father.

You seriously think that this is the kind of story where Slott would have limits?
    Yup. I also have a very different interpretation of the other stories.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Yup. I also have a very different interpretation of the other stories.
    Holy snikes I did not expect that.

I honestly just wanted a half baked way (half baked=not really well thought out) way to be bring MC2 Peter back.

If I could go back in time to meet my younger self...well, they made a movie about it - Back to the Future II.

And yet, Slott had no problem having SpOck rape Peter and Anna Maria, have Silk be content to abuse the spider-pheromones to get any version of Peter to sleep with her, and then Mayday's motivation in Spider-Verse is to avenge her murdered father.

In what Universe did these imaginary events alledgedly occur? They surely didn't occur in any published Marvel Comic that I am aware of.

I don't understand why you are talking about Rape.

Regarding Mayday, Yes, Of course she is angry. Did you really expect another reaction?
    Life is the algorithm through which Goddess explores the infinite possibilities of Her own existence.

BANNED

In what Universe did these imaginary events alledgedly occur? They surely didn't occur in any published Marvel Comic that I am aware of.

I don't understand why you are talking about Rape.

Regarding Mayday, Yes, Of course she is angry. Did you really expect another reaction?
    When SpOck used Peter's to sleep with Anna Maria, Peter's body was being used without his consent, while Anna Maria was unaware that she was sleeping with Doctor Octopus. You could maybe talk about how the situation with Peter is so weird that he himself wasn't raped, but for Anna Maria, it's rape by fraud. As for Silk, as soon as she meets the other Peters in Spider-Verse, she goes around them, trying to "trigger" the spider-pheromones just to see if it will cause a reaction like what happens with her in 616 Peter. In other words, she was trying to see which one she could forcibly have attracted to her.

I'm talking about rape because Mets had pointed out that, if an older Peter were to travel back in time to date Betty, the age gap would be alarming, and he's right. I'm just saying that if Slott is willing to include elements of rape basically to set up "gags" (Anna Maria recognizing that Peter is Spider-Man because she's seen his naked body, or how Silk acting like she's found a harem of Peters for her), then I really can't see that age gap being something he'd be disturbed by.

Mayday's reaction makes sense, but I was responding to Mets' comments about a kind of story Spider-Girl fans would be happy with. I don't think they'd exactly be happy with MC2 Peter being dead.

a harem of Peters
    Spider-Verse: XXX tie-in?

The multiverse needs a Spider-Pimp.

When SpOck used Peter's to sleep with Anna Maria, Peter's body was being used without his consent, while Anna Maria was unaware that she was sleeping with Doctor Octopus. You could maybe talk about how the situation with Peter is so weird that he himself wasn't raped, but for Anna Maria, it's rape by fraud. As for Silk, as soon as she meets the other Peters in Spider-Verse, she goes around them, trying to "trigger" the spider-pheromones just to see if it will cause a reaction like what happens with her in 616 Peter. In other words, she was trying to see which one she could forcibly have attracted to her.

I'm talking about rape because Mets had pointed out that, if an older Peter were to travel back in time to date Betty, the age gap would be alarming, and he's right. I'm just saying that if Slott is willing to include elements of rape basically to set up "gags" (Anna Maria recognizing that Peter is Spider-Man because she's seen his naked body, or how Silk acting like she's found a harem of Peters for her), then I really can't see that age gap being something he'd be disturbed by.
    I can actually see your point in regards to Peter. The Violation of Peter's Mind and Life by Otto could be considered akin to Rape. I pretty much disagree with rhe rest. However, I am not going to debate those points here.

I fear that we have unwittingly hijacked what Arosenbarger intended to be a light hearted discussion and dragged it into darker territory. I am going to bow out of any further discussions of Rape in this thread.

My Apologies to all.
    Mayday's reaction makes sense, but I was responding to Mets' comments about a kind of story Spider-Girl fans would be happy with. I don't think they'd exactly be happy with MC2 Peter being dead.
    Well, I suspect that many of us aren't happy with Poppa-Peter's death. Hopefully we'll come up with a workable solution. After all, Spidey specializes in pulling off the impossible and making it look easy. Go Spidey! Go!

An easy but possibly unsatisfying solution is to simply assume that the character's in Spider-Verse are actually MC3 Peter, MJ,Mayday and Benjy; And that MC2 Mayday is still living happily ever after with Momma, Poppa and family because the Inheritors haven't reached her World.

BANNED

An easy but possibly unsatisfying solution is to simply assume that the character's in Spider-Verse are actually MC3 Peter, MJ,Mayday and Benjy; And that MC2 Mayday is still living happily ever after with Momma, Poppa and family because the Inheritors haven't reached her World.
    This. It helps that there is conflicting continuity issues with Spider-Girl (the 2017/1996 time-scale conundrum, the contradicting origin flashbacks in her first appearance and later amended recounting in her ongoings, Frenz pointing out the errors in ASM#8) as well as several different versions of her with the same status quoe (UK Mayday), so it's pretty much left up to interpretation.