Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How much money do you spend on comics?

How much money do you spend on comics?
    Which publishers do you spend your money on? Marvel? DC? Image?
    Which format do you spent your money on? TPB? Digital?

Not as much as I'd like, but more than I probably should.
    Some Marvel, some Image, some IDW, some this, some that. I don't choose my comics by publisher, I go with what interests me.
    TPB/HC only these days.
    Last edited by Spike-X; 11-28-2014 at 05:08 PM.

Fantastic Member

Too much..
    Currently Marvel, Image & Dynamite. Sometimes other Indies & Vertigo.
    Floppies & Digital mostly but sometimes TPBs, usually if I really like a comic (I'm buying the current Ms. Marvel as floppies, but I also bought the TPB so I don't have to keep getting the issues out to share and\or re-read, for example).

Previously, more than I should have. I would drop about $40+ a week on floppies and the occasional TPB. Now I'm typically at about $25 a month, usually Marvel books. I'll treat myself to a TPB once in a while though.

Reader 1st, Collector 2nd Captain_Arrow's Avatar

I have been averaging about $75 a week and I have to knock that down to about $50 or I might be moving out to the garage(NO HEAT!). Seriously though Ive gotta cut back. I read Marvel, Image, and DC in floppie and TPB.

About $50 to $60 Dollars per month, although it tends to go up a little when events come out.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I used to buy about $30-40 a week. Now I've cut down to $15-25 a week. I make up the difference by checking TPBs out of the library. I recently checked out DIAL H VOL. 1, and SPIDER-MEN.

15$-30$ a week, mostly Marvel and Image now.

Too much.

averages between $240-$300 a month (that's with a healthy discount, and free shipping from my store of choice).

No Marvel, very light DC, heavy on Image, Dark Horse, Boom!, and indie books.

I buy floppies and the occasional trade.
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Usually under $15 a month for mostly independents. I buy all formats depending on the title.

For example, I double dip with Image's Rasputin (physical and digital = at least for this first arc) and physical for Boom's Escape from New York and Robocop (Robo I will probably stop after issue 7.)

Digital and hardcover for 2000ad when a Slaine story is included. I'll buy the 3 month digital 2000ad subscription for $33 or so. And then double dip when the hard cover of that Slaine storyline is published. Next month will be an expensive comics month because of the Slaine hard cover.

As I only buy an occasional Marvel digitally every few months now, (i.e. when an issue of Moon Knight feels like the mid aughts run), I am doing just fine without many Marvel titles I lamented losing with the character shifts/price increases etc.
    Last edited by Lady Warp Spasm; 11-29-2014 at 08:06 AM.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Extraordinary Member

I try to keep it around $20 a week on average. There are periods, like the last couple months, where I go way over budget.

Currently i am buying mostly DC and Vertigo with a handful of titles from IDW, Dark Horse and Image.

All of my purchases are physical. Most are monthly issues accept for the Vertigo books and Image one (Walking Dead). If I happen to have some light weeks/months I will find something in the graphic novel section to buy.

Incredible Member

I'm too scared to really look. Gotta be at least $10 a day, mainly digital.

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

I am trying to keep it at $100 or less. I used to be a free spender but the boss asked me to budget myself. So I am only buying comixology and digital Dark Horse issues after a price drop. I still buy trades but get them on sales, for gifts and on Amazon mostly. I also get Kickstarters. These blow the monthly budget but I cut back the next months to even it out. It is on the honor system but I do try to be fair about it.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

My pull-list consists of 17 Marvel books, I buy about 5 Image\Boom books digitally and try and add to the Omnibus\Deluxe\OHC collection so I reckon about £100.

I have around 12 code trades set up so that helps me read a little more without added expense.

I've spent about 330.00 on trades this month so far, which is way more than normal. Month before that was 210, 165 before that etc.