Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KittenLord View Post
    I've watched the trailer a few times now. It raises questions for sure.

The guy in the stormtrooper uniform might be a conscripted soldier and not a clone. It's been 30 years and no one knows if there are still clones or at what level since it's likely that is the Empire is still around it will have less assets than at its height.

The ball droid didn't bother me and it's possible it is only in the film for 15 seconds.

Who is the (possible) Sith talking to in the narration? What has awakened? Is it one thing that utilizes both sides of the Force? Or did each side have something/someone suddenly awaken to their power?

Ah, the lightsaber. Having watched that reveal a few times I noticed it does not ignite like a traditional lightsaber. Rather it looks like it is venting plasma rather than focusing light through a crystal.

Given the blank cuts in the trailer there was about 60 seconds of clips total (maybe less). No hint of story or what the political alignments are. The teaser teased a world that is very much Star Wars without telling me a damn thing about it. It still doesn't stop me wondering, though...
    Due to sped up aging, most if not all clones are dead of old age by this time period.
    Cyclops was right

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

That was hilarious.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    I thought it was the same as usual. Bit of a zooom sound, I think.

And, seemed more all over the place, the light of it, more static, and less focused than other lightsabers, Sith, Jedi etc.

Bit like the static look of Luke or Anakins' sabers in the OT, wonder is that just the visual aesthetic of it all, or something about, as one poster said, the energy source? And, for any Bleach readers, my Dad noticed it was a lot longer, light bit, than most sabers. And could've been long enough to get me where I was sitting, without standing. Anyone reminded of Gins' sword/zanpokto, there?
    Nah, if it was extendable I feel like it would be shorter and thinner, like in the EU. This Ines more likely to explode out like plasma.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Lens flares are going to be there.

Luke won't go down the same path as his father (ruins/muddies his character arc).

Main four...? You mean main 6, right? Chewie, R2 and Threepio are all equal in terms of necessary secondary characters.
    Frankly, I'd put Chewoe below is he droids. There's a reason he died in Vector Point.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    The OT also had Harrison Ford, who knew when the romance would get cheesy and then added his own slight changes to make it more believable.

I'm in the camp that firmly believes the PT needed a Han Solo-type character to ground everything, especially with all the emphasis on high-falutin' Jedi/Sith mystic politics.
    I completely agree.
    Cyclops was right

I know I'm as late to this discussion as late get's. Kinda like a snow blizzard in mid summer. But I'm a Star Wars fan and the 'Force Awakens' trailer was totally epic. I was really pleasantly surprised to see the black Stormtrooper from Star Wars Rebels make an appearance in the trailer which causes me to wonder if we'll see The Inquisitor also.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsXDemons View Post
    I know I'm as late to this discussion as late get's. Kinda like a snow blizzard in mid summer. But I'm a Star Wars fan and the 'Force Awakens' trailer was totally epic. I was really pleasantly surprised to see the black Stormtrooper from Star Wars Rebels make an appearance in the trailer which causes me to wonder if we'll see The Inquisitor also.
    I'm not sure if it would've been him, depending what happens in Rebels, with 30 years gone between Return and Force.

Plus, all the years that would've went by in the Original Trilogy itself. Say it's a new character, but who knows...?

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    I doubt that. Even without the books there's no way Luke didn't start training apprentices during the 35 year gap.
    30 year gap, not 35.

And, yes, I agree, would make sense.

Mighty Member

From a first impression of this teaser the title of the movie could be called The Empire Strikes Back Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    I'm not sure if it would've been him, depending what happens in Rebels, with 30 years gone between Return and Force.

Plus, all the years that would've went by in the Original Trilogy itself. Say it's a new character, but who knows...?
    That's what I thought until I read this article and went back and watched the 'Rebels' episode and then re-watched the trailer for 'The Force Awakens'. Here is the link to the article: http://www.mtv.com/news/1986456/star...rebels-leonis/

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    I doubt that. Even without the books there's no way Luke didn't start training apprentices during the 35 year gap.
    I could totally understand Luke not training anyone, why risk creating another Vader?