Thread: Superverse?

Default Superverse?

Now that we are with the whole Spiderverse thing over in Spiderman, I can't help to remember that something similar is happening or happened to Superman. Don't you guys remember AC 9 and Pak's Daekseid issue? The Superman of the multiverse are also getting slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Don't you guys remember AC 9 and Pak's Daekseid issue? The Superman of the multiverse are also getting slaughter.
    Earth 2 SPOILER!

Last time I checked, it was at least as likely that those are failed clones from Darkseid's attempts to create his own Superman.
    You will need a miracle to defeat us, mutant! You are severely outnumbered!
    My brother's the one who cares about numbers.
    THUNK
    I'm the one who believes in miracles.

In Final Crisis: Superman Beyond, Superman joined with anothers Superman archetypes: Ultraman, Captain Marvel, Overman, Captain Atom.
    And don't forget the Supermen of the Multiverse.
    And yes, Darkseid has been slaughter Superman Clones. Only Brutaal was the most sucessful one.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Action #9 and whatever's going on right now with Darkseid are separate incidents. And while I'd love to see another big Multiversal Superman team-up, it may be a good idea to wait awhile before making that a big event unto itself, what with Spider-Verse. For now, this is as close as we get.

Buh-bye

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Action #9 and whatever's going on right now with Darkseid are separate incidents. And while I'd love to see another big Multiversal Superman team-up, it may be a good idea to wait awhile before making that a big event unto itself, what with Spider-Verse. For now, this is as close as we get.

Not one of them is the Golden, Silver, Bronze or Byrne age Superman. What you see are elseworld supermen. We want REAL Superman, Big Difference. I for one sure hope Convergence finally gives it to us.
    Last edited by Lexrules; 12-15-2014 at 10:26 AM.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Not one of them is the Golden, Silver, Bronze or Byrne age Superman. What you see are elseworld supermen. We want REAL Superman, Big Difference. I for one sure hope Convergence finally gives it to us.
    Dude, is there anything that could possibly even begin to satisfy you other than putting Cary Bates and Curt Swan back on the super-books? Indeed, none of those Supermen were there, and that wasn't part of the topic in the first place (Prime, feel free to correct me there if I've somehow missed the point). Whether or not they showed up in this comic from 6 years ago that I was using as a random instance of "a bunch of Supermen get together" has nothing to do with anything here. And you KNOW Convergence has them show up. I like 3 of those 4 Supermen too, but there was no reason whatsoever to interject with that whole deal here again. Even if it was tongue-in-cheek, you've done in to death on every thread that you've found a way to, man. It's not on topic, it's not a reasonable extrapolation of the topic based on what's been posted so far, and it's old. I'd like to see those guys too, but you're past making a point. I really, really don't mean to be a jerk, but maybe give it a rest for a bit unless it's actually tied in to the purpose of the larger discussion.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Dude, is there anything that could possibly even begin to satisfy you other than putting Cary Bates and Curt Swan back on the super-books? Indeed, none of those Supermen were there, and that wasn't part of the topic in the first place (Prime, feel free to correct me there if I've somehow missed the point). Whether or not they showed up in this comic from 6 years ago that I was using as a random instance of "a bunch of Supermen get together" has nothing to do with anything here. And you KNOW Convergence has them show up. I like 3 of those 4 Supermen too, but there was no reason whatsoever to interject with that whole deal here again. Even if it was tongue-in-cheek, you've done in to death on every thread that you've found a way to, man. It's not on topic, it's not a reasonable extrapolation of the topic based on what's been posted so far, and it's old. I'd like to see those guys too, but you're past making a point. I really, really don't mean to be a jerk, but maybe give it a rest for a bit unless it's actually tied in to the purpose of the larger discussion.
    But you were saying to give these things a rest because we saw it in the terrible conclusion to a terrible story that was Final Crisis with all these Elseworld Superman. I'm saying don't give it a rest yet because we haven't seen the real thing yet.

As for a Spiderverse ala Superman I hope not because I want DC to do the complete opposite of what Marvel does. DC is not Marvel nor should it ever be. DC in all intensive purposes was always the leader until up to 10 years ago when certain parties took over the company. DC should be the leader not the follower. They have the real heroes that came first not the knock offs
    Last edited by Lexrules; 12-15-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Well, for me the GOlden age Superman has always been somekind of elseworld.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Actually it's just to point out that what Spiderman is going through, it already happened to Superman because of Superdoom and Darkseid. Both of them have been killing The Supermen of the multiverse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Actually it's just to point out that what Spiderman is going through, it already happened to Superman because of Superdoom and Darkseid. Both of them have been killing The Supermen of the multiverse.
    if that was true, dc multiverse would run out of supermen since it only has 52 earths

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    But you were saying to give these things a rest because we saw it in the terrible conclusion to a terrible story that was Final Crisis with all these Elseworld Superman. I'm saying don't give it a rest yet because we haven't seen the real thing yet.

As for a Spiderverse ala Superman I hope not because I want DC to do the complete opposite of what Marvel does. DC is not Marvel nor should it ever be. DC in all intensive purposes was always the leader until up to 10 years ago when certain parties took over the company. DC should be the leader not the follower. They have the real heroes that came first not the knock offs
    well DC just doing a mini relaunch like marvel now. Now Marvel already used the idea, but i would like to see a superverse but with a different theme
    Last edited by Blacksun; 12-15-2014 at 06:20 PM.